Hampton vs. Summertown

bulldog50

Hampton didn't do anything that caused us to play bad we coulndt throw a golf ball in the Atlantic ocean today and we didn't box out we looked tense all day we never relaxed and just played eagle basketball and we r very proud of our boys on a great season alot of teams would have loved to be where we was at today

Now I see what happened, you fellers thought you were supposed to be throwing golf ball in the ocean, thats not what it was at all.I'm surprised you scored as many as you did. Now it seems like people are thinking we are having some kind of agility contest on Friday. Wrong again.

Edited by pujo

Now I see what happened, you fellers thought you were supposed to be throwing golf ball in the ocean, thats not what it was at all.I'm surprised you scored as many as you did. Now it seems like people are thinking we are having some kind of agility contest on Friday. Wrong again.

Hilarious!

Lets also not forget Hampton missed alot of shots too in the first half, otherwise the score could have been worse than it was

Edited by HamptonBulldogs1

I said it last week that if you're quicker than Harriman you're a quick team. Those Bulldogs are a tough bunch. Harriman played their two worse games of the year against you. LOL. Not really, y'all just played better. It happens somethines that good teams lose to better teams. And sometimes good teams can upset great teams. It's like Phil Fulmer told his team in 1998. We don't have to be the best team in the nation every Saturday, just the best team on the field for 13 Saturdays. Hampton just needs to be the better team Friday, whether that's playing over their head or getting lucky and surviving. Good luck Bulldogs.

Congrats to summertown in a good season I don't know them personally and I havnt watched them play but it's always a successful season when you make it to state and for Hampton they have a good opportunity to make a run after seein and watchin some of the teams last year they were some big crazy good teams but this year it seems like everyone is pretty even so they have a good oppurtunity

I said it last week that if you're quicker than Harriman you're a quick team. Those Bulldogs are a tough bunch. Harriman played their two worse games of the year against you. LOL. Not really, y'all just played better. It happens somethines that good teams lose to better teams. And sometimes good teams can upset great teams. It's like Phil Fulmer told his team in 1998. We don't have to be the best team in the nation every Saturday, just the best team on the field for 13 Saturdays. Hampton just needs to be the better team Friday, whether that's playing over their head or getting lucky and surviving. Good luck Bulldogs.

Good post goose

Ty yea that wasn't summertown basketball today at all and thanks go win that gold ball for district 12

When I was talking to Hurricane about Summertown I was just talking about the way the Eagles played.I did not meen to or try to take anything away from a great Hampton team @ all! Yall got a great player, Mr Basketball IMO in Hughes! That boy can shootfrom anywhere and range isnt a factor so no disrespect to Hampton at all!

Edited by Viking97

Hampton played pretty well at times. I'm sure S-town usually shoots better than that or they would not have been where they were at. Seemed like a good bunch of kids. I do think that Hampton's defense did have something to do with it though. S-town really did not have a lot of wide open looks until the very last minute of the game when the starters were out. That is when S-town really shot well. Coincidence? I don't really think so. Just getting a shot off and having time to set your feet, relax and shoot are 2 different things. The same thing happened to Cloudland. That was the worst they had shot all year, I'm sure, but they were also in a rush to get those shots off because of the speed of Middleton. I'm glad Ward stepped up and had an OK game. Not as good of as Hughes of course, but OK.

Hampton played pretty well at times. I'm sure S-town usually shoots better than that or they would not have been where they were at. Seemed like a good bunch of kids. I do think that Hampton's defense did have something to do with it though. S-town really did not have a lot of wide open looks until the very last minute of the game when the starters were out. That is when S-town really shot well. Coincidence? I don't really think so. Just getting a shot off and having time to set your feet, relax and shoot are 2 different things. The same thing happened to Cloudland. That was the worst they had shot all year, I'm sure, but they were also in a rush to get those shots off because of the speed of Middleton. I'm glad Ward stepped up and had an OK game. Not as good of as Hughes of course, but OK.

I personally think that is one of the best games I have seen Dylan Ward play. Offense, defense, rebounding, ball handling, he kept things together through the lull the Dogs had in the first half. Only when he started scoring was Hughes able to get some separation from his defender because they had to pay attention to Dylan. We need a good TEAM game tomorrow and to me Dylan Hill will be the key. He HAS to play big for us to have a chance. JMO

I personally think that is one of the best games I have seen Dylan Ward play. Offense, defense, rebounding, ball handling, he kept things together through the lull the Dogs had in the first half. Only when he started scoring was Hughes able to get some separation from his defender because they had to pay attention to Dylan. We need a good TEAM game tomorrow and to me Dylan Hill will be the key. He HAS to play big for us to have a chance. JMO

AGREED