Hampton vs. Summertown

bulldog50

This should be a great game.. No push overs are left now.. Any of the 8 teams that are at the Boro will have a chance to win in Class A ... I for one cant wait to get down there and watch some great high school basketball.. I will cheer on my Hampton Bulldogs in game one 10am.. Then will stay and watch and support the Cloudland Highlanders.. Playing any team at the state tourny worries me because they are ALL GOOD... Any type of an off day will spell doom for any team now. GO DAWGS... Dont care how many points ya win by... Just make it at least ONE.... ;)

they are not tall... they are a fast team. you heard wrong. both teams like to push the tempo. gonna be a fast paced game. well stown slowed it down against pc but thats cause mercer is prolly fastest and most explosive off the dribble in the state, but outside of them they love to run n gun. im taking stown in a close game 5 points or fewer.

Summertown slowed their games against pc because they are better than pc in the half court. In the open court, it's closer to even. The first two games may be the best to watch of the A teams. This should be a fast game, but will probably end up being bogged down somehow. Not quite sure who will win, but if someone was pulling my ear, I would go with Summertown. Don't underestimate the transition for Summertown to a larger gym. They really enjoy small courts.

Edited by WindUpBird

Win or lose, we will ALWAYS be the SUMMERTOWN EAGLES!!!!!!

GO EAGLES!!!!! Bring home that championship!

I am and will always be a Pc fan but I will also support S'town any day as long as they are not taking on my black and gold. S'town has the speed to play with anyone and no their not going to wear down in the 4th quarter. I don't see speed being the determining factor in this one but what I do see as the game changer is S'town having about four guys who can shoot the lights out. I will go s'town by 10.

We took care of business agaisnt Clarksville Academy where all others have failed.

Alrighty, I don't really have a horse in this race, but I have been wanting to say this about Clarksville Academy for over a week now.. You say you beat them when everyone else failed?? Big whoop. Out of "everyone else" who failed, in thier 30-2 record, they only played three good teams. Lawrence County, Perry County, and MBA. Ok, and McEwen was alright.. So they only played 4 teams that were anything above mediocre, and they lost to two of them...

With that being said, THANK YOU Perry County for beating them!!! That made my day when I saw that score!.. But really. That was last weekend. We're all tired of hearing about it.

Theres a lot of basketball to be played before we get to play each other and some great teams as well. We have to play 1 game at a time and hope to see us both get there on saturday.

"AMEN" lets stop the Hampton pc talk until it actually happens! Go Dogs!! GOD Bless!!!

When you get this to this level. Everyone has speed, no team stands out in speed. Plus anyone down at the big dance can win it. The biggest key to playing at the state tournament is playing great defense, without it you will get blown out of the gym in a hurry. Two you have to be able to make shots and make them count. Three the most important things is foul shots. Ive seen to many ball games lost because of this. Take for instance, yesterday North greene was up two with like 10 seconds to go and got fouled and missed both foul shots. Not taking anything away from them but that would have made a 4pt game and it would have been over. So everyone talking about speed, you will see what im talking about when you watch the games down there. Big floor with alot of ball movement.

When you get this to this level. Everyone has speed, no team stands out in speed. Plus anyone down at the big dance can win it. The biggest key to playing at the state tournament is playing great defense, without it you will get blown out of the gym in a hurry. Two you have to be able to make shots and make them count. Three the most important things is foul shots. Ive seen to many ball games lost because of this. Take for instance, yesterday North greene was up two with like 10 seconds to go and got fouled and missed both foul shots. Not taking anything away from them but that would have made a 4pt game and it would have been over. So everyone talking about speed, you will see what im talking about when you watch the games down there. Big floor with alot of ball movement.

There will always be teams that stand out speed wise. Just because you make it this far, doesn't make you fast. That's not necessarily a bad thing, just a different style of basketball. Speed does make a huge difference on the quality of defense a team plays. With that being said, I do agree on free throws. I have seem games won simply because of the amount of free throws a team was able to shoot and make. Others were blown because of an inability to make them when it counts. The North Greene was an excellent analogy, and her missing those free throws changed how she played the rest of the game. She didn't score again. It was the front end of a one and one, though, wasn't it?