Rhea County Coaching Search

I have no desire to coach, nor am I qualified to teach. I will be like most everyone else on here and happily offer my opinion(s) on matters concerning the Green and Gold. Read them or skip over them, it's fine with me. I just like having a good time discussing things.

I've beem reading your posts for over a year and finally decided to register myself, thinking somebody else needs to say a few things cause your opinions are not based in fact, and are what many of us would call dangerous. You are about a lot more than having a good time. You have a personal agenda.And it has a mean streak. I think folks will figure that out at some point.

I was not intending to imply that the previous staff played people because of who their parents are. I was just stating that Davis definately would never do that. I also think Mike Davis would have one set of rules, and he would stick to them. I think that is an area that kills most coaches. You can't have one set of rules for your studs and another set of rules for your duds. That kills a team more than anything. Again, I'm not saying the previous staff was guilty of that, I'm just saying that Davis definately wouldn't...

Wow you mean coaches separate their players into lists of "studs" and "duds"? I do have a problem with that.

I was not intending to imply that the previous staff played people because of who their parents are. I was just stating that Davis definately would never do that. I also think Mike Davis would have one set of rules, and he would stick to them. I think that is an area that kills most coaches. You can't have one set of rules for your studs and another set of rules for your duds. That kills a team more than anything. Again, I'm not saying the previous staff was guilty of that, I'm just saying that Davis definately wouldn't...

Coach I know you were not implying that the ex coaches played favs nor were you calling your players duds. I know you care about each one of your kids. You are doing a good job with the program here at Rhea and we appreciate you. I do have one suggestion for an opportunity for improvement though. I have personally seen some athletes drop out of basketball because they couldn't make all the required workouts practices etc. Some are two to three sport athletes that are usually involved at multiple sports at a time. Some of these individuals I have witnessed could definitely come off the bench and give you valuable minutes and provide better depth. I understand basketball is not seasonal anymore just like every other sport isn't but I think you need to realize basketball is not every childs primary sport. One child particular had to quit because he had summer football workouts early in the morning, basketball practice early afternoon, then two hour drive and a two to three hour baseball practice then two hour drive back home each day. It is their youth and somehow it has to work if a young man or woman wants to play multi sports.

Back to the coaching search!

After a few days and lots of discussion our family strongly feels Coach Cook is the the best hire. I REALLY believe he is on the brink of doing GREAT things WHEREVER he is at. Some of the other candidates are qualified but this is where we stand. He has been involved in our county's football for years. He grew up here. He laced em up and strapped it on here! He knows football and most of all I believe he will make our kids better men. I am definitely not one for hiring one of these guys that has a trend of leaving in a year or two. Coach Cook is one of our own! Lets treat him like one!

After a few days and lots of discussion our family strongly feels Coach Cook is the the best hire. I REALLY believe he is on the brink of doing GREAT things WHEREVER he is at. Some of the other candidates are qualified but this is where we stand. He has been involved in our county's football for years. He grew up here. He laced em up and strapped it on here! He knows football and most of all I believe he will make our kids better men. I am definitely not one for hiring one of these guys that has a trend of leaving in a year or two. Coach Cook is one of our own! Lets treat him like one!

I am with you BigBird. This is a coach that needs his chance at the high school. No doubt good things will happen. From what I have heard he is a big player and community favorite.