GREENEVILLE VS ALCOA

BIGGREENE

I'm not going to say much, but I just want to say that Alcoa was extremely respectful and every fan that I spoke with were extremely polite and nice, even after their loss. You don't see many teams as respectful as Alcoa was. Great job Devils, it was one heck of a game to watch. Alcoa, you all played well and I'm hoping y'all bring home another gold ball in December!

First off, I want to say Congrads to Greeneville. That is a mighty fine football team that you have up there! Secondly, I love coach Rankin and all that he has done for Alcoa...not just the football team! He is a class act all the way. I always speak with his brother that travels in for the games. Do I agree with every play Coach Rankin calls? No. Do I think we should open it up more? Yes. Are these my opinions? Yes. Do they matter to Coach Rankin? No. Do I like our plain uniforms? No. Again, my opinion...does it matter to others? No. Do I agree with everything BCSportsfan, Barb, Alcoadaddy, Scots50, Goddardfield, or anyone else posts on here? No. Do they post their opinions on a free and open message board? Yes. Does it matter to Coach Rankin or should it to anyone else? No. There were a lot of fans upset and talking about their opinions last night? Do they matter to Coach Rankin? No. Should they? No. He is our football coach and it is his team. He has won several state and national honors...not to mention championships. We will all, disagree on plays and other things more important than a high school football game during our life time. Do I read some posts and think, "why did he/she post that"? Yes, but it is their opinion and its ok to do so. Do I agree always? No. Do I agree with everything Goddardfield posts? No. Do I think he should not post some things that he does? Yes. But again, it is a free message board and he has the right to do so...we dont have to agree. However, I will not get on this message board and downgrade someone's opinion, threaten them, or bully them from behind a keyboard. I find it ridiculous, that people from Alcoa are doing this to each other over a free speech message board for a high school game. Calling people names? Seriously??? We, Alcoa fans do not have to agree with each other on a lot of things...but at gametime, are we not all cheering for the same team? I was coming back from the restroom before the game started and saw an incident that took place in front of a lot of people from both teams. Scots50 got up in the face of Goddardfield and was yelling at him, causing a scene that many people witnessed. He called him a "fat boy" and said he "embarrases" Alcoa. First off, Scots50 should never call anyone else a fat boy(lol), but really, who was embarrasing Alcoa's team and fans more? That would be you! You didnt drive all the way to Greeneville to pick a fight with someone 3 times younger than you at a concession stand. Be the more mature person and chalk it up to "I dont agree with his opinions, but he might be an ok guy". I was embarrased for you and the other gentleman that stood in the distance and yelled on your behalf. If you really feel it necesarry to confront someone about their opinion(which has nothing to do with anything personally about you), please try to arrange a meeting at one or the others house and talk/fight it out. At a high school game is not the time nor place. I apologize to all Greeneville fans that had to witness this. This is not at all a reflection of all Alcoa fans. A few of our fans are giving us all a bad name and making us look bad. --- I like seeing all of you at games, reading your opinions on the message board, and talking to you...Scots50, F5 Seek Shelter, BCSportsfan, Alcoadaddy, Goddardfield, APB, and many others. I have nothing against any of you and are glad you all are part of the Alcoa family that we spend time with on friday nights. Lets all try and get along even though we have different opinions...we have a very tough and long road ahead of us for OUR team. OUR team needs us cheering for them in the stands, not arguing over a message board. We have a common goal that WE CAN ALL AGREE ON: Getting that next gold ball to keep the streak going!

I am not too surprised that Greeneville won. I was surprised how bad they won. I talked to some Maryville people who went to the Greeneville/Maryville scrimmage. They all told me Greeneville was very physical on the LOS. Maryville had trouble running on them but passed at will on Greeneville. To beat Greeneville you have to be able to throw the ball. Alcoa has trouble throwing the ball.

Someone please tell me that I was misinformed and an Alcoa "fan" did not yell at Rankin in front of the team and tell him to leave and move on to Catholic? That's a disgrace if it happened!!!

Only an idiot would do that. Of course I remember a fan telling Jon Reid after the Maryville/Alcoa game to take his sorry butt back to William Blount. I think sometimes fans can get spoiled.

Congrats to Greeneville ..... oldhick , every game is different , and Maryville got Alcoa at a lot more full strength ..... Maryville loses enough of these Imaginary games in the IFL ( Imaginary Football League ) without our own guys throwing Quarles under the bus in this league that he's absolutely awful in !! :roflol:

Btw ... I am just joking around with you Oldhick , don't want to feel the wrath of my fanclub on here .. lol

Don't worry, Pepvol the "better than my Rebels" may have been a little tongue in cheek. I do believe Ballard and Co. may be following a pattern set by GQ. The Greeneville team was well prepared, disciplined and executed to perfection. The double tight end set looked familiar and was very effective. I have always been impressed with the Devils, they just needed a signature win, and last night they got it!

I believe it is very unfair to Greeneville to talk about Alcoa being banged up. They are not that banged up on defense, at least not up front. The o-line for Greeneville completely dominated Alcoa. Reminded me of when Alcoa dominated us in '09.

I don't care what reasons others give for Alcoa's woes, Greeneville has earned the right for more respect from all of us. They did it on the field! Again, congratulations Devils! Great Win! Great Program! Maybe in '13 you can join the fun of our "Kick-off Classic!

First off, I want to say Congrads to Greeneville. That is a mighty fine football team that you have up there! Secondly, I love coach Rankin and all that he has done for Alcoa...not just the football team! He is a class act all the way. I always speak with his brother that travels in for the games. Do I agree with every play Coach Rankin calls? No. Do I think we should open it up more? Yes. Are these my opinions? Yes. Do they matter to Coach Rankin? No. Do I like our plain uniforms? No. Again, my opinion...does it matter to others? No. Do I agree with everything BCSportsfan, Barb, Alcoadaddy, Scots50, Goddardfield, or anyone else posts on here? No. Do they post their opinions on a free and open message board? Yes. Does it matter to Coach Rankin or should it to anyone else? No. There were a lot of fans upset and talking about their opinions last night? Do they matter to Coach Rankin? No. Should they? No. He is our football coach and it is his team. He has won several state and national honors...not to mention championships. We will all, disagree on plays and other things more important than a high school football game during our life time. Do I read some posts and think, "why did he/she post that"? Yes, but it is their opinion and its ok to do so. Do I agree always? No. Do I agree with everything Goddardfield posts? No. Do I think he should not post some things that he does? Yes. But again, it is a free message board and he has the right to do so...we dont have to agree. However, I will not get on this message board and downgrade someone's opinion, threaten them, or bully them from behind a keyboard. I find it ridiculous, that people from Alcoa are doing this to each other over a free speech message board for a high school game. Calling people names? Seriously??? We, Alcoa fans do not have to agree with each other on a lot of things...but at gametime, are we not all cheering for the same team? I was coming back from the restroom before the game started and saw an incident that took place in front of a lot of people from both teams. Scots50 got up in the face of Goddardfield and was yelling at him, causing a scene that many people witnessed. He called him a "fat boy" and said he "embarrases" Alcoa. First off, Scots50 should never call anyone else a fat boy(lol), but really, who was embarrasing Alcoa's team and fans more? That would be you! You didnt drive all the way to Greeneville to pick a fight with someone 3 times younger than you at a concession stand. Be the more mature person and chalk it up to "I dont agree with his opinions, but he might be an ok guy". I was embarrased for you and the other gentleman that stood in the distance and yelled on your behalf. If you really feel it necesarry to confront someone about their opinion(which has nothing to do with anything personally about you), please try to arrange a meeting at one or the others house and talk/fight it out. At a high school game is not the time nor place. I apologize to all Greeneville fans that had to witness this. This is not at all a reflection of all Alcoa fans. A few of our fans are giving us all a bad name and making us look bad. --- I like seeing all of you at games, reading your opinions on the message board, and talking to you...Scots50, F5 Seek Shelter, BCSportsfan, Alcoadaddy, Goddardfield, APB, and many others. I have nothing against any of you and are glad you all are part of the Alcoa family that we spend time with on friday nights. Lets all try and get along even though we have different opinions...we have a very tough and long road ahead of us for OUR team. OUR team needs us cheering for them in the stands, not arguing over a message board. We have a common goal that WE CAN ALL AGREE ON: Getting that next gold ball to keep the streak going!

Very well said Deion24, we all could probably do a self examination for how we act on here. Sometimes it is easy to get combative when others opinions do not match our own, but to let it get to the point you described above is sad.

Very well said Deion24, we all could probably do a self examination for how we act on here. Sometimes it is easy to get combative when others opinions do not match our own, but to let it get to the point you described above is sad.

MY TWO CENTS - I AM A DIE HARD DEVIL FAN - BUT ALCOA IS A CLASS ACT THEY COME TO PLAY BALL AND JUST LIKE I SAID IN THE PAST WHEN U WIN 7 IN A ROW U DESERVE TO BE COCKY THEY WILL BE THERE IN THE END IN CLASS 3A, THEY HAVE BEEN AROUND TO LONG TO GO DOWN WITH OUT A FIGHT IT WAS AS I FEEL MOST OF THE GREENE DEVIL FANS A PLEASURE TO WATCH TWO STATE CHAMPIONS GO AT IT ON THE FIELD , GOOD LUCK TO ALCOA ON THE REST OF YOUR SEASON , AND I AM LOOKING FOWARD TO GOING TO ALCOA NEXT YEAR AND TAKING THEM ON AGAIN - ONE THING ABOUT (WE) GREENEVILLE - ALCOA ARENT AFRAID TO PLAY THE BIG BOYS !

Congrats Green Devils! Great team! Great win! The Devils had a good game plan and rode it to the finish. The Alcoa "D" had a hard time with the Devils QB. Which I think runs the offense as well as Carmichel.

It will be fun following Greeneville's road back to gold. Good luck in that journey!

As far as Alcoa's run for gold. It first starts with getting the core players health and back to 100%. If the team can get back to team that played Maryville, I think we will have the horses to bring back gold! The road starts next week at Kingston!

GOOD LUCK TO YOU GUYS ON THE REST OF THE YEAR!! WIN OR LOSE IN MY BOOK - I AM GLAD WE GOT THE CHANCE TO PLAY YOU ALL I FEEL SORRY FOR THE REST OF THE TEAMS YOU ALL PLAY THIS YEAR THIS WILL MAKE YOU ALL BETTER BUY SHOWING THAT YOU ARE WIDE OPEN IN DIFFERENT AREAS U ALL SURPRISED ME ON HOW WELL U ALL PASSED THE BALL - JUST THINK USING OGGS AS A SCAT BACK OUT OF THE BACKFIELD AND THE #16 KID THROWING THE BALL COULD OPEN UP A WORLD OF HURT FOR YOUR OTHER OPPENETS ! AGAIN GOOD LUCK THE REST OF THE YEAR !

Haha... No matter what I say, it wouldnt compare to the trash alcoa fans have been talkin the past year.

IT DOESNT MATTER YOU U ARE YOU WILL ALWAYS HAVE IT ON BOTH SIDES OF THE BALL - I WILL NOT BE ABLE TO SAY ENOUGH HOW COOL THE ALCOA FANS ARE YOU ALL ARE JUST AS PASSIONATE ABOUT YOUR TEAM AS WE ARE ! I WILL BE PULLING FOR YOU ALL THE REST OF THE YEAR YOU ALL ARE A CLASS ACT! GREENEVILLE I FEEL IS ON THERE WAY TO BECOMING A FEARED OPPONNET SUCH AS YOURSELF'S !