The new 3A AP poll

swingjuice

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So that explains why Sullivan North is not ranked! So explain why Happy Valley was ranked last week!

I dont keep up with other teams, nor do I care too...but beating #1 Alcoa is bigger then beating CocaCola, North Carolina. Besides as Ive said many other times. This isnt college football or the BCS. Polls dont mean crap in high school football.

So that explains why Sullivan North is not ranked! So explain why Happy Valley was ranked last week!

It's that same Upper East Tennessee voter that gave that school in Kingsport a first place vote a few weeks back, after the #1 ranked team won. :rolleyes: It looks like it's been changed back after a close win over that team in Sevierville.

Edited by Red Rebels

Do people actually think these "polls" by sports writers who are dominated by middle and east tennessee papers mean anything? Is Milan a good team....yes, without a doubt. Do I think they could beat CAK, Austin-East, Alcoa, CPA....NO not by what little I have seen of them. But, if it makes the Bulldog fans feel better, then so be it. Whatever helps them sleep better at night. Polls mean nothing!!! And yes, turds often float if it is the first turd. All those following usually sink and don't stink as bad.

It's hilarious how people get so upset by polls that mean nothing in a playoff system, and are created by voters who know less about these teams than the average CoachT poster. Right now, AE deserves #1 for beating #1 and the perennial state champ, and Alcoa is #2 until someone other than AE beats them. The rest, IMO, is all speculation. None of the other teams have significent enough wins to know how good they are.