South Pittsburg Pirates 2011 Version

OLD PIRATE

Most of the time high school football is won based on line play. The years S.P. has won titles has been when they were solid up front. A team that wins games always has good players as well. It takes good players to win games. S.P. had too may turnovers at Polk last season to have a chance at winning and honestly Jared Allen was a one man wrecking crew. He was a man among boys. I believe they were going at it 4 days each week in the weightroom up until spring practice. They will be ok this season. Alot can be accomplished during the summer months.

4 days a week? Your joking. Grider has given these boys all kinds of time off and it showed in our spring training game. Everytime I drive by that durn weightroom, their is nobody their. Our boys better get to lifting weights and wearing their ankle weights this summer so they will be big and strong and fast for the season or we will lose some games. You think im joking but im not.

4 days a week? Your joking. Grider has given these boys all kinds of time off and it showed in our spring training game. Everytime I drive by that durn weightroom, their is nobody their. Our boys better get to lifting weights and wearing their ankle weights this summer so they will be big and strong and fast for the season or we will lose some games. You think im joking but im not.

You reckon' they are lifting at mid night? (so no one knows)

Most of the time high school football is won based on line play. The years S.P. has won titles has been when they were solid up front. A team that wins games always has good players as well. It takes good players to win games. S.P. had too may turnovers at Polk last season to have a chance at winning and honestly Jared Allen was a one man wrecking crew. He was a man among boys. I believe they were going at it 4 days each week in the weightroom up until spring practice. They will be ok this season. Alot can be accomplished during the summer months.

You must be joking mr Pirate2003. I'z thought we were "solid up front" in 2008 when we let those Heartsville-Trousedale boyz still one from us up their on that creekbank.You think Im dumb but im knot.

Rumor going around is Mike Backer has gotten just about too big to stay at LB....Someone get that boy some ankle weights and get him to runnin... Hope summer workouts are in full effect...Going to need some push from younger guys this year...Especially up front

Traintracks let me ask you a question. I looked in my Murphy Fair book and Grider does not have a boy on our team named Mike Backer. I garuntee you that I looked several times out our roster and I could not find this boy. Are you talking about Mike Ashburn? That is one of our real big boys that can nock a hole for our runners to run through.

Traintracks let me ask you a question. I looked in my Murphy Fair book and Grider does not have a boy on our team named Mike Backer. I garuntee you that I looked several times out our roster and I could not find this boy. Are you talking about Mike Ashburn? That is one of our real big boys that can nock a hole for our runners to run through.

:roflol: Google it Mr Dilliard

Dad burnit OP just got back from taken the SS(skillet slinger) to the beach for vacation. OP says the scenery was awful nice down their, until the SS caught OP a lookin. :roflol: Least ways OP suffered another skillet attack later that evening. OP was a wonderin what has been going on round the weight house these last few days. Last time OP saw any of them boys they would have had a hard time taking the SS to the second round. Yous think OP is jokin, OP aint jokin either. :bored:

Edited by OLD PIRATE

I was reading in my newspaper this morning about those Alcoa boys. I garuntee you that Rankin man is a real good coach. He is in the TSSAA hall of fame. He spent $180,000 dollars on his champion rings last year for those boys. I was talking to a man and he told me Grider only spent 10,000 dollars on his boys rings. What kind of mess is this? That Hargis man that wrote this article also said that Grider would not play these Alcoa boys because he could not tackle them. Tackling is a fundamental of the game and Grider should be teaching these boys how to tackle. This would be a good game to see how good of a team Grider has. That Rankin man was going to give Grider 25,000 dollars a year to play him and Grider would not do it. You think im joking but im not. That Rankin man said he wanted to be in a small town, Grider should see if he wants to come to South Pittsburg and be an assistant coach. You think im joking but im not.

I was reading in my newspaper this morning about those Alcoa boys. I garuntee you that Rankin man is a real good coach. He is in the TSSAA hall of fame. He spent $180,000 dollars on his champion rings last year for those boys. I was talking to a man and he told me Grider only spent 10,000 dollars on his boys rings. What kind of mess is this? That Hargis man that wrote this article also said that Grider would not play these Alcoa boys because he could not tackle them. Tackling is a fundamental of the game and Grider should be teaching these boys how to tackle. This would be a good game to see how good of a team Grider has. That Rankin man was going to give Grider 25,000 dollars a year to play him and Grider would not do it. You think im joking but im not. That Rankin man said he wanted to be in a small town, Grider should see if he wants to come to South Pittsburg and be an assistant coach. You think im joking but im not.

Great post! :roflolk::roflolk: