Oak Ridge @ Powell

SweetScience

Yeah, we were very diversive that 2nd half, NOT lol. Poor Rian, he never had much of a chance, cant blame him. I wonder if he will be our QB next year stillnum1?

No, more than likely it will be Jaylen Henderson.Jaylen is the real deal and would be out there playing this year(somewhere,not QB) if he didnt miss all summer.Also Elliot is a great QB and i would say him if not for being such a great linebacker and our number one man on d.Rian is to good of a RB to not play there.He will really be a stud by years end.He switched spots with Moore and had to learn the slot the last couple off weeks and just hasnt spent any time learning the QB spot since early summer.Also i just heard brads out for the next 1 to 2 weeks but not for sure yet why.Thats all i was texted.Brad had 40 plus on the ground and 104 yds passing b4 he got hurt.There is no doubt he would have been the diff in the second half.I look foward to watchin the cats learn and get better.Just imagine what Blade could do with a Rb like Mobley.The best is yet to come as long as Blade stays in the ridge

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, more than likely it will be Jaylen Henderson.Jaylen is the real deal and would be out there playing this year(somewhere,not QB) if he didnt miss all summer.Also Elliot is a great QB and i would say him if not for being such a great linebacker and our number one man on d.Rian is to good of a RB to not play there.He will really be a stud by years end.He switched spots with Moore and had to learn the slot the last couple off weeks and just hasnt spent any time learning the QB spot since early summer.Also i just heard brads out for the next 1 to 2 weeks but not for sure yet why.Thats all i was texted.Brad had 40 plus on the ground and 104 yds passing b4 he got hurt.There is no doubt he would have been the diff in the second half.I look foward to watchin the cats learn and get better.Just imagine what Blade could do with a Rb like Mobley.The best is yet to come as long as Blade stays in the ridge

That means Bradley is out for Maryville game...OUCH Is jaylen still hanging tough on staying on the team? i look for big things from him.

Congratulations Powell on a hard fought victory. You guys overcame adversity and got the job done. I know you played alot of your back ups in the offensive line and they were just as effective as the starters. That is the sign of a tough veteran team. Good luck the rest of the way. I hope you guys get a shot at a state championship.

Now for the Cats. The kids played their hearts out and I'm proud of their effort. I think there were a handful of critical plays that cost us a chance of winning the game. Obviously, first and goal from the five and we come up empty, that was huge. Missing the field goal was big. The fumble in the second half on the long run from scrimmage was big. If we don't fumble there, we take the momentum right back and are in position to finish the game, even if they score again we would have had the lead and the ball.

But the bottom line is this. If you give up 300 yards rushing. You are going to lose, period. We've given up 700 plus yards rushing against Farragut and Powell. We will not beat a good team until we can learn how to stop the run.

Powell was fortunate to win this game. Zullinger had a solid first half, not so much with his feet, but with his arm. It was unfortunate to see him go down just before the half. That completely turned OR into a one-dimensional team. Hopefully, he's going to be ok. Rian Hall did a nice job filling in for Zullinger, and he was really elusive (would have had over 100 yards rushing, if not for 2-3 sacks). He really made the Panthers look foolish on some of those scrambles. Matt Moore had one big 30 yard run in the first half, and then completely disappeared (had only 10 yards beyond that).

Give OR's defense credit, they completely shutdown the Powell spread offense (with the exception of Mobley's first TD). They didn't get much pressure up the middle, but they did a great job filling the gaps, getting outside to slow down the Panther running attack, and shedding blockers. It wasn't until the Panthers switched to a goal line package that everything changed. That formation completely baffled OR. The Wildcats packed 11 in the box, but it looked like Powell did a great job of blocking in that formation.

McPhetridge looked a little "sore" last night (only had 4 carries for 13 yards, missed a number of wide open receivers), hopefully he'll be 100% against AC next week. Still, OR did a great job of keeping him contained. And of course, what can you say about Mobley? 20 carries for 260 yards (3 TD runs and a 2 pt conversion run), plus a couple of TFLs (key sack on OR's final drive). Hopefully the Panthers learned a few things last night that will prepare them for the remainder of the season. This is a good team, but they will have to get more polished if they want to make any kind of playoff run.

