Macon @ Smith Co.

geo1126

Sure is quiet up on the ridge tonight. If you listen close, the only thing you can hear is the OWLS every now and then.

Crows will be scarce around MC tomorrow. ......Well, .at least them buns bought for "owl burgers and "owl meat" won't go to waste.:hungry:

Now what?? Can't hang your hat on a "we beat SC',..can't say "Maynord never beat Pemberton"....Well at least you still got "we play TC"...

:roflol:

• Upvote 2

Sure is quiet up on the ridge tonight. If you listen close, the only thing you can hear is the OWLS every now and then.

Crows will be scarce around MC tomorrow. ......Well, .at least them buns bought for "owl burgers and "owl meat" won't go to waste.:hungry:

Now what?? Can't hang your hat on a "we beat SC',..can't say "Maynord never beat Pemberton"....Well at least you still got "we play TC"...

For all intents and purposes, they were put away at 21-0. The score that was coming before the bad snaps and following interception would have cranked the bus. Macon never really stopped SC. SC stopped SC. SC still has a couple sloppy things that need attention. Should that happen, the Owls will be a tough out come second season.

Good game Owls. Especially run defense. MC could never get any rhythm on offense. Had to be one demential. Just can't control the clock when you have to rely so heavily on the pass. Not a good nite to have to pass. Don't be so hard on your center. We had a few of those bad snaps ourselves. Oh and to some who thinks we hang our hat on this game, This game isn't anymore important to us than any other we play during the season except for the neighborly rivalry. I don't understand why that keeps being said. Like we base our entire season on this game. We have bigger fish to fry in the district. So it's back to work this week preparing for the next game. Our schedule really doesn't have any freebes in it.

Good game Owls. Especially run defense. MC could never get any rhythm on offense. Had to be one demential. Just can't control the clock when you have to rely so heavily on the pass. Not a good nite to have to pass. Don't be so hard on your center. We had a few of those bad snaps ourselves. Oh and to some who thinks we hang our hat on this game, This game isn't anymore important to us than any other we play during the season except for the neighborly rivalry. I don't understand why that keeps being said. Like we base our entire season on this game. We have bigger fish to fry in the district. So it's back to work this week preparing for the next game. Our schedule really doesn't have any freebes in it.

I guess you know how we feel now. Macon has not been a big game for us...really ever. The loss and subsequent mouthing from it changed that. We didn't play our best...and still won easily. We were not going to lose this one. So...don't focus on us next year either. Focus on GP...since they are a district game. Or maybe WH or Dekalb should be your focus. :rolleyes:

I guess you know how we feel now. Macon has not been a big game for us...really ever. The loss and subsequent mouthing from it changed that. We didn't play our best...and still won easily. We were not going to lose this one. So...don't focus on us next year either. Focus on GP...since they are a district game. Or maybe WH or Dekalb should be your focus. :rolleyes:

Oh trust me in 2 weeks I'm sure all you will see is Macon will beat DeKalb. DC is playing much better than MC this year, but they won't face it until they get on the field with us and realise. The past few years it has been kinda the same for us. Not a big game, crush them in 08 and 09. Have a horrible season last year and they beat us and all the sudden they have something to talk about. I still hear about it from some of their players I know personally. Last year was a rebuilding year for DeKalb. And it shows this year with only 5 seniors and all juniors. Next year will be the year.