Farragut @ Oak Ridge

tnchad1980

49 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?!

• Oak Ridge
    • Farragut

Oak Ridge will beat Farragut like a rented Mule .... amazes me how arrogant some Farragut fans can come across when they've never accomplished anything in Football . Only the Ooltewah fans can top them in that category .... lol ..... :roflol:

I'm sure I've ruined my opportunities for Christmas cards from those areas now , lol

LOL, i have thought the same thing pepvol, but they love to boast. A lot of them do. I hope your right about us beating them, i think it is time. I dont think our guys are gonna let Farragut beat us for a 6th time in a row at home, i just dont think there gonna lose this one. Farragut has 5 in a row on us, something very new for them in this series. To be honest they were fortunate to win last year. We were on the 1 going in for the score with about 2 seconds left and got a holding penalty that backed us up to the 12 and we had to throw the ball. They were fortunate last year.

LOL, i have thought the same thing pepvol, but they love to boast. A lot of them do. I hope your right about us beating them, i think it is time. I dont think our guys are gonna let Farragut beat us for a 6th time in a row at home, i just dont think there gonna lose this one. Farragut has 5 in a row on us, something very new for them in this series. To be honest they were fortunate to win last year. We were on the 1 going in for the score with about 2 seconds left and got a holding penalty that backed us up to the 12 and we had to throw the ball. They were fortunate last year.

Oak Ridge improved a lot more than Farragut did during the season . Blade is like a young Rankin in my mind , instills discipline , hard work , high expectations and a defensive genius ... I hope all Oak ridge fans realize how lucky they are now . I see a great future in the Maryville / Oak Ridge rivalry . Will only make us both better ... just like Maryville / Alcoa has .

You are right Stars, i stand corrected. They should never have lost to Maryville that game though.

SS.....Farrah-Gut got out 24-7.....Butt tha Rebs dommynated tha secuund haif....Eye loved GQ's call wif Mairvul leedun' 28-24....4th and 2 on tha 3 yd line about 5 minutes left.....Trots tha feeled gole kickur out.......Then calls time out and deesided two go fer tha knock out punch....Calls runs a throw baik two tha QB (Juhlin) on tha 3 yd line.....He wuz so lonesome, eye wuz jist afraid he'd drop hit, butt he walked in.....35-24 Mairvul......35-32 final.... :thumb:

Oak Ridge improved a lot more than Farragut did during the season . Blade is like a young Rankin in my mind , instills discipline , hard work , high expectations and a defensive genius ... I hope all Oak ridge fans realize how lucky they are now . I see a great future in the Maryville / Oak Ridge rivalry . Will only make us both better ... just like Maryville / Alcoa has .

I really agree with the Blade comment. Blade does not put up with zero crap. He is all about discipline. If you play for him you better be willing to be committede to the cause, cause if you arent your gonna be riding the pine. You can tell by the way our teams pla, and i am sure you noticed when we played yall last year. Even though you beat us both games we were out there hitting yall very hard, and i am sure the Maryville kids respected us after that game(s). I am so happy we are playing Maryville, i wished we would have always played Maryville, even when yall were in the lower classification, cause OR and Maryville along with Alcoa are 3 of the best East Tennessee has EVER had to offer. Can put DB in there as well. I am not talking about upper East Tn though, more the knoxville area. I dont know if Blade will ever have the talent that Rankin has had at Alcoa, but i guarantee our kids will always fight hard and work like heck in the offseason to be as good as we can be. Thanks for the nice comments, it makes me proud as a OR fan that fans of teams especially Maryville are recognizing how good of a coach Blade is.

Edited by SweetScience

SS.....Farrah-Gut got out 24-7.....Butt tha Rebs dommynated tha secuund haif....Eye loved GQ's call wif Mairvul leedun' 28-24....4th and 2 on tha 3 yd line about 5 minutes left.....Trots tha feeled gole kickur out.......Then calls time out and deesided two go fer tha knock out punch....Calls runs a throw baik two tha QB (Juhlin) on tha 3 yd line.....He wuz so lonesome, eye wuz jist afraid he'd drop hit, butt he walked in.....35-24 Mairvul......35-32 final.... :thumb:

I remember that play vividly Stars. Whats funny is i told my buddy right when they called that timeout i knew GQ was gonna pull something out of his hat hahah. Ol GQ, you can never rest on anything when that guy is the coach. I have seen him run MANY of trick plays over the years, one that comes to mind is against Melrose that one year. cant remember the year. Gotta love GQ. Quality quality coach AND man. Blade is in the same mold, a good Christian man who just wants his kids to succeed. Winning is just an added bonus.

I would put Courtney in the same group with Blade....

I wouldnt. Blade has won a state championship and stopped Maryville's 74 game winning streak while at Hillsboro. Took OR to the semifinals in his 2nd year. What has Courtney done compared to that? Taken Farragut to the semis twice in 30 years? Not very comaprable in my book. If Courtney wins a state title? Then come talk to me Space3

I wouldnt. Blade has won a state championship and stopped Maryville's 74 game winning streak while at Hillsboro. Took OR to the semifinals in his 2nd year. What has Courtney done compared to that? Taken Farragut to the semis twice in 30 years? Not very comaprable in my book. If Courtney wins a state title? Then come talk to me Space3

Dont get me wrong, Eddie Courtney is a great man and thats what matters most, but he is NOT as good a coach as Scott Blade is, trust me.

Oak Ridge improved a lot more than Farragut did during the season .According to Coach T.'s stats , Farragut played THE toughest 6A schedule in the state last year. This could account for their record tailing off at the end. I think they have a tremendous advantage over Oak Ridge in opening up at home versus Kingsport Dobyns-Bennett in week 0. I am going with several buddies to "scout" that game. Oak Ridge will thus be catching Farragut playing in their second game to our first one.

What some pre-season polls say.....an unbiased opinion of how the some local team look:

MASSEY:

Maryville - 3

Alcoa - 7

Farragut - 16

Bearden - 19

West - 25

Catholic - 26

Powell - 39

Oak Ridge -42

ANOTHER POLL:

Maryville - 1

Alcoa - 7

West - 17

Farragut - 21

Powell - 22

Oak Ridge - 24

Bearden - 27

Catholic - 50

Thats true, Blade is a great coach Oak Ridge has a bright future. Shouldnt have compared them togather...lol