MBA Names Marty Euverard New Football Coach

RedShooter

MBA School Portal » MBA Names Marty Euverard New Football Coach

MBA Names Marty Euverard New Football Coach

5/13/2011

Press Release:

Montgomery Bell Academy is pleased to announce the appointment of Marty Euverard as our new head football coach. Coach Euverard will begin his work at MBA very soon.

Marty Euverard:

• Fits our profile for a great man, teacher, and coach.

• His care for young people, the classroom, and football will bring excitement to the MBA campus and community.

• His experience at both public and independent schools in Middle Tennessee is strong and impressive.

• His interest in MBA, our mission, and community all seem right as evidenced by Coach Euverards’s own statements to us:

"Anyone who knows about Montgomery Bell Academy knows the strength and foundation of the school is based on academic integrity and excellence.

"Building relationships with students is, in my opinion, the best and strongest way to reach and teach students. Most students want to be educated but it takes a mutual trust between a student and a teacher to push the student to reach goals and strive for excellence.

"It is my purpose and concern as a coach to make sure their experience in high school builds this character into each and every player in the program to ensure a great and fulfilling life. As a head coach, it is my responsibility that the program runs with integrity, loyalty, and hard work as our fundamental belief system, in concordance with the history and tradition of the school."

Edited by RedShooter

This man has a solid reputation, is tough, experienced, and proven. He has a fine track record with only a small blemish from those who were not tough enough to pracice hard and play hard. The kids at BGA loved him and they will miss him.

He approached MBA and wanted the job. I think MBA got it right with the small amount of time to find a head coach.

I heard his son is a heck of a qb.

No offense, but this was a completely unimpressive, but at least now it makes sense according to this post. Since they couldnt get a great coach to come in after this mess, use it as a recruiting opportunity and get a QB out of it.

So the going rate for a school's reputation and fired/resigned coach is a med-level coach with average success and a qb son?

I really thought MBA could do much better.

I heard his son is a heck of a qb.

Will he be eligible right away? Are they moving to make him eligible? What and I saying this is MBA and The Brad Childress' TSSAA of course he is.

Every school in the state take note if you self report and self solve the problem, no penalty. Maybe it is a new rule, because I know for a fact they passed out some pretty stiff penalties during basketball season on top of the schools self reporting and self solving, maybe that rule is just for private schools.

Coach Euverard Good Luck I hope you know what you are in for with Gioia.

As a big Mcgugin supporter,and perhaps his closest supporter, this new hire is exceptional but time will certainly tell. For the first time in years, MBA has hired someone out of the Belle Meade loop. Marty may own a blazer but probably not a suit. He does not fit the traditional mold and will bring something in, perhaps spirit related, that MBA has not experienced before. He is a grinder from the public school system that will be a differet breath, whether good or bad, and time and the MBA community will tell. The fact that he is bringing his son is an affirmation that he wants his child to have a chance to have the best so

Retired to the bleachers, you are misinformed about this. By the way, you have not missed anything before so I am not bashing you on this and I pay you respect. The only thing botched, once again, is that the headmaster did not interview, even out of a courtesy, the three staff coaches that applied which included an NFL player and a defensive coordinated who played college football. Really stupid with no foresight or wisdom. Another morotic move. And as before, MBA has taken no action against the parents who took took the money which needs to be done soon. Why the mistakes continue is a mystery but is easily solved.

As a big Mcgugin supporter,and perhaps his closest supporter, this new hire is exceptional but time will certainly tell. For the first time in years, MBA has hired someone out of the Belle Meade loop. Marty may own a blazer but probably not a suit. He does not fit the traditional mold and will bring something in, perhaps spirit related, that MBA has not experienced before. He is a grinder from the public school system that will be a differet breath, whether good or bad, and time and the MBA community will tell. The fact that he is bringing his son is an affirmation that he wants his child to have a chance to have the best so

Retired to the bleachers, you are misinformed about this. By the way, you have not missed anything before so I am not bashing you on this and I pay you respect. The only thing botched, once again, is that the headmaster did not interview, even out of a courtesy, the three staff coaches that applied which included an NFL player and a defensive coordinated who played college football. Really stupid with no foresight or wisdom. Another morotic move. And as before, MBA has taken no action against the parents who took took the money which needs to be done soon. Why the mistakes continue is a mystery but is easily solved.

The more I hear of this, the hurt pours out from every angle. How ME got involved as quickly as he did could be revealing. DA said ME is tough, experienced and proven. Anyone who knows the trip he has taken in his career, even with a so-so record, understands he has had to be a problem solver and motivator every place he's been. The only thing he's needed is the support of his administration. I am sure when he was hired at BGA a great deal was investigated. His tenure with Oakland speaks a thousand words. He took a very hard situation there, much harder than this, and made it work. At least he has a staff. He has not been hesitant to make decisions. Somebody else has seen that same thing. It is true he is a coach with a public school background but how could he do any worse than the situation as it is right now. He comes with a reputation of creditability and knows what he is doing. Likely he knows there could be other shoes to fall. It would be hard to believe the TSSAA is through but information posted here or anywhere is not necessarily reliable.

He is there to coach football and motivate the staff and players. Someone else at the school is going to have to clear up the rest. He may not be there but a few years but I believe his actions will not hurt the school one bit. MBA is fortunate to have him. The Nashville Community is ready for this to be over with. Whether a fan or not, its like a dagger in their heart. DA is right. Right now its in the hands of the Adminsitration and a very good and responsible fan base. Any mistakes made will be owned up to. MBA is not known for wanting anything given to them. The history that I know of the school for the last 40 years is more than football

Edited by PHargis