Oakland v. Gallatin

MidTennFootball

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Want to offer up congratulations to Gallatin on a game well played. They had every answer for Oakland's defense, and when they needed a big play, they got it. You guys have some big-time gamers. Hopefully this is a series this is a fixture on the schedule because of a game like this.

All the credit in the world to Gallatin for coming out firing, but Oakland really made it harder on themselves to win this game, from a defensive perspective. The secondary made a habit of just watching the game instead of being a part of it and we had some penalties that were just downright stupid! Much better effort in the 2nd half, but when your down in the redzone, you have to make those oppurtunites count, twice we turned it over on downs in goal situations. Some might bring up the breaks Gallatin may have gotten late, but Oakland did this to themselves, and Gallatin being the good team that they are, took advantage of those situations.

However, our kids showed alot of heart in coming back from a deficit of that size and for awhile, had me believing that they were going to pull it off. Not a easy task when facing a team like Gallatin or the offense that we run. Time to rebound and get ready for Blackman...........

24 hours later, I still am excited after this win. Even though I knew Gallatin was loaded, you can never know about a tough mid season game out of district. The Green Wave played solid in the first half and had to really step up on defense to hold on with the hard charging Patriots. Oakland still had over 300 yards rushing and practically lived in Gallatin territory in the 2nd half. Carnes had 220 yards passing which is a huge number in Gallatin's run first offense. Next years game will be a tough one in Gallatin.

Good luck to Oakland the rest of the way. Glad this game is back on the schedule.

Starting QB is still out for now. On offense, you should expect whatever you saw from Smyrna over the last couple of years (only with better QB play IMO) since Mark Williams is now our OC. We have 3-5 guys that get significant touches running the ball, and we will throw anywhere between 10-20 times a game. Defense is a base 40, but we have a 345 lb NT on the DL that allows us to run some 3 DL sets. So you will anything from a 4-3 or 4-2-5 to 3-3-5 and 3-4. Normally, Gallatin is excellent on special teams but that hasn't been the case this year. Our starting QB was also our punter, averaging over 40 ypp. With him out, however, our punting hasn't been as good. Our placekicker is kicking touchbacks about 50 percent of the time. Unfortunately, his extra point percentage is around the same. All in all, Gallatin is definitely a top 3 team in 5A with Henry County and Columbia I'd say.

How bout that kicker!!!! Always remember, these young men read your posts. They are still kids playing a game.

I have seen many Wave games since I was a little guy back in the mid 70's (in fact, most of them!), and I would have to say this one ranks right up there with the best of the best, exspecially in regular season games. It had a little bit of everything! This team not only is very talented, but also appears to be very hungry and plays with a great deal of heart, guts and determination, ingredients that are all necessary for a team to contend for a state championship. Hopefully we continue rolling towards that this Friday!

Edited by GREENWAVE84EG