MBA vs. Trinity

Custer

Well, EHS is not playing them, and they are fortunate. Out of curiosity, while Ensworth may certainly be the team to beat in DII, what makes anyone think they are a 40 pt better team than either BA or MBA, their chief rivals, who have played Trinity? Those who are itching to see how EHS would fare against Trinity may be giving EHS way too much credit. Trinity is a special team with no apparent weaknesses. I would let the season play out a little bit before anointing EHS king (and they very well be).

KWoodroof, you are my very favorite poster on Coach T, and I respect your points. I too, would like to see EHS play someone like Trinity (they have yet to play any out of state competition to my knowledge). Perhaps I took the request of several wanting to see that matchup as if EHS is so dominant that they could perhaps challenge Trinity while BA and MBA could not. The competetive juices may have interfered with logic.

It just seems that everyone wants to concede the season to EHS after their MUS and Knox Webb victories. A friend said that he didn't understand why BA would schedule the Trinity game knowing that they would be breaking in several new players. I commented that if you aspire to be a great program, you never turn a game like that down. I think that's the way it should be done, and props to MBA and BA for continuing the tradition of taking on all comers. Both teams will be better for it.

I'm like you, I don't like EHS. I feel like Mr Frist is the Jerry Jones of Div II football, and he has given a blank check to build a powerhouse program just to stick it to his alma mater for not conceeding to his grand plan of merging MBA and Harpeth Hall. BA and MBA have tradition, and both schools were built from nothing into outstanding schools through sacrifice, time, and hard work. Ensworth, short circuited that with an open checkbook, and to me it just taints the success they've had, even though they have won on the playing field.

So, in summary, my comments had more to do with a distaste for EHS and the love affair many have with them. Actually, I would LOVE to see them play Trinity too...it would be worth the price of admission--I would pay good money to see EHS get their #### whipped!

Edited by doct

KWoodroof, you are my very favorite poster on Coach T, and I respect your points. I too, would like to see EHS play someone like Trinity (they have yet to play any out of state competition to my knowledge). Perhaps I took the request of several wanting to see that matchup as if EHS is so dominant that they could perhaps challenge Trinity while BA and MBA could not. The competetive juices may have interfered with logic.

It just seems that everyone wants to concede the season to EHS after their MUS and Knox Webb victories. A friend said that he didn't understand why BA would schedule the Trinity game knowing that they would be breaking in several new players. I commented that if you aspire to be a great program, you never turn a game like that down. I think that's the way it should be done, and props to MBA and BA for continuing the tradition of taking on all comers. Both teams will be better for it.

I'm like you, I don't like EHS. I feel like Mr Frist is the Jerry Jones of Div II football, and he has given a blank check to build a powerhouse program just to stick it to his alma mater for not conceeding to his grand plan of merging MBA and Harpeth Hall. BA and MBA have tradition, and both schools were built from nothing into outstanding schools through sacrifice, time, and hard work. Ensworth, short circuited that with an open checkbook, and to me it just taints the success they've had, even though they have won on the playing field.

So, in summary, my comments had more to do with a distaste for EHS and the love affair many have with them. Actually, I would LOVE to see them play Trinity too...it would be worth the price of admission--I would pay good money to see EHS get their #### whipped!

Unlike y'all, I am an Ensworth fan. However, like you, I agree that it makes no sense to "annoint" them as one of the favorites in D2-AA at this early stage of the season. They, like several of the other teams this year, are quite young - they have only 3 starting seniors on offense - two receivers and the fullback. As far as I can tell thus far, those three are the only senior starters on the defense as well. Clearly, BA and MBA should be very tough (and entertaining) games, but as much respect as I have for both of those programs, I would have to go with Baylor if I had to pick a favorite at this point in the season.

While the Ensworth campus would not be what it is at this point without Frist money (have you seen the beginnings of the new natatorium at the far end zone?), the boys and girls at Ensworth work every bit as hard in the classroom, on the performing arts stage, in the gym and the on the athletic fields as do their friends and rivals at BA, MBA and many other schools. Everyone that I know at Ensworth understands that an outstanding school is measured not by a beautiful campus, but by what occurs on that campus. They are all working very diligently at establishing their own version of tradition and success while respecting those around them. Of utmost importance to the Ensworth philosophy is the message that the primary benefit of competition is to bring out the best in themselves and that neither success nor failure is reflected on the scoreboard at the end of a game.

