South Pittsburg Pirates 2011 Version

OLD PIRATE

I was reading in my newspaper this morning about those Alcoa boys. I garuntee you that Rankin man is a real good coach. He is in the TSSAA hall of fame. He spent $180,000 dollars on his champion rings last year for those boys. I was talking to a man and he told me Grider only spent 10,000 dollars on his boys rings. What kind of mess is this? That Hargis man that wrote this article also said that Grider would not play these Alcoa boys because he could not tackle them. Tackling is a fundamental of the game and Grider should be teaching these boys how to tackle. This would be a good game to see how good of a team Grider has. That Rankin man was going to give Grider 25,000 dollars a year to play him and Grider would not do it. You think im joking but im not. That Rankin man said he wanted to be in a small town, Grider should see if he wants to come to South Pittsburg and be an assistant coach. You think im joking but im not.

Are you sure Rankin wanted to play SP?

Are you sure Rankin wanted to play SP?

That Hargis man said in the paper that Grider turned down 25,000 dollars a year to play these Alcoa boys, so apparently that Rankin man did want to play Grider. If we won another championship, Grider could have used that money to buy our boys some better champion rings. You think im joking but im not.

That Hargis man said in the paper that Grider turned down 25,000 dollars a year to play these Alcoa boys, so apparently that Rankin man did want to play Grider. If we won another championship, Grider could have used that money to buy our boys some better champion rings. You think im joking but im not.

I am surprised Grier made that public. A lot of SP folks get on here and whine about what teams won't play them. 25k would make a lot of difference in the budget.

I am surprised Grier made that public. A lot of SP folks get on here and whine about what teams won't play them. 25k would make a lot of difference in the budget.

After getting hammered at Polk County last year, it didn't really make any sense scheduling Alcoa. There are only 5 public schools with a football team smaller than S.P. How in hades do you expect them to have the depth when they are routinely playing guys both ways as it is.

However, if Rankin is running around offering up $25,000 to get the 5th smallest public school with a football team to play them, it puts his character into question. Maybe he should call up Brentwood Academy or better yet, come down to Florida or south Georgia and get one of those teams. Some of them have stadiums big enough to host Division II College games (like Valdosta).

The article didn't say Alcoa offered $25,000 to play them. S.P schedule is already strong enough. Signal Mountain on the other hand doesn't have an excuse. They dodged 3A all together. I was told Alcoa called, but I believe the week they had open was already scheduled.

Alcoa found a game. I believe SP is only playing 9 this year, according to the article.

The article didn't say Alcoa offered $25,000 to play them. S.P schedule is already strong enough. Signal Mountain on the other hand doesn't have an excuse. They dodged 3A all together. I was told Alcoa called, but I believe the week they had open was already scheduled.

No but the article said the gate could be as much as $25K.

Had South Pittsburg agreed to schedule Alcoa to a two-year contract, the teams would have taken turns hosting, but even the potential for a home game that could bring in as much as $25,000 in gate receipts wasn’t enough to sway Grider.

That would take at least 10,000 people at $5 a ticket . . . how many can the cram in at Beene Stadium? ~ 5000? That isn't bad for a little 'ol 1a school.

Let me ask you a question. Why does Grider not charge 500 dollars for some of these boys from out of town in Chattanooga, Georgia, and Alabama to come and play like this Rankin man does at Alcoa? We could get some real good boys to come if he would just charge them a little money to come and play. This is how this Rankin man is winning all these championships at Alcoa. You think im joking but im not.