Oakland v. Gallatin

MidTennFootball

Crazy to think that after this coming week, Gallatin will have some experience against every single one of the big boys from 7AAA (minus Siegel, who could be legit this year after beating Blackman). Regardless of the outcome of this game, it is going to make BOTH teams better going into the next few weeks. Another thing I've been wondering about is practice this week. No doubt it is going to rain, and Gallatin could be practicing inside since we have the indoor field. Does Oakland have a similar facility, or will the Pats be hoofing it in the rain? I know that point may be a bit nit-picky, but any time you have to adjust your normal flow of practice it could create some problems.

Yes they do and it is a state of the art facility.

Looks like Chesterfield is averaging over 100 yards a game and is getting 20 carries per game. Willis the fullback is also getting some and has a nice average. They definitely do not throw much but I bet Lyons is capable. Also had a long punt return for a touchdown last week by a speed guy named Swader.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gallatin has gone back to the I formation (thankfully cause everyone has wanted this for sometime) as a base offense but they are running multiple sets. The ball is spread around and who knows who will get the carries Friday night. Gallatin has a young guy at the qb position due to the injury to the starter. He has performed above expectations and can throw the ball really well. On defense, it is speed and depth everywhere. Since Gallatin had those suspensions, the younger guys have really stepped it up. I think the Wave is very deep at several positions. We have decent size at some postions, small at others and really good size at a few others. I would list the players to watch but it would be a large list. I know it sounds very unbelievable but a different guy steps up with a big play every week. With everybody back minus the QB, every game is going to make them better. That is why this matchup is intriguing. Oakland is a top program and will test the Wave for 4 quarters. Gallatin's scrimmage schedule plus internal adversity has really made this team grow. I don't know if Gallatin can win but it will be a good measuring stick. I think Oakland will come right at Gallatin between the tackles and that is the type of team we need to face at this point.

You guys have done your research. And yes it looks like having the indoor facility will come in handy this week. Looking forward to a hard hitting game on Friday night. Nowwww..tell us Pat fans a little about the WAVE.

Starting QB is still out for now. On offense, you should expect whatever you saw from Smyrna over the last couple of years (only with better QB play IMO) since Mark Williams is now our OC. We have 3-5 guys that get significant touches running the ball, and we will throw anywhere between 10-20 times a game. Defense is a base 40, but we have a 345 lb NT on the DL that allows us to run some 3 DL sets. So you will anything from a 4-3 or 4-2-5 to 3-3-5 and 3-4. Normally, Gallatin is excellent on special teams but that hasn't been the case this year. Our starting QB was also our punter, averaging over 40 ypp. With him out, however, our punting hasn't been as good. Our placekicker is kicking touchbacks about 50 percent of the time. Unfortunately, his extra point percentage is around the same. All in all, Gallatin is definitely a top 3 team in 5A with Henry County and Columbia I'd say.

Oakland runs a 4-4 on Defense and will always be a well coached defenisve football team under Defensive Coordinator Kris White. Having seen both teams this season, Oakland will win this by 2 scores. Mark it down.

If you saw any game besides last weeks, then you haven't seen the Green Wave. And if you saw last weeks game versus Lebanon and still think that then explain why you think it will not be closer. I very seriously doubt Gallatin gets beat by 2 tds....MARK IT DOWN.

If you saw any game besides last weeks, then you haven't seen the Green Wave. And if you saw last weeks game versus Lebanon and still think that then explain why you think it will not be closer. I very seriously doubt Gallatin gets beat by 2 tds....MARK IT DOWN.

When you figure out the difference between a 4-4 defense and a 5-2 or 4-3 then I'll respond. K Thanks. Just wait until Friday Night

When you figure out the difference between a 4-4 defense and a 5-2 or 4-3 then I'll respond. K Thanks. Just wait until Friday Night

GWAVE1 simply stated, "I couldn't remember if they ran a 4-3 or a 5-2 defense", not that he didn't know the difference. Thanks for sharing that Oakland runs a 4-4 defense. Any "Mark It Down" remarks will be done Friday night.

GO WAVE!!!

Well, that pretty much says Oakland ran either of the two which they do not.

Just some classic ribbing going on! No harm. I like how the Greenwave sticks together. Should be a good 2 score game as any! :)

Honesty, I couldn't tell you what they are running now days. I have seen several matchups between the two but it has been a long time like back when Oakland had blue helmets. If Oakland gets pressure on the Qb and he makes mistakes then I agree it could be a 2 td score win by the Patriots. I forget the kid has little experience and his past performances are not necessarily the norm. It just looked the other night that the Green Wave with everyone back would be hard pressed to allow a 2 td loss. But Oakland and Lebanon are two completely different teams.