Greeneville at Mo West

One loss doesn’t mean that Greeneville isn’t a good team. So far, they have scrimmaged Maryville and DB. They have played 6A Science Hill and a very impressive 5A Morristown West. They also have one 6A team and Alcoa left to play before they get to the conference. There aren’t too many 4A teams who are going to look great against those caliber teams. This will only make Greeneville better. This Greeneville team is more like the team from 2 years ago, which isn’t necessarily a bad thing (that team finished Runner Up, but had a chance to win). They will have to work harder than last year, but they still have enough talent to get there. The first thing they have to do is get healthy.

well said my man....sorry i wasnt at the game tonight, ive had a crap week..daughter was in the hospital for 3 days, i have a freakin abcess in one of the few teeth i have left...LMAO....and now tonight...WOW....still cant wait for Franklin county, then we get a breather against South Greene before the epic ALCOA game we've all waited for. We def. need to get healthy before that one, or it could be an ugly night. I think everyone in Greeneville knows it's gona take our very best just to stay in that one...GO BIG GREENE...hope to see you down in " JOHNNY AND PHIL " country in 2 weeks....( did i forget about jack?..lol)

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One loss doesn’t mean that Greeneville isn’t a good team. So far, they have scrimmaged Maryville and DB. They have played 6A Science Hill and a very impressive 5A Morristown West. They also have one 6A team and Alcoa left to play before they get to the conference. There aren’t too many 4A teams who are going to look great against those caliber teams. This will only make Greeneville better. This Greeneville team is more like the team from 2 years ago, which isn’t necessarily a bad thing (that team finished Runner Up, but had a chance to win). They will have to work harder than last year, but they still have enough talent to get there. The first thing they have to do is get healthy.

I agree that Gville is a good team, probably one of the best in east Tennessee actually...and if more of GHS's fans had the same attitude that you do then I can safely say that people in general, including myself, wouldn't wish poorly on the devils. I would love to see them win it again and bring Greeneville and Greene co more attention, but the cockiness and overall "I'm better than you" attitude that a lot of the fans from GHS have ruins any success they have in my eyes because it just gives them one more reason to degrade and talk down to everyone else.

Competition is great-an arrogant, cocky team and fanbase who looks down on everyone and everything not "greene devil" is not.

well said my man....sorry i wasnt at the game tonight, ive had a crap week..daughter was in the hospital for 3 days, i have a freakin abcess in one of the few teeth i have left...LMAO....and now tonight...WOW....still cant wait for Franklin county, then we get a breather against South Greene before the epic ALCOA game we've all waited for. We def. need to get healthy before that one, or it could be an ugly night. I think everyone in Greeneville knows it's gona take our very best just to stay in that one...GO BIG GREENE...hope to see you down in " JOHNNY AND PHIL " country in 2 weeks....( did i forget about jack?..lol)

Hope everything is ok BVDevil.I never hear anything up here in Kingsport.

I agree that Gville is a good team, probably one of the best in east Tennessee actually...and if more of GHS's fans had the same attitude that you do then I can safely say that people in general, including myself, wouldn't wish poorly on the devils. I would love to see them win it again and bring Greeneville and Greene co more attention, but the cockiness and overall "I'm better than you" attitude that a lot of the fans from GHS have ruins any success they have in my eyes because it just gives them one more reason to degrade and talk down to everyone else.

Competition is great-an arrogant, cocky team and fanbase who looks down on everyone and everything not "greene devil" is not.

Fair enough. We all (including me) like to brag on our teams from time to time. But I agree with you, I’m not a fan of arrogance. The Greeneville fans I sat around tonight certainly weren’t very cocky going into this game. They all thought that we’d have to play well to win, and have a little luck on our side. If you are a true Greeneville fan, then you never expect to have an easy game with Mo West (they tend to have our number, because they are a bigger school and a good program).

I’m assuming you are a fan of a Greene County school. If so, then I think your perspective may be a bit skewed regarding Greeneville fans. GHS fans tend to be a bit arrogant towards the county schools, but the county schools often speak out of jealousy towards Greeneville. Both kind of bring out the worst in each other, so it is a bad situation honestly. But, I think it is to be expected within a given county.

Fair enough. We all (including me) like to brag on our teams from time to time. But I agree with you, I’m not a fan of arrogance. The Greeneville fans I sat around tonight certainly weren’t very cocky going into this game. They all thought that we’d have to play well to win, and have a little luck on our side. If you are a true Greeneville fan, then you never expect to have an easy game with Mo West (they tend to have our number, because they are a bigger school and a good program).

I’m assuming you are a fan of a Greene County school. If so, then I think your perspective may be a bit skewed regarding Greeneville fans. GHS fans tend to be a bit arrogant towards the county schools, but the county schools often speak out of jealousy towards Greeneville. Both kind of bring out the worst in each other, so it is a bad situation honestly. But, I think it is to be expected within a given county.

I am a fan of greeneville/Greene co athletics. Generally, I like to see everyone do well, not just one particular school.

I agree 100% that county and city bring out the worst in each other & it has been that way for a long time, but seems to be getting worse. Each side have things they could do to improve that fact and bring back a good competitive rivalry instead of having contempt for each other.

First off...BVDEVIL, I hope whatever is wrong with your daughter gets resolved in a very positive manner for you. Secondly, I am glad to see a Greeneville fan say, "a very impressive 5A Morristown West". I am saying that because all we read is how Morristown West "was not that good", "they were overrated", and "the fulton team they beat was not good". Most(not all), Greeneville fans are very arrogant and disrespectful toward what other programs have done for years. After all we Blount County people heard about how much better Greeneville was than Alcoa and Maryville for the past 8 months, I guess its time to put up or shut up. So far, Greeneville is 0-1 against Maryville in a scrimmage and is 1-1 on the year in games that count...with a loss to an opponent that "most" Greeneville fans said would be a definate win for them. I gave your team props at the end of last year and said they were a top 10 team regardless of class, but not anywhere near the level of Maryville and Alcoa. Good luck in a few weeks and I guess we will see what happens...atleast we are playing on your field!

What happen Greeneville? In a nutshell, did you just have a bad game or was M-West that good? Or maybe a little of both?

Maybe a little of both. Greeneville couldn’t do anything against Mo West’s defense, and made a few key mistakes that cost them some points. West had a few big plays that hurt as well. But, West missed 4 FG attempts so Greeneville dodged a few bullets on those drives.

Honestly, I could be wrong but I think Morristown West will be one of the top teams in the area. They are very impressive. I had a bad feeling when I watched them in warm-ups, they are an impressive looking football team.

Maybe a little of both. Greeneville couldn’t do anything against Mo West’s defense, and made a few key mistakes that cost them some points. West had a few big plays that hurt as well. But, West missed 4 FG attempts so Greeneville dodged a few bullets on those drives.

Honestly, I could be wrong but I think Morristown West will be one of the top teams in the area. They are very impressive. I had a bad feeling when I watched them in warm-ups, they are an impressive looking football team.

Go Trojans! My mom and all her brothers and sisters are Trojan Alumni :) Good job Trojans!

Hope everything is ok BVDevil.I never hear anything up here in Kingsport.

its better now for the little one...a bit of a scare at first, but in the end, all is better and future is bright. just have to take some precautionary measures with her and she'll be just fine. hope all is well in Ktown.