GREENEVILLE VS ALCOA

BIGGREENE

I fully expect Alcoa to weather the storm of injuries and right the ship. They will still be the team to beat for the 3A title. Those players have faced a lot of adversity to this point, but they have a top notch coaching staff that will not allow them to lay down, they will continue to work through the injuries and adversity because that is what winners do.

GOOD LUCK TO YOU GUYS ON THE REST OF THE YEAR!! WIN OR LOSE IN MY BOOK - I AM GLAD WE GOT THE CHANCE TO PLAY YOU ALL I FEEL SORRY FOR THE REST OF THE TEAMS YOU ALL PLAY THIS YEAR THIS WILL MAKE YOU ALL BETTER BUY SHOWING THAT YOU ARE WIDE OPEN IN DIFFERENT AREAS U ALL SURPRISED ME ON HOW WELL U ALL PASSED THE BALL - JUST THINK USING OGGS AS A SCAT BACK OUT OF THE BACKFIELD AND THE #16 KID THROWING THE BALL COULD OPEN UP A WORLD OF HURT FOR YOUR OTHER OPPENETS ! AGAIN GOOD LUCK THE REST OF THE YEAR !

Its funny that you said that...cause that very idea is one of the opinions that got Goddardfield verbally abused on here and at the game. He said we need to throw more with Wall and use Oggs and Vee like Florida uses Rainey and Demps. He also was just pointing out after a lot of speculation of Rankin being in final year that he could make more money out of state or something like that. People take things wrong and out of text, then react too fast. Goddardfield is not a bad person...just a lil opinionated sometimes...oh yeah, and a yankees fan(poor guy)! He is not a "fat boy" as he was called, both at game and on here by members of our Alcoa family. He is just pleasantly plump! The sad thing is two of the people getting mad at him for his opinions and starting things with him didnt even play or go to Alcoa. Goddardfield sweat at all those practices, got yelled at in the locker room at halftimes, and has a state championship ring for it...I believe he is entitled to his opinion, even if you or I think he is right or wrong. And believe me, I disagree with him a lot! :thumb: !

I fully expect Alcoa to weather the storm of injuries and right the ship. They will still be the team to beat for the 3A title. Those players have faced a lot of adversity to this point, but they have a top notch coaching staff that will not allow them to lay down, they will continue to work through the injuries and adversity because that is what winners do.

DITTO!

Wow i looked at the score and was shocked, not that Greeneville won, but by the margin. As a Mo West fan I am definitely pleased to see this outcome. This win is a big one for all of NET. Good job Devils keep it rollin all the way to Cookeville, it would be great to see Greeneville and Mo West hoist Golden Balls in december.

YES LETS BRING HOME THE GOLD FOR 4A AND 5A !

Congratulations to Greenville for a big win! We have no excuses, and you were the better team last night.

Very Classy Larry , as I've said many times on here , being a Champion is not just how you react to always winning .... it's also how you respond to losing . Real winners make no excuses , they just go out and try to get better . I'm happy for Greeneville getting a huge win , but I'm also proud to hear how well my fellow Blount Co. Friends from Alcoa responded to the loss with Class and Respect .

As far as what Deion24 had to say .... that is very disappointing to hear .... I may not agree with what a lot of people have to say on here , but we are all adults and should always behave in an adult manner . Goddardfield played for Alcoa , and like Deion24 said he has earned the right to his opinion by his sweat he poured on that field . It's been a long time since Alcoa has faced adversity , now is the time to pull together guys , not a time to point fingers , Alcoa can still get it done . I'd love to see East Tennessee very well represented down in Cookeville this year , and hopefully we can all bring Gold Balls back east .

I agree Rebelron , that 2000 team will always be special to me because of how those Young men responded to adversity and worked together to get better ..... now it's time for Alcoa to do the same thing ...... A State Championship this year will still be just as sweet as the years that you totally dominated everyone .

Good work BVD.

Lol ... lays the Woods ... collects the Goods ... :roflol:

BVD , you do an awesome job on that and you seem to have a talent for it ... you're very entertaining , would love to have someone from Maryville do what you're doing . Greeneville fans seem to be like Maryville fans were around 2000 , at times it seems like our fans take it for granted now . Congrats once again to Greeneville on their huge win !! That's how you earn respect ... on the field .

I mentioned this before, but I love what Greeneville is doing offensively right now. Using Hall more in the backfield has also made a big difference. It takes a lot out of a team trying to tackle him all night long. Then, you have him blocking to spring Stewart loose, and it worked really well last night. Stewart runs the ball hard! Also, I think that helps to free up the speed of Shuffler as well by keeping him fresh and giving the defense a different look. This coaching staff has a knack for figuring out what adjustments need to be made. This is a different team than what we saw earlier this year.

On a side note, I think Ogle played a huge part in this game. He prevented Alcoa’s speed from getting anything going on special teams.

Its funny that you said that...cause that very idea is one of the opinions that got Goddardfield verbally abused on here and at the game. He said we need to throw more with Wall and use Oggs and Vee like Florida uses Rainey and Demps. He also was just pointing out after a lot of speculation of Rankin being in final year that he could make more money out of state or something like that. People take things wrong and out of text, then react too fast. Goddardfield is not a bad person...just a lil opinionated sometimes...oh yeah, and a yankees fan(poor guy)! He is not a "fat boy" as he was called, both at game and on here by members of our Alcoa family. He is just pleasantly plump! The sad thing is two of the people getting mad at him for his opinions and starting things with him didnt even play or go to Alcoa. Goddardfield sweat at all those practices, got yelled at in the locker room at halftimes, and has a state championship ring for it...I believe he is entitled to his opinion, even if you or I think he is right or wrong. And believe me, I disagree with him a lot! :thumb: !

:thumb:

Im not worried about this anymore. I could care less what a bunch of fair weather arm chair fans think about me. However, I didnt want it disrupting the coaching staff....After speaking with one of the coaches (most people fail to realize when you're a Tornado once, you'll always be a Tornado and will always have the ear of the coaching staff if needed) They have assured me, as I expected that they could care less what anyone has said on a message board and that Im perfectly OK and entitled to my opinion and that (this certain coach) hasnt talked to me in awhile and would like if I come down after a game. Which I agreed to because Ive also said Im going to shake the hand of Mr. Peyton Wall and do everything possible to see if I can help him in his development as a QB in any way. Just cause Im a fat boy that rode the pine, doesnt mean Im not a fat boy that road the pine that doesnt know a lot of people! :roflolk: