Macon @ Smith Co.

geo1126

i think smith almost gave the game away in the second when they felt the need to keep throwing with a 21 point lead. especially when the receivers were having such a hard time with slippery footballs. if smith had ran all night, then yeah, it could have been worse. but, as with most sc football i've seen, they threw when it was pointless.

Ah...snowman. Your team can't throw...so you wouldn't understand the concept... :D Why not throw when your receivers are ALL open on just about every play? There were about 4 uncharacteristic drops that were all big plays. Make those plays we usually make... and it's 35 - 6 at the half. I think we also knew Macon had no chance to stop our "slower than January molasses offense" to quote your cohort. :D I think we also knew Macon could not run. I guess we should have known we were going to drop those wide open td's just like we knew what TC was gonna have the last years. :o

For all intents and purposes, they were put away at 21-0. The score that was coming before the bad snaps and following interception would have cranked the bus. Macon never really stopped SC. SC stopped SC. SC still has a couple sloppy things that need attention. Should that happen, the Owls will be a tough out come second season.

I thought MC would be a stronger team than what they were. The Owl defense totally dominated the run game. Only on a couple passing plays did MC show any sign of being able to throw the ball. Manning, for MC, is a good strong receiver and I felt they would try to exploit our shorter corners. Manning, SC, did what he is capable of doing. One main part of the Owl offense is the OL is getting better each game. The Defense continues to improve. Still some things HAVE GOT TO BE WORKED OUT!!! Can't continue to make some of the silly mistakes that we continue to make. Overall, good outing for the Owls and good luck to MC the rest of the year. :thumb:

the defensive stand on the first drive of the second half is what set the tone for the win. it took smith's offense the entire 3rd quarter to get back on track. the fg before the half may have been the biggest play of the night for sc, it broke macon's short lived momentum.

Agree...Agree... but did anyone notice that 8 or 9 seconds ran off the clock after MC made the 2 pt. conversion. The Owls had to settle for the FG with about a second before the half. Instead of kicking the FG the Owls could have possibly ran a couple of plays I know they could have ran one with a chance to score a TD but had to settle for 3.

Both Mannings played great but SC's Manning ...if he keeps improving which I'm sure he will is going to be one of the state's best before he's done.

Ok termite.....I will eat my crow too. I couldnt make the game as usual but from what I hear the Tigers didnt ever get pumped any before or during the game. So if they plan on even making the playoffs must less go deep, they gotta play every game like they want it! I went to the Sycamore game and Nobody was even remotely energetic including me. The coaches can only do so much. The seniors need to do some motivating!!! :popcorneater:

MC should have just put 11 in the box to stop the run and just leave the SC recievers uncovered because when MC was back in coverage the SC recievers still run wide open. One thing we are forgetting that it was a wet field and you can switch balls out all game long, but they're still going to get soaked and become hard to handle. Not only a lot of dropped passes, but a lot of guys slipping and having trouble staying on their feet...even a ref felt the effects of this.

I noticed as well that about 8 or so seconds was run off the clock during the 2 point conversion...

I guess you know how we feel now. Macon has not been a big game for us...really ever. The loss and subsequent mouthing from it changed that. We didn't play our best...and still won easily. We were not going to lose this one. So...don't focus on us next year either. Focus on GP...since they are a district game. Or maybe WH or Dekalb should be your focus. :rolleyes:

Let me help you out a bit so you can understand what I meant. I said this , "This game isn't anymore important to us than any other we play during the season except for the neighborly rivalry". It means this " EVERY game is important, not just one here and there. I said this "We have bigger fish to fry in the district. So it's back to work this week preparing for the next game. It means this, Our next game is a district game with two more after that one. You have to put the loss behind you and prepare for your next opponent. I said this "Our schedule really doesn't have any freebes in it". It means this, The two non district teams that remain on our schedule are no slouches either, we dont face any slouches all year for that matter, so theres no time to let up.

Now where did I say we didnt focus on you? We focused on you just like every team we play. You really would like to think that we hold you to some higher standard. Sorry we dont. Recognize that SC is a good football program, WE SURE DO. Like EVERY good program we face throughout our season. So when you got beat last year from a program that has struggled the past decade you can expect to get some gab. Kinda comes with the territory.

Edited by RoyalT

Ah...snowman. Your team can't throw...so you wouldn't understand the concept... Why not throw when your receivers are ALL open on just about every play? There were about 4 uncharacteristic drops that were all big plays. Make those plays we usually make... and it's 35 - 6 at the half. I think we also knew Macon had no chance to stop our "slower than January molasses offense" to quote your cohort. I think we also knew Macon could not run. I guess we should have known we were going to drop those wide open td's just like we knew what TC was gonna have the last years.

two longest completions i saw from the sc quarterback had macon boys on the receiving end.icon_e_biggrin.gif so you know everything about macon but claim to know nothing about trousdale... rolleyes.gif crazy how that works. roflol.gif

snoball, RoyalT. They talked all that bull about having already played all the "tough" teams on their slate. Even grouping Jo Byrns in that group. Truth is MC isn't very good. The much talked about offense was never in the game. Truth is SC is easily in the top 2-3 teams they will play on the year. May even be the best. Every team left on their schedule will give them problems. DeKalb and Livingston will challenge them.