Greeneville at Mo West

The reality is the way Greeneville's offense played they would have lost to alot of teams in the state I said all week long if greene didn't throw the ball down field some they would not beat west not take anything away from west but the only thing I really seen that impressed me with them was their physical play but that's just typical west they are alot like the teams they had about ten years ago. It was very painful to watch the offensive play calling and the lack of blocking from the stands. The d played their heart out but when your on the field the whole game its tough. Greene has to start establishing a passing game if they want to get better and get their athletes in open space. I think they have some talent and have plenty time to get things going offensively and will have a great season. As far as the backlash that greene fans are receiving well we prob deserve most of it with comments and the well beat everyone by 40 attitude I have seen on here. Fact is we have a good team but the offense is a work in progress but still a top 4a team and there is nothing wrong with that cause that's were we are supposed to be. I do disagree with deion24's statement however I do believe last years team was on the level of alcoa and maryville they had some very special athletes on offense their missing badly right now til they get it tuned in but they could have played with anyone in the state maybe not beat but certainly played right with. And one last thing that was one of the worse called games I have ever seen the officials were terrible and im not saying that's why greene lost at all but they really made some bad calls both ways they made the fourth quarter ten minutes longer by not knowing what was going on or were to place the ball or how much time was supposed to be on the clock. Congrats to west and go devils

I agree with most everything you wrote.I just don't know if any two teams put together from NET last year could have beat Alcoa or Maryville one in five trys.DB and Greeneville were very close in ability I thought.The team DB played into overtime {Bearden} just got slaughtered by Maryville.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First, Mo West has a very good team. They were simply more physical than Greeneville tonight. Both teams have great defenses and kickers with strong legs, so there were a ton of FG attempts.

A couple big mistakes really hurt Greeneville offensively. The interception in the end zone and the block in the back on a running play that would have given Greeneville the ball around the 5 really cost them tonight. Regardless, the Greeneville offense was no existent tonight. They have a lot of work to do on offense. But, that is why you play a tough non conference schedule to let you know.

The good news for Greeneville is, I honestly don’t think they will play any 4A teams that are at the level of this Morristown West team. They are going to win a lot of games in 5A in my opinion. Greeneville now has an off week to get healthy and get the offense going.

Great game Morristown West, you were the better team tonight.

Maybe a little of both. Greeneville couldn’t do anything against Mo West’s defense, and made a few key mistakes that cost them some points. West had a few big plays that hurt as well. But, West missed 4 FG attempts so Greeneville dodged a few bullets on those drives.

Honestly, I could be wrong but I think Morristown West will be one of the top teams in the area. They are very impressive. I had a bad feeling when I watched them in warm-ups, they are an impressive looking football team.

Don't forget the 4 turnovers West had too.

I've been following the coachT threads for a couple of years now, just never got around to posting anything.

Last night both teams played with a lot of heart and gave it their all. What more could anyone ask for? Morristown West is a wonderful team. It had been a while since I've been able to make it to a game, but last night I made the trip. I am definitely a Greeneville fan, but lets face it, MoWest was just flat out better last night. It has been a long time since I've seen a team give GHS a run for their money and MoWest did just that. It was a great game, and I was on the edge of my seat the entire time. Congradulations Morristown West! You definitely deserved the win last night. You all played extremely well and in the end, you came out ahead. Greeneville- You all played very well, also. Even with the loss, I am still super proud of you all. We all know you can't stay on top forever and I think after last night, more people are realizing that. Greeneville has some things to work on, and by their next game I'm sure they'll be ready. Once again, good job Morristown West.

Wow !! Now there is someone with some class. Glad to see that still exists. There are a lot that could learn something from this lady. Well done.

The reality is the way Greeneville's offense played they would have lost to alot of teams in the state I said all week long if greene didn't throw the ball down field some they would not beat west not take anything away from west but the only thing I really seen that impressed me with them was their physical play but that's just typical west they are alot like the teams they had about ten years ago. It was very painful to watch the offensive play calling and the lack of blocking from the stands. The d played their heart out but when your on the field the whole game its tough. Greene has to start establishing a passing game if they want to get better and get their athletes in open space. I think they have some talent and have plenty time to get things going offensively and will have a great season. As far as the backlash that greene fans are receiving well we prob deserve most of it with comments and the well beat everyone by 40 attitude I have seen on here. Fact is we have a good team but the offense is a work in progress but still a top 4a team and there is nothing wrong with that cause that's were we are supposed to be. I do disagree with deion24's statement however I do believe last years team was on the level of alcoa and maryville they had some very special athletes on offense their missing badly right now til they get it tuned in but they could have played with anyone in the state maybe not beat but certainly played right with. And one last thing that was one of the worse called games I have ever seen the officials were terrible and im not saying that's why greene lost at all but they really made some bad calls both ways they made the fourth quarter ten minutes longer by not knowing what was going on or were to place the ball or how much time was supposed to be on the clock. Congrats to west and go devils

What Greeneville team have you been watching? They are a RUN offense. They have beaten everyone's brains out the past years by RUNNING the football. Devils threw the ball more against West more than any other team in 2 years and it still didn't work. West's defense made Greeneville do something they haven't done in a while which is play their starters for 4 quarters. Devils are a good football team. They just played against a better one.

Bo Wallace...man that kid was special. He signed with Arkansas State but seems like I read he transferred to a JuCo in Mississippi...I missed your video this week dear. Tough to keep track of my boys from over here in SC.

sorry bout that barb. My plan was to video every GHS game this year except for Grainger. ( i'll be in Tuscaloosa that weekend) but last week was a hellacious week for me physically, mentally and daughterly..lol...i plan to be with the boys in Franklin County if Coach B has room on the bus. Im looking forward to seeing how much progress the boys make in these next 2 weeks. Another big challenge lies ahead for our kids...GO BIG GREENE>

Go Trojans! My mom and all her brothers and sisters are Trojan Alumni :) Good job Trojans!

According to the Bladerunner school of logic, you are required to be a Mo-West fan and are not allowed to be an OR fan unless your dad played there. I don't know what the ruling will be on where your mother and uncles went to school.

According to the Bladerunner school of logic, you are required to be a Mo-West fan and are not allowed to be an OR fan unless your dad played there. I don't know what the ruling will be on where your mother and uncles went to school.

Rebel if you cause the Bladerunner to start trolling on the Mo-West threads the Trojan faithful may put a bounty on your head.