OC at Montgomery Central

Reelfoot72

If you think Rossview is athletic....you're about to be amazed.

Ive seen OC on film with my son. They were impressive, but I wasn't amazed by their athleticism. I was impressed with the offensive scheme more than anything. You all have a WR and a RB that can move around pretty good (just like Rossview). Your QB has a great arm, but that doesn't make it athletic. The rest of your team, I can find on any other team. If you wanna be amazed with overall team athleticism, then watch Alcoa, Maryville, Dickson Co, Austin-East, Maplewood, Pearl Cohn, etc...There, your RB & WR come a dime-a dozen. On a positive note, your field looks real nice though and you have a ton of cheerleaders. Are they all coming to the game Friday?

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Montgomery Central can play with Obion County. Sam Hudson is a three-year starter at quarterback. He is a good player. Patterson and Hutchenson are both solid athletes that can do damage to the Rebels. Redden is a stud at fullback. He and Hill will be hard to stop. Defensively the Indians are proned to give up a big play but when they play responsibility football they are very solid.

Obion County can't overlook the Indians or they leave Cunningham on Friday night with a loss.

Ive seen OC on film with my son. They were impressive, but I wasn't amazed by their athleticism. I was impressed with the offensive scheme more than anything. You all have a WR and a RB that can move around pretty good (just like Rossview). Your QB has a great arm, but that doesn't make it athletic. The rest of your team, I can find on any other team. If you wanna be amazed with overall team athleticism, then watch Alcoa, Maryville, Dickson Co, Austin-East, Maplewood, Pearl Cohn, etc...There, your RB & WR come a dime-a dozen. On a positive note, your field looks real nice though and you have a ton of cheerleaders. Are they all coming to the game Friday?

Thats an impressive list of teams, but were playing Montgomery Central an thats all they need to worry about. Lets see what happens friday night.

Anyone thinking Fair and Parr is all this team has is making a huge mistake....

Stats through 5 games...

Team - Offense :

Total Yards : 422 ypg

Rushes: 118-776 (155 ypg)

Passing : 75-108-2 1337 (69%) (267 ypg)

First Downs : 76 (15 per game)

Penalties : 38-295 (8-59 per game)

Turnovers : +4

Opposition - Offense :

Total Yards : 161 ypg

Rushes : 182-515 (103 ypg)

Passing : 24-50-4 288 (48%) (58 ypg)

First Downs : 44 (9 per game)

Individual Stats :

Trey Phipps (Passing) : 70-93-1 1290 (75%) 16 TD Passes (Rushing) 15-70 1 TD..

LaDevin Fair (Rushing) : 46-567 9 TDs (Receiving) 6-91 1 TD...

Marcus Parr (Receiving) : 27-540 8 TDs (Rushing) 7-68 1 TD...

Mason McGrew (Receiving) : 20-391 5 TDs - PATS (17-19) 2 FGs...

Tanner Cary (Receiving) : 10-189 1 TD (Rushing) 2-1....

Halftime Report :

I said in the summer if OC could come up with replacements from graduation losses on the offensive line and linebacker and could improve greatly on defense that this would be a tough team because they are loaded with skill position players...I would say they have done all of those things...5-0 for the first time since 1974 and 5th ranked in the newly released AP poll...The next three games will make or break the Rebs season...Montgomery Central should be a team they beat but you are traveling close to two hours and you never know what you will get from officials that haven't seen you play before...South Gibson proved they could be a team to be reckoned with by hanging with Milan for a half and Covington is loaded with athletes...

Sounds like Montgomery Central has some playmakers of their own. I don't expect a blowout. I do think the Rebels will take the win. Regardless, it should be helpful for each team to meet a new opponent. The Rebels must stop the run and force MC to beat them through the air, although the pass defense has been solid. MC must stop the pass and not let Fair have a big night. Should be a good game, and better be considering the drive! lol I say Rebels by 14.

I'm expecting another BIG night from the southpaw quarterback that has really stepped up his game this year.... Look for another 300 yd and 4td performance from this kid... This offense has not been close to being stopped all year and i expect another big night from them considering the light workout they had last week at GC ...

Anyone who overlooks anyone at this stage of the season, really needs to look at things again. OC is NOT going to overlook Montgomery Central, which from what I see is a good football team. No one has said OC is unbeatable, just that they are playing well. Coach Jackson and his crew will be looking at MC and no one else. Now, after a long trip, and what I think will be a pretty good game, I look for OC to have a happy trip home, with a "W".Then and only then will OC begin to think of South Gibson. It's all about who is next, and right now that is Montgomery Central.

GO REBELS!!!!!!!!

Anyone thinking Fair and Parr is all this team has is making a huge mistake....

Stats through 5 games...

Team - Offense :

Total Yards : 422 ypg

Rushes: 118-776 (155 ypg)

Passing : 75-108-2 1337 (69%) (267 ypg)

First Downs : 76 (15 per game)

Penalties : 38-295 (8-59 per game)

Turnovers : +4

Opposition - Offense :

Total Yards : 161 ypg

Rushes : 182-515 (103 ypg)

Passing : 24-50-4 288 (48%) (58 ypg)

First Downs : 44 (9 per game)

Individual Stats :

Trey Phipps (Passing) : 70-93-1 1290 (75%) 16 TD Passes (Rushing) 15-70 1 TD..

LaDevin Fair (Rushing) : 46-567 9 TDs (Receiving) 6-91 1 TD...

Marcus Parr (Receiving) : 27-540 8 TDs (Rushing) 7-68 1 TD...

Mason McGrew (Receiving) : 20-391 5 TDs - PATS (17-19) 2 FGs...

Tanner Cary (Receiving) : 10-189 1 TD (Rushing) 2-1....

Halftime Report :

I said in the summer if OC could come up with replacements from graduation losses on the offensive line and linebacker and could improve greatly on defense that this would be a tough team because they are loaded with skill position players...I would say they have done all of those things...5-0 for the first time since 1974 and 5th ranked in the newly released AP poll...The next three games will make or break the Rebs season...Montgomery Central should be a team they beat but you are traveling close to two hours and you never know what you will get from officials that haven't seen you play before...South Gibson proved they could be a team to be reckoned with by hanging with Milan for a half and Covington is loaded with athletes...

This. Many who don't follow OC (and prolly some who do) think that LaDevin and Marcus are the only weapons that they have. I will say there is nobody on OC's roster this year that can step-in for LaDevin, but McGrew and Cary can fill in nicely for Marcus. Coach Jackson wants Marcus to be the "primary" receiver, but if you game plan to take him out of the game Cary and McGrew will beat the 1 on 1 matchups majority of the time.

This game once again depends on the Defense that Mont. Central puts on the field. If they can slow down the Rebel scoring maching at all, they will have a chance. The rebels defense has been tested in two different games in the first half. One game that you taake away a fumble on the 1 yard line and was a 14 point swing could have made all the difference in the world. If someone plays a full game like westview played in the first half against the Red, White aand Blue, the rebels can be beat in regular season. This game will be one of the next 5 that will test the Rebel each Friday night.

And what P & G said below is true...lots can happen on the road when you travel to a new territory.

P & G...... "I said in the summer if OC could come up with replacements from graduation losses on the offensive line and linebacker and could improve greatly on defense that this would be a tough team because they are loaded with skill position players...I would say they have done all of those things...5-0 for the first time since 1974 and 5th ranked in the newly released AP poll...The next three games will make or break the Rebs season...Montgomery Central should be a team they beat but you are traveling close to two hours and you never know what you will get from officials that haven't seen you play before...South Gibson proved they could be a team to be reckoned with by hanging with Milan for a half and Covington is loaded with athletes..."

Mont. Central Schedule 2011

Fri Aug. 19 at #25 Clarksville Academy Battle by the River L 14-33

Fri Aug. 26 East Robertson W 31-14

Fri Sep. 2 Cheatham County D Central Pride L 14-49

Fri Sep. 9 at Rossview W 31-26

Fri Sep. 16 Waverly Central D Homecoming W 23-21

Fri Sep. 23 #12 Obion County

Fri Sep. 30 at #16 Harpeth D

Fri Oct. 7 #25 Camden Central D

Fri Oct. 14 at Creek Wood D

Fri Oct. 28 at Stewart County D

Mont. Centrals Schedule looks decent

Edited by UCGRAD

This game once again depends on the Defense that Mont. Central puts on the field. If they can slow down the Rebel scoring maching at all, they will have a chance. The rebels defense has been tested in two different games in the first half. One game that you taake away a fumble on the 1 yard line and was a 14 point swing could have made all the difference in the world. If someone plays a full game like westview played in the first half against the Red, White aand Blue, the rebels can be beat in regular season. This game will be one of the next 5 that will test the Rebel each Friday night.

Anything can happen and every team can be beaten. I believe both teams scored off turnovers that night.

If cows could fly, imagine what your windshield would look like!