Webb - Mairvul

STARSNBARS

Lot of ya'll talkin about Maryville having a depth advantage. Well that's true since they prolly have 2 times more players then Webb does. Last I heard Webb will dress around 40. What you have to remember is that Webb always has low numbers so they spend a lot of time on conditioning because they know they will be playing a bunch both ways and all 4 quarters.

I really don't think the depth will make a big difference since Webb will no doubt shorten the game by trying to run clock with their running game. I'm pullin for my Spartans but the difference could be that they only return 2 starters on both lines and I think Maryville will try and take advantage of their inexperience.

Webb has speed and talent at all of the skill positions but Maryville should have a big advantage in the trenches. I'm counting on my Spartans to capitalize on turnovers and surprise Maryville.

My Spartans by 4... 28-24.

Webb will dress a little over 50 players this year. Maryville will have a huge advantage upfront esp. with thoes 2 div 1 recruits...but webb has been able to hold up with bigger lines in the past as mentioned before with the big powell lines (03-06), when webb won 4 years in a row, and recently with the catholic lines being pretty big (kerbyson ect.). What Webb had on thoes two teams that they wont necessarly have with maryville is the better skill players. With powell and catholic (esp. last year) Webb just had better skill players than them. But as we know prevo and the robinette are talented.

This kind of reminds me of 1999 when webb played Central. Webb had a good team that year and played central who was the 4-a state runner-up in 99. Webb was up 14-13 at halftime but central took control in the 4th and won 31-14.

On paper I see the game being like that one with Maryville taking over in the 4th. But as a webb fan one can hope that the qb and the new maryville wr's are not in sync this early in the season and webb's experiened LBs and DB's (all returning starters) can help slow down maryville and allow webbs dangerous running backs turn this into a heck of a game.

Hope its a good game to watch and itlll be exciting to see how good the webb team really is as they really step up the schedule this year opening with 2 of the top teams in the state with Maryville and Ensworth.

As far as a deeper team Maryville does have more players,but as far as quality dept im not sure because William Blount took the ball right down the field on the Rebels backups. This Webb team REALLY thinks they have a legit shot at this game, so MHS better not take it light.I know Caleb and Aaron both have been looking forward to this game since last year when they found out they would be getting a shot at the REbels.

Maryville is too good this year i believe so i got MHS 35 WEBB 24.

Eye hope we can keep this gaim clost.....On a bettur noat.......Sense we couldn't git Pistull Creik Catch Ov Tha Day....Sum ov momma's kinfolk frum Battull Branch, aka Sprang Streat Ruckus, haz agreed two play at our tailgait...Howevur eye gist hope thay don't thank momma and our little Hinds 57 (Chuckie) iz gonna give up a pie pan and a food bowl without a fite... :thumb:

Edited by STARSNBARS