Best wishes to all for a healthy and successful season.

Unlike y'all, I am an Ensworth fan. However, like you, I agree that it makes no sense to "annoint" them as one of the favorites in D2-AA at this early stage of the season. They, like several of the other teams this year, are quite young - they have only 3 starting seniors on offense - two receivers and the fullback. As far as I can tell thus far, those three are the only senior starters on the defense as well. Clearly, BA and MBA should be very tough (and entertaining) games, but as much respect as I have for both of those programs, I would have to go with Baylor if I had to pick a favorite at this point in the season.

While the Ensworth campus would not be what it is at this point without Frist money (have you seen the beginnings of the new natatorium at the far end zone?), the boys and girls at Ensworth work every bit as hard in the classroom, on the performing arts stage, in the gym and the on the athletic fields as do their friends and rivals at BA, MBA and many other schools. Everyone that I know at Ensworth understands that an outstanding school is measured not by a beautiful campus, but by what occurs on that campus. They are all working very diligently at establishing their own version of tradition and success while respecting those around them. Of utmost importance to the Ensworth philosophy is the message that the primary benefit of competition is to bring out the best in themselves and that neither success nor failure is reflected on the scoreboard at the end of a game.

Best wishes to all for a healthy and successful season.

MBA lost their starting tb early in the game. Probably out for the season. More costly however they lost their starting fs, Blakcwell, who also plays wr. The domino effect on D was devastating. SS had to move over and assume primary responsibility for Quick, Trinity's 5* wr. But the battle was really lost up front. MBA's D-line and linebackers were nearly invisible and certainly ineffective. Not enough speed there. The vast majority of tackles were made by the secondary. Trinity never punted and seldom had a 3rd down. MBA went with 3 down lineman much of the time, a questionable scheme imo. QB ran for his life most of the night and threw several ints.

Trinity was fast and flawless. Kickoff man put it into end zone nearly every time. MBA performance was disappointing. Too many good players not to be more competitive.

Well buddy you will not see Ensworth get whipped anytime soon. And 2 years in a row they have had an out of state power cancel on them. That is why they only played 9 reg. season games last year.

I am sorry that your team is not as good as Ensworth. People like to win and E wins. They win the right way.

Shakenthefat---- Losing by 40 points does not make you a leader, brave yes.......leader no. Leaders beat the teams in their conference and win championships.

And shame on you RedRobin........picking Baylor?? They returned a lot of starters but lost 75% of their offense in Jacob Huesman. Have some faith in your Tigers.

BGA is probably the 2nd best team behind Ensworth right now. Followed by Baylor.

MBA and BA embarrassed D2AA Tennessee football the past 2 weeks. I hope they can use that humiliation as motivation but they are not in the same class as Ensworth, BGA and Baylor right now.

And shame on you RedRobin........picking Baylor?? They returned a lot of starters but lost 75% of their offense in Jacob Huesman. Have some faith in your Tigers.

I have plenty of faith in the Tigers and will be surprised if they are not the favorites to win another gold ball by the time the playoffs begin. Coming into the season, however, they had too many question marks to be considered an objective favorite, especially when considering the off-season coaching staff attrition. Great to see that the staff remains one of the best in the business - great job so far. Don't kid yourself, though, newintown, no matter how good the Tigers are, they will have their hands full with Baylor, MBA, BA, and BGA. This is the toughest division in Tennessee high school football and no one wins it easily.

Well buddy you will not see Ensworth get whipped anytime soon. And 2 years in a row they have had an out of state power cancel on them. That is why they only played 9 reg. season games last year.

I am sorry that your team is not as good as Ensworth. People like to win and E wins. They win the right way.

Shakenthefat---- Losing by 40 points does not make you a leader, brave yes.......leader no. Leaders beat the teams in their conference and win championships.

BGA is probably the 2nd best team behind Ensworth right now. Followed by Baylor.

MBA and BA embarrassed D2AA Tennessee football the past 2 weeks. I hope they can use that humiliation as motivation but they are not in the same class as Ensworth, BGA and Baylor right now.

Explain winning the right way. Are you new in town or born yesterday?

"Shakenthefat---- Losing by 40 points does not make you a leader, brave yes.......leader no. Leaders beat the teams in their conference and win championships."

newintown, at least BA and MBA still have a chance to be leaders since neither has lost a game in DII this year, thanks for the vote of confidence!

Edited by doct