South Pittsburg Pirates 2011 Version

OLD PIRATE

You better get them boys to work, cause the fellers up here on the Mountain is takin it real serious. When they ain't in the weight room, they's out splittin and stackin firewood for the winter. If you ain't careful, we'll be takin yall to the woodshed when ya visit this fall.

Power_bird.gif

Old Pirate understands why Roy has his jock in a wod. Ain't been much activity round the weight house that's fo sure. Recon, the Pirates will be attempting to out runs everybody agin. Don't ritely see hows theys can make up all the time off!It remains to be seen how physical this team will be. The scrimmage didn't do anything to lend credit they would be a physical team.

Old Pirate understands why Roy has his jock in a wod. Ain't been much activity round the weight house that's fo sure. Recon, the Pirates will be attempting to out runs everybody agin. Don't ritely see hows theys can make up all the time off!It remains to be seen how physical this team will be. The scrimmage didn't do anything to lend credit they would be a physical team.

Apparently, they like it when teams like Polk County and Onion City get physical with them.

Wildcats will be in a down year. As always, they will play hard. Pirates will beat Polk Co in 2011.

I garuntee you that those Polk boys have nocked holes in our line the last two years for their runners to run through. Grider better not be counting this as an easy win or we will get beat. We will see how good Polk is when my Murphy Fair book comes out.

That may happen but I bet Polk gets physical with them.

To be perfectly honest Polk County is the only team last year to physically beat the Pirates up. Plain and simple the line dominated and they just busted us in the teeth. But again they are not in single a

Didn't go to the PC game last year but heard we looked EXTREMELY weak up front....SP wins on talent most years not hard work...Not all years but most...Hate to say that about us but out of past 15 years I've been told probably only 4-5 teams actually took pride in the weightroom and it showed...Luckily 1A doesn't seem to have anyone ready for SP based off what TrainTracks saw last year...Idk about this year overall but I know a few young guys are working hard this offseason...Hard to get a gouge based off spring with so many key guys out...Not having those couple weeks could make "THE TRAIN" slower out of the gates this year as far as this team jelling together....Time will tell

To be perfectly honest Polk County is the only team last year to physically beat the Pirates up. Plain and simple the line dominated and they just busted us in the teeth. But again they are not in single a

As long as a UC type team doesn't sneak up on them like in '09 or Gordyville in '06. The weight room etc. may have been a big difference in those games. Jo Byrne's maybe stronger but the speed will be questionable but then so was U.C.'s in '09.

Most of the time high school football is won based on line play. The years S.P. has won titles has been when they were solid up front. A team that wins games always has good players as well. It takes good players to win games. S.P. had too may turnovers at Polk last season to have a chance at winning and honestly Jared Allen was a one man wrecking crew. He was a man among boys. I believe they were going at it 4 days each week in the weightroom up until spring practice. They will be ok this season. Alot can be accomplished during the summer months.