Macon @ Smith Co.

geo1126

So you are saying "do as I say and not as I do"? Man, you really did MC a big favor by telling of the Civil war this past week. Don't think MC appreciates your telling this episode do you? Now, MC is not a good football team. Look at the record and TC and SC, both much smaller schools, pounded them. Looks as if some MC fan, rather than SC fans, needs to shut up and face the reality :thumb:

NO! NO! NO! Not Reality!

Congrats to SC on the win. However, I see posts about "little defense." I can guarantee you that White House and LA will bring the D to play versus MC. Ask SC about LA's defense. They put up 19 and got the win, no doubt, but they worked HARD for that 19. Congratulations to SC and see you soon MC.

Don't see MC beating LA or DC. MC doesn't have the defense to stop either team.

Ah...snowman. Your team can't throw...so you wouldn't understand the concept... Why not throw when your receivers are ALL open on just about every play? There were about 4 uncharacteristic drops that were all big plays. Make those plays we usually make... and it's 35 - 6 at the half. I think we also knew Macon had no chance to stop our "slower than January molasses offense" to quote your cohort. I think we also knew Macon could not run. I guess we should have known we were going to drop those wide open td's just like we knew what TC was gonna have the last years.

Now now, Twan. If you are going to quote me, then get it right! ;) I didn't say anything about either offense or defense. I said both teams...overall, were "January molasses" slow. Don't get me wrong, there are some on both teams that can "pick 'em up and set 'em down", but overall team speed is lacking, imo. (Thanks for the follow, by the way. I'll follow you the next time I'm on. :thumb: )

As for the game...I can't say that I was surprised. I knew what Macon was bringing to the table, but I hadn't seen SC this year. I had been told that SC's defense may not be as good as it was being advertised, but I knew MC's offense wasn't as potent as they would like to think.

Just a few football questions (and I'm being serious...no jabs)....

Smith: Why even throw Friday night? They couldn't stop Manning. I would have fed that monster all night long. He has all the potential to be a good one and you all should be exicited! Now, I know we like to pick at your OC a little, but seriously...the few games I get to watch each year, it seems like the deep balls end up keeping the other team in the game, more than helping your cause. I guess you are just keeping the defenses honest.

Macon: It's obvious who your best player is...use him. Adapt! Your best chance of winning is Grace's arm, not your o-line and running backs. Why the foot to foot line splits? I mean its one thing if you are going line up that way and dominate someone (which you're not), but to me it looks like you are just pulling the defense in closer to the box. It may get back to that speed thing.

Overall...I was very, very disappointed Friday night. Not the game mind you, but the atmosphere. That was the worst atmosphere I've seen at the Hole in a long time. Let me take that back...the game was boring, sloppy, and not at all entertaining (from an outsider). So much so, that we left early. Something was definitely missing...it may have been Macon's crowd. That was weak! If everything had been reversed...records and venue...Smith County would still have packed the place. That alone should tell you that your program is not where you think it is, or want it to be. I thought you may be getting closer, now I'm not so sure.

Come on down to the Creekbank this Thursday if you can. It should be a good one! Nice to meet Swanson Friday night. Twan and Termite...sorry we didn't get a chance to chew the fat. Re-read above paragraph for explaination. As always...best of luck to both teams the rest of the year. Both of you know you at least have two fans in TC that are pulling for you. :thumb:

• Upvote 1

Overall...I was very, very disappointed Friday night. Not the game mind you, but the atmosphere. That was the worst atmosphere I've seen at the Hole in a long time. Let me take that back...the game was boring, sloppy, and not at all entertaining (from an outsider). So much so, that we left early. Something was definitely missing...it may have been Macon's crowd. That was weak! If everything had been reversed...records and venue...Smith County would still have packed the place. That alone should tell you that your program is not where you think it is, or want it to be. I thought you may be getting closer, now I'm not so sure.

I think it was boring because of how fast MC put themselves in a hole. It was 14-0 in SC's first 2 possessions while MC had 2 straight outs and then on their 3rd possession of the game missed on the 4th down try. MC fought back to make it somewhat close but I believe after the first few possessions everyone at that game knew MC was never in it which makes a boring game.

Edited by swanson71

I think it was boring because of how fast MC put themselves in a hole. It was 14-0 in SC's first 2 possessions while MC had 2 straight outs and then on their 3rd possession of the game missed on the 4th down try. MC fought back to make it somewhat close but I believe after the first few possessions everyone at that game knew MC was never in it which makes a boring game.

You could very well be right. However, I was disappointed when I walked through the gate and saw the size of the crowd. Like I said, to me...something was missing. The electricity wasn't in the air. This isn't the norm when these two teams hook up.

You could very well be right. However, I was disappointed when I walked through the gate and saw the size of the crowd. Like I said, to me...something was missing. The electricity wasn't in the air. This isn't the norm when these two teams hook up.

If you have not been to the 'Hole' in awhile Smith Co. has added about 1000 more sitting places.Maybe that's why the crowd did'nt look as big.However I was not at all impressed with the Macon QB.On your earlier post I agree.Give the ball to #25 and turn him loose.Game Over.

If you have not been to the 'Hole' in awhile Smith Co. has added about 1000 more sitting places.Maybe that's why the crowd did'nt look as big.However I was not at all impressed with the Macon QB.On your earlier post I agree.Give the ball to #25 and turn him loose.Game Over.

It's hard to be impressed with someone when your not given the chance to be impressive...His numbers, in other games, speak for itself and if it wasn't for Grace and the repsect he demands from opposing defenses then Macon would be BAD...

