What does Polk County look like this season?

Polk04

Yes I know about the off field incidents and agree they shouldn't have happened. I'm not taking anything away from Couch he does hold the record for headhunter and he had to be on his own level because his teams didn't have the level of talent this past years had. Jared did play some outside LB freshman year and could have done very well there. All i'm saying is that people shouldn't be downing his play on the football field saying he was selfish when he wasn't based on what happened after the season was over.

I think his reputation for being such a great player on the field was almost ruined to some people especially teammates after the off field incidents. It is possible his teammates looked at his play differently after them and saw him through a whole new light. The kid played hard no doubt but he should have handled some things differently than what they did. On field achievements are affected by off the field incidents this is what seems to have happened.

I think his reputation for being such a great player on the field was almost ruined to some people especially teammates after the off field incidents. It is possible his teammates looked at his play differently after them and saw him through a whole new light. The kid played hard no doubt but he should have handled some things differently than what they did. On field achievements are affected by off the field incidents this is what seems to have happened.

Cam Newton won the heisman.. just a reminder

Or ask me someone who didn't sit beside coach Davis for more then 3 hours a day at school. Hargrove is the BEST defensive player to ever play for Polk County. Anyone who says different is lying. he was about 40 points short of breaking the headhunter record set by Couch and Hargrove didn't have to play every quarter of every game like him. Just because he ain't in the "in" crowd like you, you look down on him. And how is taking game film home and watching it during the week being a selfish player? He fit the system just fine celebrating with team mates on a score or good tackle.

HAHA :roflol: As for me sitting beside DD for 3 hours a day....dont be jealous :thumb: . "Hargrove is the BEST defensive player to ever play for Polk County." If so why did Allen win the Chatt Times D player of the year, not Hargrove?? And yes i went there :hungry: . I will answer why he didnt win it. Allen made the game changing plays for PC, for example the caused fumble that PC recovered the turned into 6, and pick 6 against south pitt.. thats just one game defensivly. He made plays like that all the time Allen was THE defference maker, anyone that knows the game and watched him can tell you that. Hargrove did not fit the system at all with his selfish play, and anyone that played with him and thinks that he did probably didnt fit either. Just ask his fellow LB, the one he played beside all year. He will tell you word for word what i just did. As for me "downing" his play, i never did. I agree he was a good player, but also recogize his lack of leadership, and his "ME" additude. Not taking away from his play but simply stating facts! :thumb: . Go Wildcats!!

Edited by wildcatpride2011

The one thing that has always impressed me about Polk county in the 30 yrs I've been around s.e. tn. sports is how well the fans support their teams, but all of a sudden they have built a successful program in football (in what might be the weakest district in the history of the state) have gone out and started to compete with bigger (bradley) and better programs (south Pitt) and just like so many others they start bickering. Just keep doing what got you to this point and enjoy the success cause all victory is fleeting.

Could you give us specific examples of these "so many others" that you speak of? It would be nice to have a reference of what not to do.

Thanks

Cleveland has had it's fair share of bickering, to the point that players have chose to go to other schools. It can be between players or parent's. Playing time or jealously about who get's to score a TD.

Ah yes, the old "I know the answer, but I'm not telling you" ploy, most commonly used by children. Just as Charlie suspected... Now run along to your finger paints, it will be your nap time soon.

Let the adults discuss football!

Not even close, more like I suspected you already know. I apologize for over estimating your information. Troll on Troll on.

Edited by anotherback

HAHA As for me sitting beside DD for 3 hours a day....dont be jealous . "Hargrove is the BEST defensive player to ever play for Polk County." If so why did Allen win the Chatt Times D player of the year, not Hargrove?? And yes i went there :hungry: . I will answer why he didnt win it. Allen made the game changing plays for PC, for example the caused fumble that PC recovered the turned into 6, and pick 6 against south pitt.. thats just one game defensivly. He made plays like that all the time Allen was THE defference maker, anyone that knows the game and watched him can tell you that. Hargrove did not fit the system at all with his selfish play, and anyone that played with him and thinks that he did probably didnt fit either. Just ask his fellow LB, the one he played beside all year. He will tell you word for word what i just did. As for me "downing" his play, i never did. I agree he was a good player, but also recogize his lack of leadership, and his "ME" additude. Not taking away from his play but simply stating facts! . Go Wildcats!!

How come Allen didn't get All State in defense 2 years in a row? I'll tell you why. Hargrove made the game changing plays too like at Tyner selling out to tackle the guy who was on his way for a touchdown a selfish player wouldn't have done that. How many 3rd downs did Hargrove stop in the back field? Or better yet who rattled South Pitts Qb so bad that everyone in the stadium could tell he was scared to play sounds like a "defference" maker to me :popcorneater: There are two types of leaders vocal and those who lead by example like he did. And to say he was out there for himself you must not have known him at all because he was playing for his brother and friends. Just stating facts :thumb: