Who woudda thunk it?

scooter

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Going in to week two, Red Boiling Springs is in FIRST place in Region 4 Class A. RBS is 2-0 and Watertown is in Second place @ 1-0. All other teams have at least one loss. When cows fly??

That awesome!!! :thumb:

My senior year our coach put up an article from there in the locker room talkin about RBS only senior on the team. It said he had played their all four years and never won a game but it wasn't so much about winnin as for the joy of the game and he hope to get his first win his senior year. Of course, they didn't win a game and our coach said we needed to take a lesson from this kid about havin heart.

That awesome!!! :thumb:

My senior year our coach put up an article from there in the locker room talkin about RBS only senior on the team. It said he had played their all four years and never won a game but it wasn't so much about winnin as for the joy of the game and he hope to get his first win his senior year. Of course, they didn't win a game and our coach said we needed to take a lesson from this kid about havin heart.

I remember that, great article too. Always have to admire kids that show up year after

year at RBS, or anywhere else, knowing their chances are slim.

Good luck to the Bulldogs this year. Like to see 'em make the playoffs.

This isn't to be taken in the wrong way. I look at the way RBS is being handled and I would have loved to have gotten to play on the team with the way the football program run. In years past it had a lot to do with coaching, but it also had a lot to do with the attitudes and work ethic of the players. When I started playing at RBS as a freshmen the players would go all week with out practicing, show up on Friday and play like they've been their all week. My junior and senior year one of our team captains did nothing football related all summer and show up in the fall, and after the season be upset as to why we couldn't do better than what we were. The last 2 summers I got to be involved in football only 3 or 4 of us would be at the field running or lifting weights, and after our season everyone on the team would wonder why we couldn't do any better. I know the boy in the article that is being talked about and like the rest did not put in the effort. In a way I did feel sorry for all of those boys that did go 0-10, but in a way I did not. It's hard to win when 3 of the 10 games you play are against TC, Gville, and FCS. Then also Clay, Jackson, Monterey, and Watertown are consistantly decent so that is 7 games where it makes it tough to pull out a win. But then again each and every year we've played winnable games like Mt Juliet Christian and Pickett County and still went 0-10. Again the kids didn't put in the work, and then wondered why can't we win? However, these kids I feel differently about, and I have felt differently the last few years. They have put in the work necessary to get better. The attitude and work ethic is there that hasn't been in the past and these kids deserve to win. When I did start out as a freshmen we went 3-7 and that was in 01. If this team went 0-10 I would still rather play for them rather than our team that went 3-7. This team has the attitude and work ethic that deserves to win, whereas the other did not. That is why I would love to see this team win more because they have earned it and I can actually say that they DESERVE it because they've worked extremely hard for it.

This isn't to be taken in the wrong way. I look at the way RBS is being handled and I would have loved to have gotten to play on the team with the way the football program run. In years past it had a lot to do with coaching, but it also had a lot to do with the attitudes and work ethic of the players. When I started playing at RBS as a freshmen the players would go all week with out practicing, show up on Friday and play like they've been their all week. My junior and senior year one of our team captains did nothing football related all summer and show up in the fall, and after the season be upset as to why we couldn't do better than what we were. The last 2 summers I got to be involved in football only 3 or 4 of us would be at the field running or lifting weights, and after our season everyone on the team would wonder why we couldn't do any better. I know the boy in the article that is being talked about and like the rest did not put in the effort. In a way I did feel sorry for all of those boys that did go 0-10, but in a way I did not. It's hard to win when 3 of the 10 games you play are against TC, Gville, and FCS. Then also Clay, Jackson, Monterey, and Watertown are consistantly decent so that is 7 games where it makes it tough to pull out a win. But then again each and every year we've played winnable games like Mt Juliet Christian and Pickett County and still went 0-10. Again the kids didn't put in the work, and then wondered why can't we win? However, these kids I feel differently about, and I have felt differently the last few years. They have put in the work necessary to get better. The attitude and work ethic is there that hasn't been in the past and these kids deserve to win. When I did start out as a freshmen we went 3-7 and that was in 01. If this team went 0-10 I would still rather play for them rather than our team that went 3-7. This team has the attitude and work ethic that deserves to win, whereas the other did not. That is why I would love to see this team win more because they have earned it and I can actually say that they DESERVE it because they've worked extremely hard for it.

Interesting revelation. Knew they had several problems in the program. Wasn't really aware of

the attitude. As they say, nothing ventured, nothing gained. Hopefully, now that they've gotten a

taste of what hard work & attitude brings, they'll continue to improve.

Good luck..

Sounds like they had a coaching issue, I know in WC if you dont make camp and all the weight lifting sessions then you dont play.

Well in larger schools you have the ability to kick people off if they didn't show up because you had more to choose from. In RBS if they didn't show up you still let them play because if you didn't let everyone who didn't do what they were suppose to play then there wasn't going to be a season because there won't be enough players to put a team together. The players new this and always took advantage of this. As in any sport attitude comes with success. If you have a good attitude then success will follow and the opposite effect with a bad attitude. RBS hasn't always been as bad as we've seemed. We've actually had some very good football players to come through RBS, but a lot of times we've lacked the attitude and that is what has really made us as bad as we've looked. Like I said I didn't want this to be taken the wrong way. There have been some kids who do work hard and go out and play hard with unsatisfacory results. However, the majority take advantage of the fact it's a small school and you have to let everyone play.

The coach defiantly has things going in the right direction. It takes time to build a program of any sort. I feel the foundation and fundamentals are being implemented correctly. It should keep getting better. As a fellow Macon countian I'm thrilled to see what's been taking place in RBS the past couple years. Stay the course, keep working hard and the wins will come. Go Dogs !!!

With the way the coach you have now has things going good things will come. Good luck this year except when you play JC of course, last years game was a fun one for sure.

I didn't get to make it out to last years game, but I was told it was a very good game. Last year RBS played a game like that with Monterey and Jackson County, so hopefully it's just a matter of time before they can get over that hump and win games like that.