Edited by swanson71

Now now, Twan. If you are going to quote me, then get it right! ;) I didn't say anything about either offense or defense. I said both teams...overall, were "January molasses" slow. Don't get me wrong, there are some on both teams that can "pick 'em up and set 'em down", but overall team speed is lacking, imo. (Thanks for the follow, by the way. I'll follow you the next time I'm on. :thumb: )

As for the game...I can't say that I was surprised. I knew what Macon was bringing to the table, but I hadn't seen SC this year. I had been told that SC's defense may not be as good as it was being advertised, but I knew MC's offense wasn't as potent as they would like to think.

Smith: Why even throw Friday night? They couldn't stop Manning. I would have fed that monster all night long. He has all the potential to be a good one and you all should be exicited! Now, I know we like to pick at your OC a little, but seriously...the few games I get to watch each year, it seems like the deep balls end up keeping the other team in the game, more than helping your cause. I guess you are just keeping the defenses honest.

Macon: It's obvious who your best player is...use him. Adapt! Your best chance of winning is Grace's arm, not your o-line and running backs. Why the foot to foot line splits? I mean its one thing if you are going line up that way and dominate someone (which you're not), but to me it looks like you are just pulling the defense in closer to the box. It may get back to that speed thing.

Come on down to the Creekbank this Thursday if you can. It should be a good one! Nice to meet Swanson Friday night. Twan and Termite...sorry we didn't get a chance to chew the fat. Re-read above paragraph for explaination. As always...best of luck to both teams the rest of the year. Both of you know you at least have two fans in TC that are pulling for you. :thumb:

Ah SEV...I didn't call you out on the quote. Now...you did that...lol. To quote snowman's great uncle..."It's not the accuracy of the story...it's the impact"...lol.

I said before...why not throw when virtually every receiver was open...every play?

Macon did get a pick on the deep ball...but it was better than a punt. They got it at their own 2. The other pick wasn't good. I dont' think he saw him. Good read by the linebacker also. I also understand your thoughts. But...I think you have to throw some...even against teams you don't have to. It keeps you sharp for when you do have to throw against a team that can stop the run. If a team can stop the run against your team...you are done. Maybe you won't run up against a team like that. We definitely will.

Now...I think you admitted SC is better than you thought...because you thought this game would be close. I don't think you and the snowman would have been there if you thought it was going to turn out like it did. :D I thought it would be too. I do think SC's defense is quick. Macon never got outside...at all. They have on every other team they have played.

As for twitter...my phone kept locking up every time I logged on. Hopefully...it won't next time. It is a great source to get scores. Thanks for mentioning it.

Yeah...I try to make at least one game a year there. I knew they had added some seating, but not sure when exactly. It wasn't this past year, was it? Regardless...attendence on Macon's part sucked! I've seen lesser so-called rivals bring more than that.

It's hard to be impressed with someone when your not given the chance to be impressive...His numbers, in other games, speak for itself and if it wasn't for Grace and the repsect he demands from opposing defenses then Macon would be BAD...

I agree. I think he's a decent little player, but he's not the "Peyton Manning" type some up there try to make him out to be. I'm not even sure he plays quarterback at the next level. I guess that just depends on where he ends up going. Grace just doesn't have a whole lot of help...talent around him. If he was wearing purple and gold, I'd like our chances of making it to Cookeville a lot better. I would take him on my team anyday.

Edited by SEVEN

can i get a copy of this in a hardback? :roflolk:

Ah SEV...I didn't call you out on the quote. Now...you did that...lol. To quote snowman's great uncle..."It's not the accuracy of the story...it's the impact"...lol.

I said before...why not throw when virtually every receiver was open...every play?

Macon did get a pick on the deep ball...but it was better than a punt. They got it at their own 2. The other pick wasn't good. I dont' think he saw him. Good read by the linebacker also. I also understand your thoughts. But...I think you have to throw some...even against teams you don't have to. It keeps you sharp for when you do have to throw against a team that can stop the run. If a team can stop the run against your team...you are done. Maybe you won't run up against a team like that. We definitely will.

Now...I think you admitted SC is better than you thought...because you thought this game would be close. I don't think you and the snowman would have been there if you thought it was going to turn out like it did. :D I thought it would be too. I do think SC's defense is quick. Macon never got outside...at all. They have on every other team they have played. As for twitter...my phone kept locking up every time I logged on. Hopefully...it won't next time. It is a great source to get scores. Thanks for mentioning it.

We've struggled to run the ball on quality defenses all year long. Hopefully it can get fixed were it can atleast be adequate.

Now...I think you admitted SC is better than you thought...because you thought this game would be close. I don't think you and the snowman would have been there if you thought it was going to turn out like it did. :D I thought it would be too. I do think SC's defense is quick. Macon never got outside...at all. They have on every other team they have played.

As for twitter...my phone kept locking up every time I logged on. Hopefully...it won't next time. It is a great source to get scores. Thanks for mentioning it.

I agree about throwing the ball to keep you sharp and the defense honest. Totally understandable. I also think we can throw it a little better than you give us credit for...we'll probably have to find out this week.

As for SC...I hadn't seen them play, but it was about what I expected. I did think the game would have been a little closer. I will give you this...your defense is quicker than Macon's offense, but I'm not sure that is saying much.

Now don't get me wrong. We don't have a stable full of thouroughbreds either. I just remember 3A speed back in the day when we were all there. That, a combination of the sloppy game, and the terrible atmosphere (from the norm) is probably where my molasses comment came from.

Twitter is awesome. Hope you get it working from here on out.