Smith County travels to Livingston Academy

scooter

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, the Owls head to Hog eye and I guess they had better be ready to defend the pass. I understand LA uses multi sets and slings the ball all over the field. Needless to say, a better total performance will have to occur if the Owls expect to win.

Not disagreeing with you scooter but you and I know as does a bunch of people that SC will be ready. And your right both teams will have to be at their best in order to win. LA has IMHO one of the top QB in the state in McCoin. Brock seems to be a mixture of his dad and Cates ...he can run and throw. He will definitely present a lot of problems for the Owls. He has several weapons in RB Hayes - WR Ledbetter - WR Martin and an ex-Owl Winningham. That all sounds good on paper but the Cats will have to earn it they will have their hands full with that stingy Owl defense as well. I just hope defensively LA can keep the Owls running game in check.. much like Gordonsville did. Make them beat us with the pass.

The winner will all but sew up the stop spot in the Region IMO. So this game is huge for both teams. If you like football then you will love this game..I know I am anxious to watch it. Not gonna slam nobody amd hope we all can have some fun on the T about our teams. I will say this... LA needs to prove to themselves that they can play and win a game like this especially if they are to reach their goal of another Gold Ball. Who knows this could be the Cats year !!! :rolleyes:

Guest Termite

believe we'll see a different team than what see saw against G-ville. The coaches will have them refocused and prepared. Friday night will go a long way in getting them ready for the rest of the season. I believe the longer G-ville hangs around the more confident they get and the tighter SC plays. That game has come and gone. Your right RC, This game may go a long way in deciding the disrict. I believed LA, MC, and WH would be SCs toughest challenges this season. Guess I should had G-ville on my list. LOL.

believe we'll see a different team than what see saw against G-ville. The coaches will have them refocused and prepared. Friday night will go a long way in getting them ready for the rest of the season. I believe the longer G-ville hangs around the more confident they get and the tighter SC plays. That game has come and gone. Your right RC, This game may go a long way in deciding the disrict. I believed LA, MC, and WH would be SCs toughest challenges this season. Guess I should had G-ville on my list. LOL.

Tmite, things sure are quite on this thread. Uh, we do play Friday don't we? :popcorneater:

Not much to say at this point. If the Owls get better and handle the little things better, then I expect them to be successful!!! Livingston will possess more speed than our last opponent, I'm thinking. Harder to account for their QB than our last opponent. Should be interesting to see what happens this week. GO OWLS!

Not much to say at this point. If the Owls get better and handle the little things better, then I expect them to be successful!!! Livingston will possess more speed than our last opponent, I'm thinking. Harder to account for their QB than our last opponent. Should be interesting to see what happens this week. GO OWLS!

Their QB (McCoin) bothers me a lot. He has so many football genes in him he can make the decisions quickly to cause bad problems for us. We will have to be at our best to come out on top. Hopefully we will have #88 back. I think that our defense will have to be awake at all times. Tmite, I feel like you, I think we will see a much improved effort on offense. A lot depends on this game as it is a region game and quiet possibly for the region championship.

Think game against Gordonsville gone in the Owls mind and they are directing all thought to Livingston.. Sure hope they are... Know they will be practicing all week and improving... Looking foward to the scenic drive there this Friday.. I think will be close... but I believe the Owls can pull a win out...Goooooooooo OWLS!!!

Wasn't at the SC-GHS game, but sounded like the Owls played horrible to see some people post. They won, so they played "well-enough." If they step off that bus not fired up and not ready to play Friday night, I will be shocked. So shocked that I will buy everyone in attendance and in the Upper Cumberland a popcorn. This one has all the pieces to be a phenomenal high school football game.

Wasn't at the SC-GHS game, but sounded like the Owls played horrible to see some people post. They won, so they played "well-enough." If they step off that bus not fired up and not ready to play Friday night, I will be shocked. So shocked that I will buy everyone in attendance and in the Upper Cumberland a popcorn. This one has all the pieces to be a phenomenal high school football game.

Thought there for a sec you had made a bad bet. LOL Afraid your bet is safe King my boy. Remember this is Smith Co. and HOG-EYE your talking about. How many in a row have they owned us .....oh whose counting anyway. If a player can't get up for this game then something's wrong especially if your a LA player. But those games don't matter friday night is the only thing that matters. And I hope we get to see a great game.

Had to take the weekend to digest the GHS game. Hope the boys did too. Mistakes lost it and almost cost SC. Great effort by Gville, though, they came prepared. On to LA, stick together, minimize the mistakes, prepare, and RELAX! Too much forced last week. Take what they give and give nothing up cheap. SC rebounds and puts it together.