South Pittsburg against Signal Mountain

Roy Dillard

Guest Purplepastry

Since my last thoughts on this game were expunged from existence I will repeat. I believe SM is two scores better than SP with or without injured players. The two issues in my mind are line play and depth/conditioning. The skill players for both teams may be a draw but I don’t think SP can match SM up front . Particularly the SP D-line vs. the SM O-line, they may shoot a gap and make a play now and again but shooting gaps and blitzes leads to holes elsewhere, and I don’t think SP can stand line to line with SM and play them strait up. If they can it will be a game. I think they will have to take chances, and relying on too many chances leads to getting burned.

The second issue is depth and conditioning. Historically SP has had conditioning issues and many of their prominent players play both ways. At minimum SM has more players and will be fresher. A possible remedy for SP would be if they could jump out early and rotate some people in to keep key people fresher. If it goes to the fourth quarter tight SM will win on gas mileage.

I been doing this for a long time. And I don't even watch any film anymore.

You think I'm and idiot but I'm not.

Edited by Purplepastry

Roy how many yards rushing did lankford have? What about all purpose yrds?

Let me ask you a question. What is a all purpose yard? How do you get one of them? That Lankford boy is real good and I think Grider needs to give him the ball more. You think im joking but im not. Pirate Mike, did you have to walk up that durn hill like I did? It was real hard with my Murphy Fair book my box of fudge rounds and my cooler with red bulls.

Let me ask you a question. What is a all purpose yard? How do you get one of them? That Lankford boy is real good and I think Grider needs to give him the ball more. You think im joking but im not. Pirate Mike, did you have to walk up that durn hill like I did? It was real hard with my Murphy Fair book my box of fudge rounds and my cooler with red bulls.

I did Roy, but tell me this, why did our assistant coaches that normally sit in press box stand at the top of our bleachers? But that $10,000 track looked nice :/

Congrats to Signal on a good game. Offense is good and sure up the defense a bit and you have a good shot at 4a. I think this game is similar to Blackman and Signal. Everybody knew Sp had to many players hurt to have a good chance and with the others getting hurt it didn't help. However, with our starters in I still think we lose by 14-21. Signal has a great team. Hope Jake is ok, hope for a speedy recovery from a look to be concussion for this young man. And about the traffic...It was horrible and parking was as well...left an hour 45 before the game and got in the gate with 2 minutes left in first quarter...I think Signal and SP both showed good sportsman ship from what little I could see....Good thing pirates play whitwell this week...We can sit out some players and rest up and get ready for our 1a run!! I think if we don't get complacent we will be fine!

Guest Purplepastry

I garuntee you Grider did not give our boys any createne shakes this week and make them lift weights. We were real weak out their. Grider needs to show our boys how to tackle. I dont know why Grider does not have 5 down lineman on defence. What kind of mess is that? They were nocking a hole in our line all night long for their runners to run through. That Mcclendon boy had 5 touchdowns. Let me ask you Signal people a question. Is their not any closer parking than a mile away. I had to carry my stadium seat, a box of fudge rounds, and a cooler full of red bulls up that hill. It got a little cool tonight, I wish I had brought my thermos with hot cocoa in it. I hope our boys that got hurt tonight will be better for next weeks game. If we lose to Whitwell, we might not make the playoffs.

He doesn't have five linemen that could stand toe to toe with SM. Grider's scheme will work against smaller school with less size. Yall are banking on speed in the linebacker and secondary to make the plays. That doesn't work so well when your front line gets obliterated.

I did Roy, but tell me this, why did our assistant coaches that normally sit in press box stand at the top of our bleachers? But that $10,000 track looked nice :/

I saw them standing up their behind me. Would that Price man not let them sit in his pressbox? I garuntee next year Grider should tell that Price man that his coaches have to stand up their on the top row of the bleachers like he did ours. That was not real nice of that Price man to do that to Grider. You think im joking but im not.

Somebody said something about making excuses, I forgot who it was. I'm not making excuses...I prefer to call them reasons. But we simply had a lot of key players out. Did anyone notice that we won the second quarter? Then right after the second half started we lost two more key players. And big DJ had troubles, and our backup quarterback literally limped onto the field to play his last series of the night before Matt took over. We wound up playing nearly the last one and a half quarters with mostly second stringers. Signal's got a great team, and they won fair and square, but it would sure have been nice to see how they handled a healthy Pirate team. We've got some beat up guys right now, but they'll heal up and we will dominate. Playoffs here we come!!

I tried to tell you about the D, but I am an idiot. Not as much speed as in years past and too many crazy chances taken on D. If MC moved the ball on yall anyone north of middle school can. Big plays on O will carry you deep against 1A teams in the post season though. The Stealers have some playmakers just not the punch up front.

We have everyone back from last year cheese...It didn't matter...SM would score 120 against MC now go away booger....Sheew what's that smell?

He doesn't have five linemen that could stand toe to toe with SM. Grider's scheme will work against smaller school with less size. Yall are banking on speed in the linebacker and secondary to make the plays. That doesn't work so well when your front line gets obliterated.

I garuntee you that I didnt ask you a question. Why dont you go stick your head back in the toilet like Traintracks told you to do before I get Traintracks to serve up some of his venom on you? You think im joking but im not.

Go on over to your weekly beat down thread dough boy.