As crazy as this may sound to some, I thought OR played really solid defense for much of the game, with the exception of the two long runs. That must have been half of Powell's rushing yards. And that just indicates what an outstanding back Mobley is. Wow! Bottled up much of the game, frustrated at times, and yet he gets over 250 yards. I would say quick as a hiccup but Packer and the gang wore that cliche' out long ago. Losing Zullinger was a tough break for OR, made them a tad one dimensional. Great effort by both teams, fun game to watch.

As crazy as this may sound to some, I thought OR played really solid defense for much of the game, with the exception of the two long runs. That must have been half of Powell's rushing yards. And that just indicates what an outstanding back Mobley is. Wow! Bottled up much of the game, frustrated at times, and yet he gets over 250 yards. I would say quick as a hiccup but Packer and the gang wore that cliche' out long ago. Losing Zullinger was a tough break for OR, made them a tad one dimensional. Great effort by both teams, fun game to watch.

I hope that number 15 is ok. If anyone gets an update please post it.

Powell deserved to win last night. Based on the play of our back up QB, I take back everything that sounded negative about our starting QB.

Now on to the Powell Coach.. There has to be a better way to draw attention to yourself- than to wear a visor upside down and backwards.

He looks like a tea pot. Also, he is short and stout for those of you who know the song.

My observations are as follows:

1)Zulliger is tough, and it hurt when he left

2)Powell is not nearly as good as I anticipated

3)No matter what happens to ANY player on offense, until we can defend the run, we are in deep trouble

4)If Powell had just lined up and run right at us as they should have (their coach must not be too smart), we would have given up over 400 yards rushing, maybe more

5)Our expectations are way down and it's sickening (one poster congratulated us for "showing up"). Is that what it's come to?

6)We played hard and there was no quit

7)We have to find a way to get all of the best athletes in the school to play football and we can never again lose athletes to Clinton, AE, etc., as we have in recent years

8)Zulliger needs to get well soon

There are more but I will stop there.

My observations are as follows:

1)Zulliger is tough, and it hurt when he left

2)Powell is not nearly as good as I anticipated

3)No matter what happens to ANY player on offense, until we can defend the run, we are in deep trouble

4)If Powell had just lined up and run right at us as they should have (their coach must not be too smart), we would have given up over 400 yards rushing, maybe more

5)Our expectations are way down and it's sickening (one poster congratulated us for "showing up"). Is that what it's come to?

6)We played hard and there was no quit

7)We have to find a way to get all of the best athletes in the school to play football and we can never again lose athletes to Clinton, AE, etc., as we have in recent years

8)Zulliger needs to get well soon

There are more but I will stop there.

I can't say that I disagree. Who are the players in the halls that should be playing? Can they qualify?

Edited by bladerunner

That's what we have to learn how to fix. We did play pretty well MOST of the game on defense. But the three long runs were for over 200 yards. You just can't give up three 50 yd plus touchdowns and expect to win a game. I think if Mobley would have needed to do it again to win the game he would have. That will get you beat everytime.

Mobley is a great back. I know Kentucky was there recruiting him. Do you think Tennessee will be smart enough to actually recruit him? Do you remember that guy named Randall Cobb?

By the way, Randall most likely put his name in the NFL record book last night with a 108yd kick off return. It is very unlikely that anyone will be able to beat that. I don't see anybody kicking the ball exactly nine yards deep AND having somebody field it and run it out for a TD. I don't see that happening. I'm really happy for him, he's a great kid and deserves that type of success.

I can't say that I disagree. Who are the players in the halls that should be playing? Can they qualify?

I have no idea who they are or even if they exist, but I must assume they do. Any basketball player who doesn't play football, any track athlete who doesn't play football, any baseball player who doesn't play football-we need to find a way to get them out there. It's bound to help in the long run. I also must assume that if they are on any of those teams and qualify to play, that they qualify to play football too.