2011-2012 District 4a

eaglefan2012

I will bet you the farm superdave that both North Greene and Cloudland will be playing in the state tournament this year. Do a little research before you get to trigger happy on the keyboard. North Greene has everybody back off of last years state runner up team for the exception of Maria Britten who will be heavily missed. As for Cloudland they have every starter back from last year who got beat in the regional semi-finals, but got a 6'2 D1 transfer that I hear is probably one of the top 20 players in the state of Tennessee as a Junior.At the end of the day you shall see I am right. :rolleyes:

where can i pick up my farm at

On a more serious note, I think Wartburg has their hands full with Tellico. They couldn't toss it in the ocean tonight and was very fortunate to come away with the win.

That #44 or #31 (she changed jersey numbers at the half) from Tellico is the real deal. I hate to say it, but I think my dawgs come up on the short end Wednesday, but again, it's high school girls, anything is prone to happen.

GOOD LUCK AND GO DOGS!!

I think Wartburg is a really well coached team and they have won close games. The problem I see coming up is that the post from Tellico will dominate the wartburg post players. They looked really soft tonight against us and didn't seem to want to be out there. I have seen it from 24 all year and can say confidently that big girl from Tellico has got to be really excited to play this team. They got very lucky tonight but you have got to respect a team that goes 20-4

I think Wartburg is a really well coached team and they have won close games. The problem I see coming up is that the post from Tellico will dominate the wartburg post players. They looked really soft tonight against us and didn't seem to want to be out there. I have seen it from 24 all year and can say confidently that big girl from Tellico has got to be really excited to play this team. They got very lucky tonight but you have got to respect a team that goes 20-4

They had a big off night on offense that's for sure, but when you have an off night at this point in the year and still win, that's huge!

Also, I think they're record would be even better, but I honestly think out of district games during regular season don't mean as much to JD, I'm not saying he "threw" any games, I'm just saying he knows how to get his girls ready for post season play and losing a non-district game is nothing to sweat about.

I think your right with the post from Tellico, that girl can play some ball. Other than 24, or 23, Wartburg has a big height handicap. 24 played well tonight, it just seemed to take her 3 periods to get anything going, lol

#23 played really well while she was in as well, but beyond that I think Wartburg gets beat bad in the post. A lot of it depends on which #24 shows up to play. She can play with the Tellico big if she's on.

I think Wartburg however has an advantage at the guard positions, that may be how Oneida took them to the limit. It doesn't take many 3's to keep you in a game, and I see Wartburg winning that battle.

Edited by 4aFan4U

They had a big off night on offense that's for sure, but when you have an off night at this point in the year and still win, that's huge!

Also, I think they're record would be even better, but I honestly think out of district games during regular season don't mean as much to JD, I'm not saying he "threw" any games, I'm just saying he knows how to get his girls ready for post season play and losing a non-district game is nothing to sweat about.

I think your right with the post from Tellico, that girl can play some ball. Other than 24, or 23, Wartburg has a big height handicap. 24 played well tonight, it just seemed to take her 3 periods to get anything going, lol

#23 played really well while she was in as well, but beyond that I think Wartburg gets beat bad in the post. A lot of it depends on which #24 shows up to play. She can play with the Tellico big if she's on.

I think Wartburg however has an advantage at the guard positions, that may be how Oneida took them to the limit. It doesn't take many 3's to keep you in a game, and I see Wartburg winning that battle.

Yes Wartburg guard play is key, and looked like Tellico Plains didnt have as good as skilled guards either, 21 is solid kid and 4 is really quick. Tellico plays a very physical brand of basketball, they get after u on every loose ball and nothing easy comes to their opponent. The big post they got is best post player in the region, moves better and is bigger than most single A posts! Tellico plays a physical brand of basketball, but Tellico will have trouble with Wartburgs guards

Wartburg will play close but i dont think they will win. My biggest reason for this is their post play that carried them for most of the season is now feeling the pressure. They have 2 very good freshmen but regional semifinals exposed their youth. They are getting valuable experience and could spin this into a very good future for the dogs.

Our girls shouldve beat Tellico due to the fact of their coach finally getting them ready to play. I think if she comes around and learns to coach at this level we could be very good next year. Hopefully she will quit giving up on her team and the girls will buy in to what she wants.

I will predict Tellico 42 Wartburg 32

Guards for wartburg are too turn over prone and that will be the difference.

Wartburg will play close but i dont think they will win. My biggest reason for this is their post play that carried them for most of the season is now feeling the pressure. They have 2 very good freshmen but regional semifinals exposed their youth. They are getting valuable experience and could spin this into a very good future for the dogs.

Our girls shouldve beat Tellico due to the fact of their coach finally getting them ready to play. I think if she comes around and learns to coach at this level we could be very good next year. Hopefully she will quit giving up on her team and the girls will buy in to what she wants.

I will predict Tellico 42 Wartburg 32

Guards for wartburg are too turn over prone and that will be the difference.

Oneida was not prepared by their coach before the Tellico game. She was not at practice on tuesday and the asst. coach put them thru practice, wednesday they only had shooting practice, thursday the coach cancelled practice and had a meeting with the team to let the Seniors know that they would get their butt handed to them and it would be over for them,but that she would be back next year! Asst. Coach did open gym so they could shoot later that day. I hope the best for her and the team next year, but she needs to mature a lot. As for the game, if we get out of the zone defense before we give up 27 pts and about 5 or 6 threes in the 1st qt then we would have increased our chances of winning. And this was not the first time we let teams hit 3 after 3 and refused to adjust our defense. Just my 2 cents!