Rhea County Coaching Search

From an outsider looking in:

What the heck is going on at RCHS??

In 1 year they have removed or replaced or ready to replace Head Coaches in: Softball, Volleyball, Wrestling, Golf, Baseball, and now Football??

These are just the positions that I am aware of off the top of my head.

Educate me please.

There is one factor overlooked in this discussion and it is not any of the coaches. What many coaches

in and out of Rhea County know is that there are problems in the Rhea County administration. Former

School Directors made sure that School Board Members stayed out of coaching and hiring decisions.

That is no longer the case. Until this year it was hard to tell who was serving as AD. Even coaches

had trouble finding out who was in charge of athletics at Rhea County High School. Now take that

situation and add in the low pay and you just don't have coaches standing in line to work at Rhea

County. The best hope is a local person who loves the county and does not mind abuse.

:rolleyes::popcorneater:

Don't go to the every practice I've attended he is yelling at someone. Coach Fitzgerald was a fine coach also

and I have seen him get on players also. Your point about going with the hometown boy makes no sense and I am from here. That may be our problem, it certainly looks like that with some other things that go along with the school. I for one have been very pleased with Davis and believe he should get his shot also. Coach Cook is good also. I am not going to turn this into a ripping of one coach to promote another. They both would be good choices. Cook seems to be coaching at Chattanooga Central now and Davis is still at Rhea COunty. I, like the players that I talked to, believe Davis would be the logical and right choice. They can see that he wants them to do well both on and off the field. Success can be measured in many ways. I believe Davis is the way to go and I will not change my mind because others beleive a hometown boy should get his shot.

I have talked to ALOT of players, parents, and supporters of the program and NOT a single one thought Davis would be the right fit. Nothing personal against him at all. I would like to see Coach Davis in a bigger role or maybe the same but most of us feel Coach Cook needs to be the new face of the Golden Eagles. I feel he will be VERY successful as a head coach and is the best fit for our program and children for YEARS to come!

From an outsider looking in:

What the heck is going on at RCHS??

In 1 year they have removed or replaced or ready to replace Head Coaches in: Softball, Volleyball, Wrestling, Golf, Baseball, and now Football??

These are just the positions that I am aware of off the top of my head.

Educate me please.

I have asked that very same question a lot recently.

Well they all have their own reasons. Golf and Boys tennis coach became the assistant principal. Football the administration didnt work with the head coach to make the program better so he step down. The wrestling coach the administration fired for "personnel issues". The soccer coach is having a baby. Volleyball I don't remember. Softball the last coach that left for east hamilton I don't think she wanted to be here. As for baseball the administration just wanted their guy in there. I think that is about it.

Edited by Rhea Co.

I have asked that very same question a lot recently.

Well they all have their own reasons. Golf and Boys tennis coach became the assistant principal. Football the administration didnt work with the head coach to make the program better so he step down. The wrestling coach the administration fired for "personnel issues". The soccer coach is having a baby. Volleyball I don't remember. Softball the last coach that left for east hamilton I don't think she wanted to be here. As for baseball the administration just wanted their guy in there. I think that is about it.

The previous golf coach, Mack Beatty, quit out of frustration with the administration. The softball coach probably saw how they treated the previous coach and bailed out to a better situation as soon as she could. The previous softball coach seemed to be doing a good job but she did not start everybody the administration wanted her to start. As for football, the staff was treated very poorly by the administration. At one point Coach Fitz was asked to step aside to bring back Hammontree,which proved to be a disaster, but Fitz did his part for the school anyway. Another time the administration promised Fitz the AD job to not leave, but then did not give it to him. Instead the school had a Mystery AD until this year. The coaches literally did not know for sure who the AD was. As for baseball, most people in the know understand that was about buying a School Board vote for the new Director of Schools. People need to understand that the administration at Rhea County has created an atmosphere that is not conducive to attracting quality coaches.

Fitz was asked to step aside in 04 because our program was a trainwreck. From discipline problems on the field to coaches taking swings at opposing teams, it was a wreck. Honestly, I'd like to hear some of the reasoning behind the "administration wouldn't help the coaches win" argument.

I like what Coach Marsh did this past season at Sweetwater. I'd like to have someone with a little more experience, but I'm starting to like the idea of hiring someone from outside Rhea County.

Fitz was asked to step aside in 04 because our program was a trainwreck. From discipline problems on the field to coaches taking swings at opposing teams, it was a wreck. Honestly, I'd like to hear some of the reasoning behind the "administration wouldn't help the coaches win" argument.

I like what Coach Marsh did this past season at Sweetwater. I'd like to have someone with a little more experience, but I'm starting to like the idea of hiring someone from outside Rhea County.

Most of us would LOVE to see you step aside. Step aside from your computer awhile. Start taking some steps outside of our county! We have read your posts for years and you have absolutely NOTHING nice or positive to say about the program. NOTHING! Your screen name is a joke! You are one of those that moans, groans, and complains EVERY opportunity you can but has NEVER done anything to help. Trust me. There is ways that we all can help. One way is for us to STOP the negativity and get behind these players and coaches NO MATTER who it is. This is in my opinion the best group of players since 2008 where we made a quarterfinal appearance. Our new coach is coming into a good situation as far as players go. Sure am ready to see who it's going to be!

The previous golf coach, Mack Beatty, quit out of frustration with the administration. The softball coach probably saw how they treated the previous coach and bailed out to a better situation as soon as she could. The previous softball coach seemed to be doing a good job but she did not start everybody the administration wanted her to start. As for football, the staff was treated very poorly by the administration. At one point Coach Fitz was asked to step aside to bring back Hammontree,which proved to be a disaster, but Fitz did his part for the school anyway. Another time the administration promised Fitz the AD job to not leave, but then did not give it to him. Instead the school had a Mystery AD until this year. The coaches literally did not know for sure who the AD was. As for baseball, most people in the know understand that was about buying a School Board vote for the new Director of Schools. People need to understand that the administration at Rhea County has created an atmosphere that is not conducive to attracting quality coaches.

All this info that you have seems to be coming from a p***ed off ex coach. You talk about maning up and talking to people. Well why don't you just tell them in person what you think and stop beating around the bush. At this moment we on this thread are talking about the coaching search. So get off your ignorant a** soap box and take a vacation since you want be coaching this year.

Edited by EagleLegend1

Most of us would LOVE to see you step aside. Step aside from your computer awhile. Start taking some steps outside of our county! We have read your posts for years and you have absolutely NOTHING nice or positive to say about the program. NOTHING! Your screen name is a joke! You are one of those that moans, groans, and complains EVERY opportunity you can but has NEVER done anything to help. Trust me. There is ways that we all can help. One way is for us to STOP the negativity and get behind these players and coaches NO MATTER who it is. This is in my opinion the best group of players since 2008 where we made a quarterfinal appearance. Our new coach is coming into a good situation as far as players go. Sure am ready to see who it's going to be!

what are you talking about..