Signal Mtn t the most CLASSLESS team in TN!

foozballman

If what that one poster said is true the Bill Price needs to stop it. One poster said Price allows parents to stand on the sidelines. Is that true? Parents don't need to be on the sidelines.

It's 7-on-7 people, the majority of all 7-on-7's are played on practice fields, ya gonna ban parents from standing around a practice field watching? Scuffles are not a uniquely Sig Mtn problem as the media and some posters would lead you to believe. People love to hate on Sig Mtn folks, don't know why, I'm a very nice person...I was standing right there on the sidelines and not once did I feel the urge to throw a punch... :flower:

Sad commentary on high school football. If any of the schools involved had any class and were concerned about the teaching kids how to behave, they would take immediate and strict disciplanary action. The governing bodies are already monitoring 7 on 7's. Passing leagues, passing days are suppose to be about getting reps in the passing game. While being competitive, they can be done without such behavior. I bet Sequatchie, McMinn County, and Boyd Buc were all happy that they went to the passing league at Maryville College. 32 teams of all skill levels managed to get some work in, had a little fun and enjoyed some fellowship among competitors.

Some of the best teams in the state, Maryville, Greenville, and Alcoa were there. The whole event was a positive experience for all participants

I would think that the TSSAA would need to take some action. Such an incident is a black-eye on the Signal Mountain's program. Seems to me that SM is already condoning the behavior. Want to change the impression? Step up now and suspend the players and parents involved regardless of what the other schools do. Set the example for the future. Make a statement on what your football is really about. Take this opportunity to establish some honor and integrity that great programs have besides winning.

Ditto, Great post.

Not on the field, around the field watching a 7-on-7, just like all the other parents from the other teams at the practice fields

Thank you birdie for not throwing a punch. But the event in question did happen on the main field where fences are up and no one should be on the track unless coaching or playing. I watched a couple of other games in which no one from any team on the visitor side was on the track, the practice fields withstanding.

Thank you birdie for not throwing a punch. But the event in question did happen on the main field where fences are up and no one should be on the track unless coaching or playing. I watched a couple of other games in which no one from any team on the visitor side was on the track, the practice fields withstanding.

Based upon this incident and the injury to a spectator on one of the practice fields, I suspect the T$$AA will enact venue regulations for informal contests that match their regs for games. Probably a good idea, looking back on these two incidents. Unfortunately, strict requirements for scrimmages and these types of competitions will increase the costs for schools to scrimmage and will restrict large 7 on 7's to venues like the Maryville College event.

At the risk of irritating some of my friends, I agree entirely that no one should be inside the fence during any competitions, except participants and official personel. I hope Signal Mountain or the T$$AA will institute such a policy to cover scrimmages and these types of events. It could have been enforced on the main field, where we were playing, but I don't know how it could have been enforced on the two practice fields, where there are no stands or fences.

This would have been a bad enough brawl, even without the adult involvement, but that involvement makes the incident that much more unseemly. Honestly, Coach Price isn't worried about offending any parents or boosters. I hope he will take this opportunity to limit access to the field during any competitions. I suspect he don't like having them there either.:mrgreen:

I don't know why these two teams hate each other so much, but it seems to get worse every time we take the field against each other. I believe the players truly despise, disrespect, and actually dislike each other. Both teams are looking for a fight when they take the field, and the spectators have come to expect that it is going to happen. Lots of blame to go around. In full pads, with appropriate officiating, and in an appropriate venue, this could be a good game between two very talented and spirited opponents. I wouldn't mind seeing Signal and Soddy play in the regular season. I've kind of changed my mind on the jamboree thing. I believe there will be enough eyes watching this event (School administration,T$$AA, referees, and media) to avoid a brawl. It could be good practice for both teams in learning to control their testosterone and emotions. Any displays of unsportsmanship will be clearly visible and should be dealt with appropriately.

I will say that I won't be driving the TrollMobile, with it's Signal Mountain regalia to the Soddy Jamboree. Can't afford a new paint job.:roflolk:

Watching the players on the field, I agree that they don't seem to like each other. But I don't know Troll, watching the players shake hands afterwards on the field, I saw quite a few smiles and even a few hugs...they seemed fine.

I really liked seeing the camaraderie with the South Pittsburg bunch, looks like SM and SP kids have earned a lot of respect for each other :thumb:

How many scrimmage incidents is this for SM now?

Didn't it happen last year with SM and either Baylor or McCallie? Makes you wonder if the gap between playing aggressive with class and playing aggressive without class is being blurred. Seems to be a pattern here.

Ill cheer for whoever is playing signal... forever

Smoke, you and I will be in the stands together on this one. Hope the Signal folks leave that behavior on the mountain when they travel to Benton latter this year. Just makes no sense at all for adults to behave that way. I will bet that none of the adults or kids involved will suffer an consequence of any severity. That goes for either side. We will see if the administators of the schools really have the nads to enforce some punishment for the behavior.

Smoke, you and I will be in the stands together on this one. Hope the Signal folks leave that behavior on the mountain when they travel to Benton latter this year. Just makes no sense at all for adults to behave that way. I will bet that none of the adults or kids involved will suffer an consequence of any severity. That goes for either side. We will see if the administators of the schools really have the nads to enforce some punishment for the behavior.

Watch the video and listen to what they say before you pass judgement, and listen to the whole thing. I think you will see and hear it isn't what the SD faithful have said it was. Funny thing is they got a sports writer that was on their sideline to see it their way and I'm sure our coach made him mad by not commenting and blowing him off. Heck even the little kid on the video saw things a little different, they clearly saw their guy throwing punches at ours. Also SD got in fights with Central and their coaches got in a scuffle with Cleveland's coaches and had to be separated. SM didn't get in fights with any other team including South Pitt. But SD is innocent and SM is guilty right? I find it humorous how people see things.

• Upvote 1