Cannon Co. 0-2 @ Dekalb Co. 2-0

BigBody

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not much to talk about... I think the fans should keep their 'I hate DeKalb' shirts at home and keep their team flag on their side of the field. It's okay to encourage your team to play to their full potential and loose with dignity instead of spewing a bunch of hate and acting like you have no class.

Good luck to Cannon County this weekend. I have not been to a game to watch the lions play in 12 years so I can not begin to talk about the coaching staff. However, looking at the roster and the lack of senior leaders I am crushed. Historically CCHS has not been a great football team but I do remember there always being more than a handful of guys that would stick it out for 4 years for the chance at glory no matter what the coaching staff situation. What has happened to those kids, the ones that would sweet and bleed and give every thing they had for their school, their county, the man next to them. To me that is the sad part here.

I hope that the Young guys learn from this year and do not give up. It will be tough, but enjoy it. Enjoy every moment from the tackle in the backfield to the restless night after the game where you cramp up and cant sleep from leaving everything you had on the field. Good luck guys Stick together.

You need to understand what rivalry means = cheering your team on!!!! so let's not go there already (just because someone wears a t-shirt doesn't really mean that hate you personally)!!! the folks with the flags,jugs and airhorn(s)support Cannon County athletics !!!!!! I witness them each week going into the opponents stands and spreading goodwill in stead of what you think is an attempt to create issues between the teams. At the Watertown game they actually brought purple jugs and passed them ou"t on the watertown side of the field. I would say, that is spreading goodwill and fellowship....not showing no class" and spewing hate as you say!!! So i challenge you to not get upset because someone goes on one side of the field or the other....why don't you start a tradition of good sportsmanship and go find those flag carrying folks from Cannon County and shake their hands and say good luck tonight.

I know the flag bearers personally and you will not find a better group of guys. They in no way mean any harm and just really enjoy supporting Cannon County and other schools as well. They support Smith County when when they have the chance. Last year during the Cannon Smith game they brought the flags over and sit right in the middle of the SC section and cheered for CC, nobody got mad or upset but laughed and had fun with it. When the playoffs came around they came to Smith County with their flags but when they unrolled them they had Smith County flags on the inside and cheered for and supported SC just like it was their school. So like Patty Peepers said, I would encourage you to go introduce yourself to them and wish them luck. You wont be sorry that you did they are a great group of guys and High School Supporters!

Guest Termite

You know what (I can't believe I'm saying this) I gotta pull for CC in this one. Never did care much for DC anyway. Must be a "tiger" thing. And ole pattypeepers kinda grows on you.He's a lion thick or thin. DC should win, but ...........lord have mercy........Go Lions.

Guest Termite

Cannon will give them all they wnat and it will be a close one according to the experts.....Just one question? Does everyone dislike Dekalb? i don't know of any surrounding counties that care for them....sad but true, just can't figure out why. They have never won anything in the last few years or any other time that i'm aware of? So why is it nobody likes them...because the copied the Smith County folks and got a whistle? is it because they tried to copy Smith County with there uniform colors? Can't they do anything original???? Just amazed at the amount of teams that have nothing nice to stay.... Go figure.

I never have cared for them. Not real sure exactly why. Seemed like the whole time I was in school they only cared about baseball, and girls bb. They are a common,average, everyday "tiger". I think its a respect thing.was Gotta earn it, or give some to get some.