South Pittsburg against Signal Mountain

Roy Dillard

I tried to tell you about the D, but I am an idiot. Not as much speed as in years past and too many crazy chances taken on D. If MC moved the ball on yall anyone north of middle school can. Big plays on O will carry you deep against 1A teams in the post season though. The Stealers have some playmakers just not the punch up front.

Yes, yes you are because Jasper hasn't scored on our D in 3 years.

Signal doesn't have to listen to anything. You better worry about a bigger school in your own league. You will go far. Good luck troll.

Sorry I missed you. I was tied up at halftime.

I twittered where I wuz, but none of you hosers came by. Ain't you fellers learned about that Twitter yet. It is a good thing. Yall should follow me @TheMountainTrol

Roy, I had some hot cocoa up at my seats and my copy of yer book. You should have brought me some of them DoubleDeck Fudge Reonds. I don't know why yer coaches stayed on yer side. I sit right in front of the visiting coaches in the pressbox. This is the first time visiting coaches ain't been behind me. Had to be Victory's decision, not ours.

hotcocoa.gif

I garuntee you Grider did not give our boys any createne shakes this week and make them lift weights. We were real weak out their. Grider needs to show our boys how to tackle. I dont know why Grider does not have 5 down lineman on defence. What kind of mess is that? They were nocking a hole in our line all night long for their runners to run through. That Mcclendon boy had 5 touchdowns. Let me ask you Signal people a question. Is their not any closer parking than a mile away. I had to carry my stadium seat, a box of fudge rounds, and a cooler full of red bulls up that hill. It got a little cool tonight, I wish I had brought my thermos with hot cocoa in it. I hope our boys that got hurt tonight will be better for next weeks game. If we lose to Whitwell, we might not make the playoffs.

Roy, that Grider man picked his poison. Knew he couldn't stop the pass and the run of Signal. He decided to take away the pass and get beat by the run. And we run perty good. :roflolk:

Tackle.gif

Let me axe you a question. What does that Wilson man call it when you got two of yer boys holdin' on to each of our pass catchers and then another boy playin' deep enough to catch a punt? :unsure:

I'm sorry about the parking, Roy. Have you ever hunted squirrels in that Prentice Cooper Area? Did you know I can hunt squirrels right behind the school.

animated_gif_3d_059.gif

If we had leveled them ridges and paved a parking lot, the tree huggers up on the Mountain would have acted like monkeys. You should have hooked up with me, Stinker, and the Goat. I drove them fellers right up to the back gate where all the police and firemen hang out. At first Goat wuz a little giddy, but he got over it pretty quick.:roflol:

I was watching that Wilson mans defence tonight and he did not play that Smith boy on that Patton boy. I dont know why Grider did not tell him to do this. They are the same height and that Patton boy caught several passes. What kind of mess is this? I garuntee you that Lankford boy Grider has running the ball is a real good runner. This boy has real big strong legs. I garuntee you if he keeps lifting weights and gets real big, he can play in the SEC one day. You think im joking but im not.

Roy, did you see when that Hall boy #30 of ours dragged :thumb: eight or nine of yer fellers seven yard down the field. I garuntee you he has strong legs.

Sounds like we just were just outmanned...Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't we go to a 3-4/3-5 in 2009 because we had no size and only speed so that was our best defense?!? I think we have the size back so curious as to why we still only run 3-4.....It sounded like we just got gapped all night....Doesn't take a genius to figure out what to do if we doubled both WR and had a safety over top...5 guys in box...Goodness no wonder our QB/Safety left with a beating...Sounds like a great plan against a team that can't run but not against Two Mini Trains haha...Signal has a chance in 4A this year but not as good as one as us :D....Enjoy this fantastic journey Eagles! U guys are pulling in some fish and reloading the pond...How many SR's are on this years team?? Just wonder what next years matchup will look like? Looking on paper last I saw I think we have upper hand but then again who knows what u guys team even looks like next year outside of that QB

Congrats to Signal on a good game. Offense is good and sure up the defense a bit and you have a good shot at 4a. I think this game is similar to Blackman and Signal. Everybody knew Sp had to many players hurt to have a good chance and with the others getting hurt it didn't help. However, with our starters in I still think we lose by 14-21. Signal has a great team. Hope Jake is ok, hope for a speedy recovery from a look to be concussion for this young man. And about the traffic...It was horrible and parking was as well...left an hour 45 before the game and got in the gate with 2 minutes left in first quarter...I think Signal and SP both showed good sportsman ship from what little I could see....Good thing pirates play whitwell this week...We can sit out some players and rest up and get ready for our 1a run!! I think if we don't get complacent we will be fine!

You know them Signal South Baylor folks control everthing in Hamilton County. They didn't want us to have a school, and they stuck us way out in the county park with only one road in and out just to mess with us. Sorry, don't know a solution to the traffic and parking problem. Some things just suck.:flower:

Guest Purplepastry

Yes, yes you are because Jasper hasn't scored on our D in 3 years.

Sadly I had no hand in any of that or things may have been different. I like ball but my time is past. Unlike Yall has-beans (mis-spelling intentional) my manhood is not wrapped up in (or should I say around) adolescents of my town. A vicarious life is still a life I guess. By the way don't dispute the facts just call names as any grown man would.

Edited by Purplepastry

Somebody said something about making excuses, I forgot who it was. I'm not making excuses...I prefer to call them reasons. But we simply had a lot of key players out. * Did anyone notice that we won the second quarter? * Then right after the second half started we lost two more key players. And big DJ had troubles, and our backup quarterback literally limped onto the field to play his last series of the night before Matt took over. We wound up playing nearly the last one and a half quarters with mostly second stringers. Signal's got a great team, and they won fair and square, but it would sure have been nice to see how they handled a healthy Pirate team. We've got some beat up guys right now, but they'll heal up and we will dominate. Playoffs here we come!!

* Uhhhh ... No.:blink:

But I do wish you fellers the best of fortunes down the road. Hope yer fellers can heal up during your bye week Whutwull game.

Sorry you got some more guys banged up tonight. Hope they,re okay. We hit purty hard don't we.:thumb:

See you in CookeVegas.

tomsplace.gif

Edited by MountainTroll

Sounds like we just were just outmanned...Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't we go to a 3-4/3-5 in 2009 because we had no size and only speed so that was our best defense?!? I think we have the size back so curious as to why we still only run 3-4.....It sounded like we just got gapped all night....Doesn't take a genius to figure out what to do if we doubled both WR and had a safety over top...5 guys in box...Goodness no wonder our QB/Safety left with a beating...Sounds like a great plan against a team that can't run but not against Two Mini Trains haha...Signal has a chance in 4A this year but not as good as one as us :D....Enjoy this fantastic journey Eagles! U guys are pulling in some fish and reloading the pond...How many SR's are on this years team?? Just wonder what next years matchup will look like? Looking on paper last I saw I think we have upper hand but then again who knows what u guys team even looks like next year outside of that QB

Check the box scores tomorrow. I believe it wuz Four Trains. But ... I'll let Zack, Tim, Mitchell, and Andrew know they were declared Trains by Mr. TrainTracks hisself.:thumb:

We got some good MiniTrains just waiting their turn on the sidelines.:ph34r:

Next year should be about like last year.:shock:

Old Pirate has taken the skillet slinger to the last game @ SM. Jest way too much hoofing for us older folks. Dad blame fellers it is jest an awlful trip regardless if you win or lose. Well that ain't hardly the truth neither. Leaestways......CONGRATS to the Eagles on the "W" and the back yard whipping they game to this young Pirate team. Now, figure the Pirates even thou theys a bunch of hurtin youngons will live to play again and will be better for this hard fought feud that was won by a better team. OP says the SP folkes should be proud of the Pirates for their efforts against a more talented team and perhaps with all guns firing could have made it a closer game. The 1st real turning point in the game was the Pirates not using a bit more clock before the end of the 1st half and obviously loss of J. Stone early in the 3rd qtr. Yep, recon folkes will says Excuses by SP but reality is reasons and the #1 reason is the Eagles earholed far more Pirates and were the better team.

CONGRATS TO THE EAGLES ON THE WIN AND THE PIRATES ON THE HARD FOUGHT LOSS, BOTH COMMUNITIES SHOULD BE PROUD OF THESE YOUNGONS :thumb:

Edited by OLD PIRATE

Im not going to read what everyone has said tonight. Its too late. I will do that on another day. I just wanted to get on here, and share what I thought about the game. Did Signal even punt the ball once? Their offense was very impressive to say the least. When you guys meet up with Greeneville it will be a heck of a game. SP was no match for Signal. I knew they wouldnt be. It wouldnt matter if they was healthy or not Signal was scoring everytime. They even scored before the half with 1 minute on the clock. If we were healthy we might have scored 2 more touchdowns, but that is the only difference it would have made in this game. I honestly for one dont think we should play Signal next year. We had a lot of people get hurt in this game, and we already had injuries previous to this game. They have fresh players running in & out, and our same guys stay on the field on OFFENSE & DEFENSE. No breaks. Its not fair. Traintracks I know you disagree, but the same thing will happen next year. We could not stop them. Literally! Best complete offense I have seen in a long time. With that said I would like to brag on some Pirates. Jake showed some great running ability tonight. If he plays like he did tonight with Chubb back 1A will be easy for us. Good job Little Man also. He took some huge hits, but got right back up. The D has to bounce back. We still have some tough ones left. This team by far will be the best we will see all year. Congrats Signal. Keep improving Pirates. You have nothing to hang your head about. Win the another State Championship, and nobody will care about this loss.