Best HS Running Backs the last 10 years?

oldhick76....Eye wood allsew thank that Ryan Tallent could be menshuned inn 2005....He was purty fast, strong, a good receever.....and showed hiz stuff when he took that one 80 yards agin Mellrose and out plaid Graig Cooper (Miami signee) at tha Burro.....

Stars... wasn't that the year Tallent showed his skills by catching the pass to win in the triple overtime game against Jackson-Garrison and his Central Bobcats?

Where is Tallent now?

Stars... wasn't that the year Tallent showed his skills by catching the pass to win in the triple overtime game against Jackson-Garrison and his Central Bobcats?

Where is Tallent now?

oldhick...Eye thank yore thankin' abowt Chris McCord inn 2003 playin' so good agin' Centrull.....Even tho Ryan did two....Eye beeleeve Ryan is coachin' runnin' baiks at Delta Stait last eye heered..... :thumb:

oldhick...Eye thank yore thankin' abowt Chris McCord inn 2003 playin' so good agin' Centrull.....Even tho Ryan did two....Eye beeleeve Ryan is coachin' runnin' baiks at Delta Stait last eye heered..... :thumb:

Your Right as usual Stars... that game was a good one -- so many good backs at Maryville it's one steady blurrr...! And my memory ain't too good neither--can't remember my own children's names sometimes.

How is Jacob West and young Prevo looking? Felt like Jacob carried a little less last year to open some holes for Shawn. Two impressive young men who I hope will make their mark in Rebel football history.

hahahaha agreed!

Spencer was a great back but i did'nt get to see a big game from him because my Indians had a strong defense against him and shut him down. He did hit the holes hard. Since we are talking about those years, doe's anyone remember Adonis Johnson from DB. He was the alltime rushing leader until Chris Sensabaugh broke it last year. Man he was special. One of the greatest i've ever seen and he's spoiled me for all the runningbacks that followed until Sensabaugh. As far as from other teams i've watched, The Smyrna runningback for the lat three years was the best until Itavious Mathes came along. Man i sure hope we get him in Knoxville.

I'll put out some of the best out of West TN....

Adrian Donald - Humboldt

Boo Weathers - Huntingdon

Josh Nicks - Union City

Jobronski Gilbert - Milan

Markei Guy - Westview

JC Griggs - Westview

Josh Boyd - Camden

This is just some of the few I could think of that were very good HS running backs out of West TN, particularly out of the past 5-6 years.

Edited by GCPioneer

Spencer was a great back but i did'nt get to see a big game from him because my Indians had a strong defense against him and shut him down. He did hit the holes hard. Since we are talking about those years, doe's anyone remember Adonis Johnson from DB. He was the alltime rushing leader until Chris Sensabaugh broke it last year. Man he was special. One of the greatest i've ever seen and he's spoiled me for all the runningbacks that followed until Sensabaugh. As far as from other teams i've watched, The Smyrna runningback for the lat three years was the best until Itavious Mathes came along. Man i sure hope we get him in Knoxville.

I don't know dbfan, I don't remember us really shutting him down. Maybe held our own, but I wouldn't say we shut him down. I think he was made out of steel. As for Adonis, we never did get to see his full potental. He didn't start until his Jr. year and it was rare to ever see him in the game in the forth quarter. Usually only got 10-15 carries a game. I've never seen another player at DB that was as exciting. He could bring the crowd to their feet every time he touched the ball. I hadn't been to a DB game in about 3 years and a friend of mine told me I had to come see this new running back named Adonis. It was his soph. year and my friend told me they wouldn't put him in until the end of the games. Told me everytime he touched the ball he would take it all the way. So I wen't to the next home game and sat there waiting til about three minutes to go. Sure enough in comes Adonis, takes a pitch out from the QB, and takes it 70 yrds. for a TD.

I don't know dbfan, I don't remember us really shutting him down. Maybe held our own, but I wouldn't say we shut him down. I think he was made out of steel. As for Adonis, we never did get to see his full potental. He didn't start until his Jr. year and it was rare to ever see him in the game in the forth quarter. Usually only got 10-15 carries a game. I've never seen another player at DB that was as exciting. He could bring the crowd to their feet every time he touched the ball. I hadn't been to a DB game in about 3 years and a friend of mine told me I had to come see this new running back named Adonis. It was his soph. year and my friend told me they wouldn't put him in until the end of the games. Told me everytime he touched the ball he would take it all the way. So I wen't to the next home game and sat there waiting til about three minutes to go. Sure enough in comes Adonis, takes a pitch out from the QB, and takes it 70 yrds. for a TD.

Adonis had some great games in his career. He had to take a back seat to Jessie Mcmillan his soph.year(even though he should have started).Jessie was a good back with probably the best field vision i've ever seen but i bet if you ask him, he would say Adonis should have been the starter. Adonis touched the ball one time in the first half against Oakland in the semi-finals his soph. year and took it to the house. I heard he told coach Clark at halftime to just get him the ball because he ran track against some of there players and they could'nt catch him. It was said Clark told him to sit his butt down and shut up that this was his team and he made the calls. Like i said, this is what was told from a player who was in the locker room. Anyway, about Spencer. He rushed for several yards against us but i believe we got the wins and that's what counted. Roll Tribe!!!!!!!

OH MAN!!! Adonis Johnson, i was gonna say him, but this thread was about players from the past ten years. Adonis if i am not mistaken was originally from my hometown of Oak Ridge..I remember somebody telling me that. I watched him run against OR in more than one playoff game....Dang that kid was tough to contain!