OC at GC Who ya Got?

Reelfoot72

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't go to the game last night, but I heard OC decided to play some bush league football. Seven onside kicks in the first half....how classless....and who cares if the subs played all of the second half for OC. I hope you guys lose every game the rest of the year!

Me and you have known each other for awhile now...We agree on most things but you are missing the boat on this one...

What is the one thing a coach worries about when they play a team that has ZERO TO LOSE ??...They worry about said team having good things happening to them early...What does that coach want in a game that they are CLEARLY the better team ??...Stay away from injuries, get your lead and put the subs in...

With the early onsides kicks, OC put their foot on the Pioneers throat and put them out early...The subs played the entire second half and they had no injuries...

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED...

What would you have Jackson do ???....Play close to the vest, vanilla if you will and possibly let GC feel good about themselves, allow OC to start feeling the pressure and then commit a costly turnover that could result in a big upset win??...If OC had opened the second half and continued this particular gameplan, I'd be in your corner...

My question is how in God's name are you successful on that many onsides kicks in a row ??..

I think it was a ballsy thing to do on Jackson's part because this can backfire on you real quick...

My son also pointed out something that only an alumni of that football program can understand...He said that OC has been getting beat down and the score run up on them for close to 50 years...Now, it's their turn..I doubt you will get any sympathy from a diehard Rebel fan...

Edited by Purple & Gold Standard

You call it what you want... the only people that will agree with you are OC fans. It's bushleague whether you admit it or not. Milan beat us in convincing fashion and they were clearly the better team. However, the classy coach that Morris is, he WORKED on things against us instead of kicking onside kick after onside kick after onside kick. Your coach kicked onside kick after onside kick after onside kick and then through a deep ball every time knowing he was going to score. On top of that, he went for 2 every time. Even the Milan people I was around last night thought it was pretty tacky on OC's behalf.

You call it what you want... the only people that will agree with you are OC fans. It's bushleague whether you admit it or not. Milan beat us in convincing fashion and they were clearly the better team. However, the classy coach that Morris is, he WORKED on things against us instead of kicking onside kick after onside kick after onside kick. Your coach kicked onside kick after onside kick after onside kick and then through a deep ball every time knowing he was going to score. On top of that, he went for 2 every time. Even the Milan people I was around last night thought it was pretty tacky on OC's behalf.

The regular kicker for OC wasn't kicking last night due to being a bit knicked up and the the kicker they used to replace him has trouble kicking on kick-offs. So, they worked on their on-side kicks. They also went for 2 everytime to work on their 2 pt conversion game as it had not been very successful early in the year. OC did WORK on areas that OC needed to work on (which you made seem to be just fine), not that Milan needed to work on. I wouldn't call OC's coach classless as he could have easily made that game around the 100 pt scoring mark, if he so chose to do so.

You and I have a different understanding of class....

Not having class is calling for onsides kicks in the second half and going for two...It was 48 points at half...Easy to assume it could have been a 96-0 or more score had the "classless" OC coach decided to not run the score up...

The first half of football games are all business...It doesn't matter if you put up 60 points in the first half...Don't run it up in the second half and it's pretty obvious that OC didn't do that...

I guess it would have suited some coachT members more had OC allowed GC to put up 21 meaningless points against them (after being down 41-0) like last year to make the score look more respectable (41-21)...

I didn't go to the game last night, but I heard OC decided to play some bush league football. Seven onside kicks in the first half....how classless....and who cares if the subs played all of the second half for OC. I hope you guys lose every game the rest of the year!

Don't blame OC for your team being unprepared. It's not the first time they have attempted an onside this year. You should have preparerd for it. You should have taken advantage of the good field position, too, but you didn't. OC came after you w/ their foot on the gas and then coasted in the second half. Milan beat you by 48, too. Are you serious? I guess they put a "nice" 48 on you. Doesn't matter how you score and when you score. Bottom line is Coach Jackson wanted it over early, and it was. Allowed the starters to rest and the subs to play. It's called a clue, and based upon your 4 million posts, you NEVER have one.

Everyone of us who post on here knew Obion was going to win the game. In doing so...going for 2 and on side kicks aren't the way to get respect from any school. How about having a back up kicker training session and kick off kicker training. The game was 24 - 0 in the 1st quarter and out of reach then for Gibson County. Payday and 50 year paybacks may be great for some, but the week you miss a paycheck could be costly. Not a very classy move on Jackson's part. He doesn't care, he plans to move on next year anyway. Just my opinion. I hope the Rebels go all the way but do it with a bit of class please !!

Edited by UCGRAD

Everyone of us who post on here knew Obion was going to win the game. In doing so...going for 2 and on side kicks aren't the way to get respect from any school. How about having a back up kicker training session and kick off kicker training. The game was 24 - 0 in the 1st quarter and out of reach then for Gibson County. Payday and 50 year paybacks may be great for some, but the week you miss a paycheck could be costly. Not a very classy move on Jackson's part. He doesn't care, he plans to move on next year anyway. Just my opinion. I hope the Rebels go all the way but do it with a bit of class please !!

They did on Thursday actually and it didn't go too well, leading to the on-side kicks on Friday. Once again, a post that is posted without knowing the facts.

They did on Thursday actually and it didn't go too well, leading to the on-side kicks on Friday. Once again, a post that is posted without knowing the facts.

LOL, ya'lls kicker was LeDevin Fair!!!! I watched him kick the ball at Westview and he had no trouble booting the ball to Westview's 15-20 yard line. I guess ya'll were worried about him spraining his ankle on a kick off, huh? lol...Enjoy it now OC fans. After this year, Phipps, Fair and Parr all graduate. There goes 99% of your offense. Maybe you guys will feel Gibson's pain next year.

Edited by GCPioneer

LOL, ya'lls kicker was LeDevin Fair!!!! I watched him kick the ball at Westview and he had no trouble booting the ball to Westview's 15-20 yard line. I guess ya'll were worried about him spraining his ankle on a kick off, huh? lol...Enjoy it now OC fans. After this year, Phipps, Fair and Parr all graduate. There goes 99% of your offense. Maybe you guys will feel Gibson's pain next year.

I am very aware who the kicker is and his right ankle (the leg he kicks with) got dinged up against Crockett last week. So yes, the coaches were a little concerned about him hurting his ankle. Also, if you were there, you would have seen for yourself how little he was used in the game. He was also out on kick and punt returns. Know what you are talking about before posting as it may help you from looking like an idiot in the future. BTW OC has much more than Phipps, Parr, and Fair. I can remember McGrew and Cary killing GC last year when Fair wasn't in the game due to injury and Parr was still playing for DC.

Oh, and one thing your bitter GC friends may have forgot to mention was that LaDevin was also not kicking that night. FWIW

Edited by Maxoutlh

So, since when is a 24 point 1st quarter lead time to consider the game out of reach for any team? Not a very classy move to go for 2 point conversions or onside kicks? Get real. And no, you don't hope the Rebels go all the way. That's obvious from all your little "read between the lines" posts. The Rebels have been a whipping dog for years. Now that they are winning, people like you talk crap about how classless they are. You want to see classless, look at your own posts.