Signal Mtn t the most CLASSLESS team in TN!

foozballman

Yes, and that is the real shame. Soddy has some extremely talented players. The players were well conditioned and had good skills. Soddy should do well this year.

Yall have a good enough team that yall should be able to compete without all the cheating and cheap shots, though. You can't drop 8 in coverage or rush the quarterback in 7on 7. And, you shouldn't waylay a guy when a single touch will do. Incidental collisions occur in 7 on 7, but if you were there, you know what I'm talking about. I don't know why the coaches allowed this to happen through the whole contest, but the fight was inevitable as things continued to escalate. That yahoo coach you had in the secondary instigated a lot of this with his whooping, taunting, and chest bumping every time your guys hit somebody. I wish foozballman would post any video he has for all to see.

As for the fight, I had front row center seats. I was less than ten feet from where it started. Signal caught a TD two yards deep in the endzone. The trailing DB or LB, who had been beaten, threw a forearm to the back of the head a good two steps after the catch, when the receiver had already stopped running. Guess you can say the Signal player should have had the composure not to retaliate, but it's hard to tolerate that kind of crap.

It was quite the brawl. Worse than the South Pitt / Central fight last year. I'm too old to get involved and too weak to intervene:roflolk: , so I just backed up and watched it all unfold. I'm not condoning or passing judgement, just telling what I saw. In the melee of what must have been 40 people, I did see a non-coach adult (don't know the man) on top of a pile, kidney punching a Soddy player. As they came up from the pile, there were actually two Soddy players on top of a Signal player, and the Soddy player was choking the Signal player and had his hands up in the guy's facemask. Just telling what I saw from where I was.

I know both teams want to get in pads and go at it, but I don't know if that is such a good idea in a jamboree that means nothing. If both sides could keep it fair, it would be some good football, but I don't see that happening. I suspect several players from each team will be sitting out the first game of the season if we faceoff in the jamboree.

JMHO, which also means nothing. :thumb:

Troll I am very much in favor of not scrimmaging in the Jamboree as well. As far as I am concerned I would be just as happy if we never saw each other again. There can be nothing good to come of playing each other in the jamboree. The last thing either team needs is to lose players due to suspensions. I am in no way saying our players did not participate in the instigation or retaliation of any skirmish that happened on the field. What concerned me most was the parents involvement. Check out the times freepress ariticle that came out today. Keep in mind he did not call out Signal Mtn for the parent involvement however, it happened on your sidelines where some(not all) parents were not in the stands as they were suppose to be. Our parents did not have time to get over there to be involved. Trust me they were comming but because they(I) were where they were suppose to be could not get involved. I don't mean to call out all signal fans. I enjoy reading all your comments on every thread. Most of the reason for this is that your very excited about your program(and should be) and very involved. I am sorry that several bad apples ruined the entire bunch.

Troll I am very much in favor of not scrimmaging in the Jamboree as well. As far as I am concerned I would be just as happy if we never saw each other again. There can be nothing good to come of playing each other in the jamboree. The last thing either team needs is to lose players due to suspensions. I am in no way saying our players did not participate in the instigation or retaliation of any skirmish that happened on the field. What concerned me most was the parents involvement. Check out the times freepress ariticle that came out today. Keep in mind he did not call out Signal Mtn for the parent involvement however, it happened on your sidelines where some(not all) parents were not in the stands as they were suppose to be. Our parents did not have time to get over there to be involved. Trust me they were comming but because they(I) were where they were suppose to be could not get involved. I don't mean to call out all signal fans. I enjoy reading all your comments on every thread. Most of the reason for this is that your very excited about your program(and should be) and very involved. I am sorry that several bad apples ruined the entire bunch.

Sad commentary on high school football. If any of the schools involved had any class and were concerned about the teaching kids how to behave, they would take immediate and strict disciplanary action. The governing bodies are already monitoring 7 on 7's. Passing leagues, passing days are suppose to be about getting reps in the passing game. While being competitive, they can be done without such behavior. I bet Sequatchie, McMinn County, and Boyd Buc were all happy that they went to the passing league at Maryville College. 32 teams of all skill levels managed to get some work in, had a little fun and enjoyed some fellowship among competitors.

Some of the best teams in the state, Maryville, Greenville, and Alcoa were there. The whole event was a positive experience for all participants

I would think that the TSSAA would need to take some action. Such an incident is a black-eye on the Signal Mountain's program. Seems to me that SM is already condoning the behavior. Want to change the impression? Step up now and suspend the players and parents involved regardless of what the other schools do. Set the example for the future. Make a statement on what your football is really about. Take this opportunity to establish some honor and integrity that great programs have besides winning.

Yes, and that is the real shame. Soddy has some extremely talented players. The players were well conditioned and had good skills. Soddy should do well this year.

Yall have a good enough team that yall should be able to compete without all the cheating and cheap shots, though. You can't drop 8 in coverage or rush the quarterback in 7on 7. And, you shouldn't waylay a guy when a single touch will do. Incidental collisions occur in 7 on 7, but if you were there, you know what I'm talking about. I don't know why the coaches allowed this to happen through the whole contest, but the fight was inevitable as things continued to escalate. That yahoo coach you had in the secondary instigated a lot of this with his whooping, taunting, and chest bumping every time your guys hit somebody. I wish foozballman would post any video he has for all to see.

As for the fight, I had front row center seats. I was less than ten feet from where it started. Signal caught a TD two yards deep in the endzone. The trailing DB or LB, who had been beaten, threw a forearm to the back of the head a good two steps after the catch, when the receiver had already stopped running. Guess you can say the Signal player should have had the composure not to retaliate, but it's hard to tolerate that kind of crap.

It was quite the brawl. Worse than the South Pitt / Central fight last year. I'm too old to get involved and too weak to intervene:roflolk: , so I just backed up and watched it all unfold. I'm not condoning or passing judgement, just telling what I saw. In the melee of what must have been 40 people, I did see a non-coach adult (don't know the man) on top of a pile, kidney punching a Soddy player. As they came up from the pile, there were actually two Soddy players on top of a Signal player, and the Soddy player was choking the Signal player and had his hands up in the guy's facemask. Just telling what I saw from where I was.

I know both teams want to get in pads and go at it, but I don't know if that is such a good idea in a jamboree that means nothing. If both sides could keep it fair, it would be some good football, but I don't see that happening. I suspect several players from each team will be sitting out the first game of the season if we faceoff in the jamboree.

JMHO, which also means nothing. :thumb:

Yer Fledgelings better get some tough hide pretty quick or the fans are gonna get treated to this wonderfull display of sportsmanship in a lot of games this season. Coach better prepare those kids for a lot of jawing and trash-talking in 4A since he went on the record about why SM skipped 3A. Lots of teams gonna be gunning for them for disrespecting 4A and they should expect to hear a lot of "chicken jokes". Oh man, I'd hate to see ya'll come up against a thug team like Trezevant...