Macon @ Smith Co.

geo1126

Normally it would be the team with the better defense. Usually a wet field means a wet ball and it becomes a lot harder for the teams to hold on to the ball and catch the ball. Macon relies heavily on their potent offense, and if their offense is slowed down any it will make it really hard for them because their defense isn't really built to stop anyone. SC can afford to have some trouble on offense because they have a good enough defense to keep them in games, MC does not!

Our defense did a pretty good job last week, pretty much kept us in that game actually. It's still not great but they did show the ability to stop some teams. I've said this before and I still believe it, our defense isn't going to set any records,but it's not as weak as some people like to think either.

Our defense did a pretty good job last week, pretty much kept us in that game actually. It's still not great but they did show the ability to stop some teams. I've said this before and I still believe it, our defense isn't going to set any records,but it's not as weak as some people like to think either.

Sycamore has a good defense but on offense it isn't something to be desired for. They've maxed out on 22 points this year so 14 points they scored on MC isn't far from their norm so far in the season. MC held Jo Byrns and Sycamore to a combined 21 points, but neither one of those teams is as good offensively as SC is. When MC went up against teams that has a good offense they gave up a whopping 45 and 52 points. I don't believe offensively SC is as good as MC, but SC is a more balanced team. All i'm saying is if the weather or effects MC or if MC doesn't execute on offense like they normally do then it will be a long night for MC because MC's defense is not good enough to stop the SC defense.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Announcements

• Recent Posts

• I am going to assume you are not a lawyer, and most reasonable lawyers would not say the lawsuit has a zero percent chance in court. I agree with you that a coach has the ability to dismiss anyone from a team. However, Ms. Winfree was never presented with the opportunity to present her witnesses and have them tell the coaches and administrators what they heard. A lawyer could better explain the lawsuit and the grounds to you. Before you start making wild assumptions about the lawsuit, would it be too much to ask that you do a little legal research first? The lawsuit is dealing with due process, loss of property, and defamation.   You can read the lawsuit here: https://bdnewsletter.files.wordpress.com/2024/04/doc-1-complaint-filed-4-18-2024.pdf  
    • The administration took the path of backing the coach and whispering to people that the kid was a problem. The reality is that the kid was never a problem on a team or classroom. The player says she has witnessed who back her not saying the f-word.  Why did the coach make that story up and other stories? I am not Sigmund Freud and do not have an answer for the ex=-coach's behavior..  
    • I think they have they coach they want close to being done. I guess we will all see how this plays out. I hope the hire a good one. There are some players in the box for the next coach to work with. 
    • Going to grundle Troy Fleming?
    • I agree I don't think it will go to trial either, but I feel like that will be because no judge would deem this to warrant a law suit... If the school board settles, they loose and all coaches and schools loose too.