DB at Boone

trailblazersback

Great point here vision great point...... 1-2 against a Tenn High team that had supposively 2 D1 athletes... not very good statistically if i see it the right way........... Well as for how i see it, Im from Boone so how am i not suppose to pick an upset....... Im sayin Boone 27-24....... Boone gets some help from their special teams and pulls one out boys :thumb:

Having a D1 athlete on a team doesn't guarantee a win for that team. Memphis schools have plenty of D1 athletes, but that hasn't resulted in many gold balls for the west side of the state. Boy, you Boone guys sure are envious, obsessively disparaging the accomplishments of these two players/students and bragging that a Boone kid may have played well against Downs.<_< It's certainly not a service to the Boone kid, because you guys are making it to be that this kid's only accomplishment in life was that he played well against a supposively [sic] d1 athlete in one game.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having a D1 athlete on a team doesn't guarantee a win for that team. Memphis schools have plenty of D1 athletes, but that hasn't resulted in many gold balls for the west side of the state. Boy, you Boone guys sure are envious, obsessively disparaging the accomplishments of these two players/students and bragging that a Boone kid may have played well against Downs.<_< It's certainly not a service to the Boone kid, because you guys are making it to be that this kid's only accomplishment in life was that he played well against a supposively [sic] d1 athlete in one game.

Just sayin that if they were in fact that good maybe they coulda done a bit more to help their team win :mellow:

Dont get me wrong they are both great players that went to UT and im a UT fan so im happy for them, but they just werent good enough to make their team better on that night..... but thats in the past, ready for tonight :ugeek:

Just sayin that if they were in fact that good maybe they coulda done a bit more to help their team win :mellow:

Dont get me wrong they are both great players that went to UT and im a UT fan so im happy for them, but they just werent good enough to make their team better on that night..... but thats in the past, ready for tonight :ugeek:

It's hard for two to beat eleven, unless they happen to be d1 runningbacks or quarterbacks, then it's a little easier. I'd say Boone was better at most positions last year, wouldn't you agree?

I might get fried if a couple of Greeneville fans see this so Batman don't go spreading it around, but in my opinion DB was a little better last year. Could be wrong, but that's my opinion. I think G-ville had the best overall play maker, but the next 3 or 4 best players would probably belong to the Tribe. Now on occasion one player can make a big difference, like Devrin Young in the playoff game last year...wouldn't have been close without him in my opinion. Downs or Crowder didn't have that level of play making ability, a lot of centers or tight ends don't. And even in Downs' case, he had to depend on the playing quality of the qb as well. Difficult to make things happen when you have to leap in the air every time to catch the ball. He didn't have to do that in '09 because Harmon usually hit receivers in the numbers.

Good luck to Boone tonight.

It's hard for two to beat eleven, unless they happen to be d1 runningbacks or quarterbacks, then it's a little easier. I'd say Boone was better at most positions last year, wouldn't you agree?

I might get fried if a couple of Greeneville fans see this so Batman don't go spreading it around, but in my opinion DB was a little better last year. Could be wrong, but that's my opinion. I think G-ville had the best overall play maker, but the next 3 or 4 best players would probably belong to the Tribe. Now on occasion one player can make a big difference, like Devrin Young in the playoff game last year...wouldn't have been close without him in my opinion. Downs or Crowder didn't have that level of play making ability, a lot of centers or tight ends don't. And even in Downs' case, he had to depend on the playing quality of the qb as well. Difficult to make things happen when you have to leap in the air every time to catch the ball. He didn't have to do that in '09 because Harmon usually hit receivers in the numbers.

Good luck to Boone tonight.

This is just a good post in my opinion.You know I'm a Greeneville fan as well.However,there is a big difference in most 4A playoff schools and 6A playoff schools.Greeneville was good enough to beat DB last year but I think the Tribe would have won 6 or 7 out of 10.That takes nothing away from the great year Greeneville had and DB was a Devrin Young play or two away from getting to host Maryville.You can be a great team and still not get out of east TN come playoff time.A couple of early losses like McMinn co. however,I can't have an excuse for the Tribe.In 2009,I think TH would have beat Boone 7 out of 10 as well.

Congratulations to the DB football team and their fans for the win. Hopefully your players will rest up and be ready for the last half of the season. With everybody healthy it should allow you to finish 10-0 and take it to them in the playoffs. I know you all do not like talking about the playoffs right now and everyone jump on here and say one and done, but the DB team should be thinking about it determined that their goal is to win every game and win state. Win it all!

Wow!, This has to be a first. Not a single comment from a DB fan after a game. Maybe everybody is still trying to figure out what went down. Weird game really. Cook goes out in the first quarter with a concussion, we have a terrible second quarter, our offensive and defensive lines get pushed around, score is only 14-6 at halftime. DB comes out in the third quarter and takes over. Forman, who wasn't even supposed to play because of a ankle injury took over at QB and after a slow start scored 3 td's and passed for another. He's every bit as good as Cook in my opinion. The O&D lines took over the rest of the game, D line put alot of pressure on the Boone QB. We had 5 fumbles and lost 3 and Boone had wide open receivers running around all night long. But we still won easily which brings up this question. Is the big 8 really this weak? You lose your starting QB in the first quarter, fumble 5 times, can't cover their receivers at all, and you still roll up 450 yrds. of offense and win 42-12. And that score could of been 56-6. What in the H-E DOUBLE L is going on here?

The first half ended up being everything I worry about.The second half at a Boone away game has become a tradition for me now...No,not the outcome of the game.I got sick and had to leave for the second straight year before the end of the game.Had to hear the end on the radio.Penalties and turnovers will get us beat at the wrong time.Think goodness that turned around in the second half of this one.There is no way DB can turn the ball over and overcome the yellow laundry against a great team.These things can be fixed.We have to get heathly as well.

Wow!, This has to be a first. Not a single comment from a DB fan after a game. Maybe everybody is still trying to figure out what went down. Weird game really. Cook goes out in the first quarter with a concussion, we have a terrible second quarter, our offensive and defensive lines get pushed around, score is only 14-6 at halftime. DB comes out in the third quarter and takes over. Forman, who wasn't even supposed to play because of a ankle injury took over at QB and after a slow start scored 3 td's and passed for another. He's every bit as good as Cook in my opinion. The O&D lines took over the rest of the game, D line put alot of pressure on the Boone QB. We had 5 fumbles and lost 3 and Boone had wide open receivers running around all night long. But we still won easily which brings up this question. Is the big 8 really this weak? You lose your starting QB in the first quarter, fumble 5 times, can't cover their receivers at all, and you still roll up 450 yrds. of offense and win 42-12. And that score could of been 56-6. What in the H-E DOUBLE L is going on here?

Malik better thumb[1].gif

Kingsport football better thumb[1].gif

Nobody close to D-B

Kingsport county schools pretty good for little guys. North beats Betsy @Etown by 21 who beat Boone by 28 earlier

South beats Tn. High with 2 backup QBs

Boone looks like they were in a good position, but they let DB do their DB thing. Still, a lot of positives (shush you I see the scoreboard) and we'll see if Boone can win out the rest of the season...going to be hard but very doable.

WOW what a strange game! This definately proves to me we need a healthy Malik in the game. I didn't make it to the game but the radio announcers said Malik basically limped into the endzone on his first TD. Good job to the linemen for stepping it up in the second half. I would say they got an earful at half time. I guess a win is a win so let's get healthy and get ready for the next one.

ROLL TRIBE