Single A Baseball

FlyingEagle86

I don't see Eagleville going to state. I'd look for White House Heritage or Clarksville Academy getting really close this year. Heritage is looking really strong so far.

Eagleville has made it to state 2 years in a row and have argueably their best team ever this year. White House Heritage scrimmaged Eagleville's JV team and only beat them by 1 run. Clarksville Academy couldn't beat a NCS team last year that Eagleville dominated in Sub State last year. It always takes a little luck to make it to State but Eagleville is 6 deep in quality pitching and they should be able to make another run at State this year.

Eagleville has made it to state 2 years in a row and have argueably their best team ever this year. White House Heritage scrimmaged Eagleville's JV team and only beat them by 1 run. Clarksville Academy couldn't beat a NCS team last year that Eagleville dominated in Sub State last year. It always takes a little luck to make it to State but Eagleville is 6 deep in quality pitching and they should be able to make another run at State this year.

It really doesn't take much luck at all. FCS has been there 8 of the last 9 years and this year will make it 9 out of 10.

If you want to go back you can go ahead. But it was my personal opinion that I didn't think they were good enough..

Clarksville Academy couldn't beat a NCS team last year that Eagleville dominated in Sub State last year. It always takes a little luck to make it to State but Eagleville is 6 deep in quality pitching and they should be able to make another run at State this year.

Check your facts, my friend. Last year Clarksville Academy and Nashville Christian played 5 times, with Clarksville Academy taking 3 of the 5.

in my opinion I think there will be more quality teams at the state tournament this year but I believe Riverside is the favorite to win it all

I thought Riverside lost their entire starting outfield , starting second base,and first base. I can't believe that they are deep enough to win it this year. I think they will be in the Boro in May, but I'm not sure if the depth is there. The #3 and #4 starting pitching hasn't been proven yet.

Well. That JV Pitcher was shutting them down and then was consistenly high in the 3rd inning (which is a easy adjustment opposed to being all over the place) Awfully big kid for a JV pitcher.

Guess he isnt a JV pitcher considering he pitched a varsity shutout today from what I hear. Please enlighten us more.

It really doesn't take much luck at all. FCS has been there 8 of the last 9 years and this year will make it 9 out of 10.

No doubt FCS has a great program but regardless of what you say private schools can bring in more talent because they are select and can recruit. All credit due to their caliber of coaches and all that but it's the same at any private school that wants to pursue the talent and maintain a winning program. Brentwood Academy, DCS, JCS, BGA and on down the line. It takes 2 things to be at that level every year, quality program and a continual flow of above average athletes. Your typical small schools can have a solid program but how well they can do changes as their pool of talent changes. Good programs will always be competitive but to be in the State year in and out they have to maintain a higher level of talent. You can talk all you want about no they don't and all that but I've seen it and been around it and heard it from parents whose children were recruited. I'm not trying to take away anything from the quality of their program but private schools have a definite advantage in staying at the top yyear in and year out. It can and does happen at some public programs as well. I can think of a few programs around the state that can recruit. I've been around it and know people who were a part of it as players, parents etc that can speak to it from personal experience. Also if you don't think it takes luck sometimes (not everytime) then you aren't thinking very well.

in my opinion I think there will be more quality teams at the state tournament this year but I believe Riverside is the favorite to win it all

I would agree with that although any team on any day can go down and if that happens it forces that team to make some tough choices with holding or throwing their ace and so forth.

I thought Riverside lost their entire starting outfield , starting second base,and first base. I can't believe that they are deep enough to win it this year. I think they will be in the Boro in May, but I'm not sure if the depth is there. The #3 and #4 starting pitching hasn't been proven yet.

Riverside's pitching is their strength and they have plenty of bats and are fundamentally sound on D. They can be beat but it's not an easy task. Depth is relative. Even if their pitcher is off on a given day they put up lots of runs unless the opposing pitcher is on top of his game.