Does anyone really care about D-2 lower division?

jett

As a CPA fan (who has no say in what classification we play in), I really miss those days when all the small schools were together. Every game was extremely well attended and had a great atmosphere. It wasn't just the Private School aspect, win or lose I used to love going to places like Collinwood, Trousdale, Mount Pleasant Camden etc who are public schools but get incredible Community Support.

Sadly we now play teams which are about three times our size but rarely bring more than a handful of fans. Apart from Lipsomb and Goodpasture, we usually see far more players and band members than fans.

The initial poster misses the point completely. If I only wanted to see top quality games, why would I bother with High School football at all. Friday Nights are about the kids, the school and the community. The TSSAA have done a real poor job in maintaining that in my opinion by diluting everything.

Look guys....This was "JETT"s 9th post of his life. Probably the 1st topic he ever started. He got really nervous thinking about what subject to start. He rationalized that slamming DII-A football was a well thought out and informative topic.

Guess he was wrong. I suggest we ignore his topic and do not respond to this immature post.

Hey Jett - go turn your xbox on and get back to what you do best!

This division is important and there are some good teams that compete and some could beat DII-AA teams. All of the teams usually have one, two or three players-sometimes more- that could start on teams at the higher level. Depth is always a drawback due to the size of the student body but that does not mean that the games are not good or that the kids are not learning very important life lessons. Sorry shakinthefat, I should have followed your advice and ignored the topic but it was so pathetic that I felt compelled to respond.

As a CPA fan (who has no say in what classification we play in), I really miss those days when all the small schools were together. Every game was extremely well attended and had a great atmosphere. It wasn't just the Private School aspect, win or lose I used to love going to places like Collinwood, Trousdale, Mount Pleasant Camden etc who are public schools but get incredible Community Support.

Sadly we now play teams which are about three times our size but rarely bring more than a handful of fans. Apart from Lipsomb and Goodpasture, we usually see far more players and band members than fans.

The initial poster misses the point completely. If I only wanted to see top quality games, why would I bother with High School football at all. Friday Nights are about the kids, the school and the community. The TSSAA have done a real poor job in maintaining that in my opinion by diluting everything.

There is a lot about D2 that I dont understand but its all right and they understand and seem to agree. As a point, Webb seems to compete and go from A to AA back to A at will. it is sure all right since D2 competes in a world to itself and is responsibe for paying its bills. Public schools of like size is good competition and if some years privates have some good athletes maybe they can play up. Schedules now are generally multiyear by contract and schools have reasons for scheduling such as District championships etc and only schedule D2 as fillins. Everyone knows that and its certainly not because making anything playing a school because of the gate. There are some great exceptions and those are private schools playing in DI. It appears most of those schoools bring their fans with them for the most part. While its not my concern because I think all of this sepeeration is nutty, the vote is always to leave the separation along and I guess it is wise.

While its not my concern because I think all of this sepeeration is nutty, the vote is always to leave the separation along and I guess it is wise.

I'm with you on the separation issue. The TSSAA functioned quite nicely with 3 classifications for a lot of years, and lots of good public/private school rivalries. The separation exists because BA won back to back 5A titles. They probably could have won the OVC (hyperbole, don't take it literally) with Kurston Biggers, and they had one of the greatest coaches in the game, Carlton Flatt. If you subscribe to the quaint notion that high school football is somehow supposed to supplement one's education, you have to wonder what message this sends to the kids in DI? You can't compete with these boys, so we'll protect you from them? In my day, there were some giants coaching in the Nashville public schools, and they lived to play the private schools. They actively sought competition over cheap wins. I have to think their kids learned a lot from it. And I suspect if you left it up to the kids, they'd want to play all comers as well. Fortunately for our nation, the TSSAA are doing their best to readicate such traits.

Wow. Don't worry, he won't make anymore posts like this for a while. Middle school starts soon so he won't be able to get on until Christmas break lol.

Sadly, via school libraries and "Smartphones for Stupid People," they find time to post. The Ensworth-MBA topic was an embarrassment to anybody connected with either school who had successfully completed puberty.

Sadly, via school libraries and "Smartphones for Stupid People," they find time to post. The Ensworth-MBA topic was an embarrassment to anybody connected with either school who had successfully completed puberty.

Hey Wood, recently went to McEwen Tn for the Irish Picnic, you know what I was eating. Hope all is well. :)

You guys are all sapps, Trojan Fan called this post. This was a joke to rile a friend, which it did, but ultimately caught the attention of the rest of you who have nothing better to do all day than post on Coach T garbage. Thanks for the enjoyment. Now go get jobs.