Macon @ Smith Co.

geo1126

snoball, RoyalT. They talked all that bull about having already played all the "tough" teams on their slate. Even grouping Jo Byrns in that group. Truth is MC isn't very good. The much talked about offense was never in the game. Truth is SC is easily in the top 2-3 teams they will play on the year. May even be the best. Every team left on their schedule will give them problems. DeKalb and Livingston will challenge them.

So why are you addressing me ? I didnt say that. But we do open with a very tough first 3 games. Historically these teams are some of the hardest on the schedule. And you have to put Jo Byrns in that list because they went to the show last year. Not to mention they hadnt lost a regular season game since 2008 and only lost 1 that year. Just look at there schedule from last year. Average points scored and scored against. And they returned most of there star players from last year. How would you rank them if they were the first team you play on the schedule. Saying EASILY one of the top 2 or 3 teams on our schedule is a bit of a stretch dont you think. May be one of them but not easily. I would put you at the 4th hardest team in this order. GP, WH, TC and SC. Thats not saying anything negative about your team. Historically these teams have been the bigger power houses. But like I said in my other post. All the teams we play are tough.You get better by playing better teams. MC is a good team. But they still have a ways to go. Especially the defense.

So why are you addressing me ? I didnt say that. But we do open with a very tough first 3 games. Historically these teams are some of the hardest on the schedule. And you have to put Jo Byrns in that list because they went to the show last year. Not to mention they hadnt lost a regular season game since 2008 and only lost 1 that year. Just look at there schedule from last year. Average points scored and scored against. And they returned most of there star players from last year. How would you rank them if they were the first team you play on the schedule. Saying EASILY one of the top 2 or 3 teams on our schedule is a bit of a stretch dont you think. May be one of them but not easily. I would put you at the 4th hardest team in this order. GP, WH, TC and SC. Thats not saying anything negative about your team. Historically these teams have been the bigger power houses. But like I said in my other post. All the teams we play are tough.You get better by playing better teams. MC is a good team. But they still have a ways to go. Especially the defense.

Jo Byrns is a good 1A team. At best they're a decent team and last year when they met up with a good team, SP, they got slaughtered. I know you can't really say this because they are a 1a school, but if Jo Byrns played Macon's schedule this year they may get out with just 1 or 2 wins. The best teams MC play year in and year out are WH, GP, TC, and SC. You can't say SC is 4th because these teams could beat one another any time, just like last year SC beat WH and beat a Gville team by 20 that TC only beat by 2 last year. To me those are the 4 toughest teams MC plays and are equal and like I said would be very close games if they met on a yearly basis.

Jo Byrns is a good 1A team. At best they're a decent team and last year when they met up with a good team, SP, they got slaughtered. I know you can't really say this because they are a 1a school, but if Jo Byrns played Macon's schedule this year they may get out with just 1 or 2 wins. The best teams MC play year in and year out are WH, GP, TC, and SC. You can't say SC is 4th because these teams could beat one another any time, just like last year SC beat WH and beat a Gville team by 20 that TC only beat by 2 last year. To me those are the 4 toughest teams MC plays and are equal and like I said would be very close games if they met on a yearly basis.

I can say SC county is 4th cause that's my opinion. Let's stay on this year and use your logic. Except for Jo Byrns cause it's the first game of the season and you have nothing to base it on at the time except for last year. How many points did GP score on us? How many did SC score on us? How consistent was GP scoring compared to SC. How many turn overs did GP have compared to SC? How much did SC beat Gville by? How much did TC beat Gville by. Now MC nor SC has faced WH yet. But WH did get beat by Beech. So they are still up in the air. Nothing good to compare. Unless you want to use last year again. SC beat WH by 3. WH beat MC by 31. MC beat SC by 14. The point I'm trying to make here is that high school football is really hard to break down cause of classification, schedule, and just the fact that it's high school and can be very inconsistent. My opinion that they are the 4th is based on the fact that I go to every game and have seen every opponent they play. I didn't see a top 3 team Friday. I feel like if MC had played that poorly against the other opponents they have faced the scores would have been allot worse. And once again let me repeat this one more time like I already have in my other post. By no means am I saying SC is a bad or mediocre team. My opinion is they are the 4th hardest on our schedule. I'm entitled to it just like you are yours.

Rank SC where you will. Don't guess it really matters. MC remaining schedule may not be as daunting as your first 5, but plenty daunting enough. I predict MC to have problems with them all. Another 5-5 season from this point would be a favorite. I also still contend any defense that allows MC to score 44, has serious issues, I just didn't see that kin of firepower Friday night. Anyway, good luck the rest of the way. Go Big Owls!!!!

I wish all yall from Smith co would shut it. Macon has had a bad game or two but are still a great ball team if they will get more consistent. Let me remind you that you had a bad game against us last year and rebounded just fine. Macon will get it together for the region games and that's all that matters. They just need somebody on the team to be a leader, preferably a senior. They need it fast too cause I heard a soph punched a senior out this past week for running his mouth so they kinda had a civil war this week which would make any team lay down!!!! GET IT TOGETHER BOYS WE ARE STILL COUNTING ON YA!!

I wish all yall from Smith co would shut it. Macon has had a bad game or two but are still a great ball team if they will get more consistent. Let me remind you that you had a bad game against us last year and rebounded just fine. Macon will get it together for the region games and that's all that matters. They just need somebody on the team to be a leader, preferably a senior. They need it fast too cause I heard a soph punched a senior out this past week for running his mouth so they kinda had a civil war this week which would make any team lay down!!!! GET IT TOGETHER BOYS WE ARE STILL COUNTING ON YA!!

Get a burnt piece of 'CROW' did ya??

SC played a terrible game in bad conditions and Macon could have lost this game a lot worse than the score indicated. Their 3rd on your "list" because they spanked your tail after all of that hype and this is the best way you can defend yourself. The best 3 teams you will play this year is SC, TC, and WH. You took a beating from TC and SC, only lost by 1 point to Goodpasture who is 2-3 and you still have them being better than SC? White House will whipe the floor with every team in your district because all of the other teams are just decent. There is a chance Macon goes 4-6 this year because they have left on the schedule, White House, LA, and Dekalb who will all be very tough for Macon to beat this year. I don't see WH or LA losing to Macon because both can score and will bring a little defense to the game. The best chance Macon has at going .500 is against Dekalb because their defense is terrible and Macon should have no problem getting their offense going against them.

Shut it?? Shoe on the other foot ??? :lol:

Bad game or two? How much of that MORE CONSISTANT is MC and how much of that is GP-TC-SC?? I agree with imallin, with as many points that MC is giving up, probably more than a "bad game or two". And being able to score 40 on GP don't make GP's D look so hot either. It doesn't matter at this point where SC ranks in MCs schedule. All we know is SC wasbetter than MC.

So.........a Soph. punched a Sr. and that allowed SC to score 38. Well, a SC player had his cat get run over and that allowed MC to score 21. Come on......SC took there theirs last year.........and all any SC folks said was "we got whipped". Quit whinning, man up,quit making excuses, take it like a man..........heck being a MC fan you ought to be used to it anyway.:roflol:

So you are saying "do as I say and not as I do"? Man, you really did MC a big favor by telling of the Civil war this past week. Don't think MC appreciates your telling this episode do you? Now, MC is not a good football team. Look at the record and TC and SC, both much smaller schools, pounded them. Looks as if some MC fan, rather than SC fans, needs to shut up and face the reality :thumb:

Edited by scooter