Best HS Running Backs the last 10 years?

OH MAN!!! Adonis Johnson, i was gonna say him, but this thread was about players from the past ten years. Adonis if i am not mistaken was originally from my hometown of Oak Ridge..I remember somebody telling me that. I watched him run against OR in more than one playoff game....Dang that kid was tough to contain!

Yes sir. He was from Oak Ridge. If you guys have got another one of him hanging around we would be glad to take him.

I agree with Mathers, Coker, Valentine, and Miller. Someone noone has mentioned is Jake Nunley for Coffee County. rushed for over 1000 as a sophomore at Bradley Central. Went to Coffee County and rushed for over 2000 in both his Junior and Senior years. He was a Mr. Football finalist in 05. Production wise he was one of the best in the past 10 years. I dont think he will get much love cuz of the region he played in but I still think he deserves a shout out.

Edited by Manchester-04
  • Upvote 1

Adonis had some great games in his career. He had to take a back seat to Jessie Mcmillan his soph.year(even though he should have started).Jessie was a good back with probably the best field vision i've ever seen but i bet if you ask him, he would say Adonis should have been the starter. Adonis touched the ball one time in the first half against Oakland in the semi-finals his soph. year and took it to the house. I heard he told coach Clark at halftime to just get him the ball because he ran track against some of there players and they could'nt catch him. It was said Clark told him to sit his butt down and shut up that this was his team and he made the calls. Like i said, this is what was told from a player who was in the locker room. Anyway, about Spencer. He rushed for several yards against us but i believe we got the wins and that's what counted. Roll Tribe!!!!!!!

Then you must have been asleep for half of the games. I didn't get his rushing stats for those games but Spencer was 3-3 during his career against DB. 3 Years he spent with Cory Booker in the backfill and in 2004 and 2005 they put DB out in the playoffs, with Spencer being the lone back in 2005.

Ooltewah has had some good backs the since the 2000 season. Blake Foster was unstoppable in 2002 when he doubled as both the QB and RB that year and was the region 2-5A Player of the Year. Dwayne Caldwell in 2004 and 05 was just as tough, and Brian Marshall followed him in 2006-07. Both of these guys signed but I don't believe they made it through but were really good high school tailbacks.

Then you must have been asleep for half of the games. I didn't get his rushing stats for those games but Spencer was 3-3 during his career against DB. 3 Years he spent with Cory Booker in the backfill and in 2004 and 2005 they put DB out in the playoffs, with Spencer being the lone back in 2005.

Yeah, shut down was the wrong word. I knew it as soon as i hit the button. But my memories of him were holding my breath hoping he did'nt brake the line of scrimmage. Most of the time our defense hit him at the line or on the end around and held him to smaller yardage. He was a good back, no disrespect. He had a great career.I just remember how great our back Adonis Johnson was. Of all the places we've played over the years, Oak Ridge has been my favorite. I wish we could still make the trip at least once a year. We had some great battles.

Yeah, shut down was the wrong word. I knew it as soon as i hit the button. But my memories of him were holding my breath hoping he did'nt brake the line of scrimmage. Most of the time our defense hit him at the line or on the end around and held him to smaller yardage. He was a good back, no disrespect. He had a great career.I just remember how great our back Adonis Johnson was. Of all the places we've played over the years, Oak Ridge has been my favorite. I wish we could still make the trip at least once a year. We had some great battles.

I will give Adonis was great. I didn't get to see the playoff game at Oak Ridge his senior year, but listened to it coming from the airport, but from what I gather he couldn't be stopped.