Oakland v. Gallatin

MidTennFootball

Nice to hear McDaniel on the coach's show this afternoon. Sounds like this is going to be a smashmouth game won in the trenches. Both teams want to run the ball and have a wide range of guys who can tote the mail. That makes me think that one or both teams might switch it up a bit and throw some. Just to keep the other guessing some. Not 20 passes a game but a little more than what we all have seen. Somebody needs to tell Patton in the paper, that the overall record is 19-9 Gallatin.

Too bad 2priceless has missed all of this conversation this week. I will get a hotdog this week just for him!!

Well its here, GAMEDAY. Just slips on the tongue so nicely when you say Oakland-Gallatin, it is my hope that this is the first of many, many games to come with the Wave.

Gallatin boasts an impressive amount of skill players, which has allowed them to take the loss of their QB pretty much in stride. Gallatin will know what to expect having scrimmaged Riverdale, Blackman, and Smyrna. Like Oakland, they keep it pretty simple on offense and boast great depth in the backfield. They may even have a little bit more speed and skill than Oakland, but I think Oakland is going to be able impose its will up-front.

Much has been made about the fact that Oakland isnt much of a threat to stretch out the defense, but I think you will see that Oakland has the right plays and the personnel to be able to do that. Everyone knows about Andre Chesterfield, but FB Travon Willis, QB/S Emmanuel Smith, TB Fred Wade and TB/CB Trey Swader all have the ability to put 6 on a board in a hurry. Rebuilding programs or down programs dont beat teams like Arlington, which will make a deep run in the playoffs im willing to wager. All in all, I think this game will be a nip and tuck affair until Oakland scores a touchdown to put the game out of reach in the 4th quarter: Oakland 23, Gallatin 13.

BTW, GWAVE, send me a pm, and when you get to the stadium, ill have a Oakland DOG for ya :popcorneater:

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you didn't like that game, then you don't like football!! What a battle between 2 really good programs. Strong defenses and big plays....WOW!!! I heard several say that was the best game they have seen. Great atmosphere Oakland and very nice facilities. (hotdogs weren't bad either) Lots of respect given by the Patriots tonight. Loved how the announcer right before the game gave a shout out to some of the former Green Wave players and coaches. Very classy!!

Gallatin jumps out to a surprising 21-0 lead only to see Oakland come back and take a 29-28 lead with 3 mins remaining. Gallatin then marches down field and kicks a 37 yard fg with 0.9 sec left on the clock. What a game!! Big props to the defense for holding Oakland out of the endzone twice in the red zone. Tre Haynes was a huge force on the line along with Armstrong who had several big hits. Defense was definitely tested tonight. Clay Carnes....what more can you say about a backup QB. Very impressed with his poise and leadership ability. He played one heck of a game! Can't wait to see his yardage total. The other guys catching and running and blocking...great job against a stellar Patriot team. Finally...Tyler Way....great job with that fieldgoal and kicks tonight.

Oakland, I think y'all are better than Blackman and Smyrna whom I saw in the scrimmages. Riverdale still may be better. But without a doubt, that is a good Patriot team. Nice to have that rivalry back.