Single A Baseball

FlyingEagle86

Yes, that is why all those players I named had no chance whatsoever...I can name more and even played with 2 guys who went on to the next level!

Bottom line is, there are great players at both levels. Obviously players from both levels have not only gone on to play, but play exceptionally well. Thats the beauty of baseball. The game doesnt discriminate based on your high schools classification. If you can play, someone will find you and give you your opportunity to stay on the field. Im just happy to be a part of it at the high school level and I love how the level of play in Tennessee is at a high level right now... A through AAA. Enjoy it

Most college coaches wont take a chance on a 1A player...

You are clueless. First of all baseball is all about summer ball. Many single A players play on top level summer teams. College coaches rarely see players play for their high school because they are busy coaching their own college team. There are numerous college coaches at the big summer tournaments. The level of high school ball is irrelevant. Just look at current Braves pitcher Mike Minor who played at Forest, a single A school. Gant at Riverside headed to Vanderbilt. There are many other examples.

You are clueless. First of all baseball is all about summer ball. Many single A players play on top level summer teams. College coaches rarely see players play for their high school because they are busy coaching their own college team. There are numerous college coaches at the big summer tournaments. The level of high school ball is irrelevant. Just look at current Braves pitcher Mike Minor who played at Forest, a single A school. Gant at Riverside headed to Vanderbilt. There are many other examples.

Agree summer ball is the ticket to recruiting, however it is a plus to play at a larger school, not a requirement, but a plus

I'm not clueless. I coach some of those summer teams.We had players from all 3 levels on our teams.Some of the best players we had was from 1A schools.It was rare for a college coach to talk to any of our 1A players,even when we told them they where the better players......Even talk to some college coaches,that said some of their 1A players,where as good or better than the kids from 2A and 3A....then they said that they wouldn't make it on the field unless someone got hurt...they may make the team,but rarely play......How many other kids play college ball from that 06 Forest team.......Not on a team but played.....

I'm not clueless. I coach some of those summer teams.We had players from all 3 levels on our teams.Some of the best players we had was from 1A schools.It was rare for a college coach to talk to any of our 1A players,even when we told them they where the better players......Even talk to some college coaches,that said some of their 1A players,where as good or better than the kids from 2A and 3A....then they said that they wouldn't make it on the field unless someone got hurt...they may make the team,but rarely play......How many other kids play college ball from that 06 Forest team.......Not on a team but played.....

Thats ludicris...poll all the major leaguers out there and see how many teammates from high school of theirs made the bigs,they don't draft in pairs.More kids in a particular school=better chance to have a kid with talent,and thats as far as that goes.I'll also agree that stats may look better against weaker competition,but with AAU ball,summer leagues,and sponsors private showcase events high school games are not where scouts go to evaluate talent.Scotts Hill has three kids with an invite to the under armor event in Florida,garnered from 'tryouts' in Germantown...put yourself out there and(if you can play)someone will find you.

Thats ludicris...poll all the major leaguers out there and see how many teammates from high school of theirs made the bigs,they don't draft in pairs.More kids in a particular school=better chance to have a kid with talent,and thats as far as that goes.I'll also agree that stats may look better against weaker competition,but with AAU ball,summer leagues,and sponsors private showcase events high school games are not where scouts go to evaluate talent.Scotts Hill has three kids with an invite to the under armor event in Florida,garnered from 'tryouts' in Germantown...put yourself out there and(if you can play)someone will find you.

I've always said you don't have to be "good" to go to the next level...There's a college out there for someone who really wants to go on to the next level. I've seen kids who I thought were just average sign scholarships and this goes for all sports. But what they would do is go to camps, play summer ball, etc. to get their name out there so colleges would know who they are.

You make my point (that you are clueless) for me!