Single A Baseball

FlyingEagle86

panthersfan20 please give an example of when an A team beat a AAA team? I'm refering to good A teams like yours...... beating a Farrugat, Mount Juliet, Houston, Arlington

Last year they beat Bartlett, a sub-state team last year, and they beat Jackson North Side, district 13AAA champions.

It's crazy to think an A team could could compete consistantly with an AAA school, that's like saying Wayne County, A state champions in football, could beat Maryville, 6A state champions in football. Of course you could find 20 AAA players that could probably on any A team because there are a lot more players in that classification. In this debate I hear all the time well each team still has to field 9 players, but it's easier to find 9 very good players in a pool 800 kids than it is in a pool of 200 kids.

Last year they beat Bartlett, a sub-state team last year, and they beat Jackson North Side, district 13AAA champions.

It's crazy to think an A team could could compete consistantly with an AAA school, that's like saying Wayne County, A state champions in football, could beat Maryville, 6A state champions in football. Of course you could find 20 AAA players that could probably on any A team because there are a lot more players in that classification. In this debate I hear all the time well each team still has to field 9 players, but it's easier to find 9 very good players in a pool 800 kids than it is in a pool of 200 kids.

I agree with your statement.

I am referring to the "A" divison as a whole, not one particular school. There are good players at the A ball level just like there are bad players at the AAA level. As far as summerball, apples and oranges......

But what does seem odd to me is how FC supporters, are quick to defend, to the bitter end and it always seems that no matter who is posting on this board it's always a FC supporter and anyone else.

Honestly, I know of 3 FC players that would/could start on any AAA team, but I also know 20 AAA players that would/could start on any A team.

For years and years parents have been moving players to FC for an alternative to the larger schools in the area. how many kis on FC roster live in Lebanon?

Well I'm not sure about the roster, but out of the starters 5 or 6 are from Lebanon and most of the time 8 of the 9 players on the field will be from Wilson County. And why limit it to Lebanon? Friendship is just as close to Mount Juliet High School and Wilson Central High School as it is to Lebanon High School.

Edited by CommanderMan

thats funny because we've beat yall 2 years in a row in the state tournament and riverside has a great all aaround team not just one player,i hope yall get on the same sde too so that riverside can prove who will win multiple times!! and we played yall 2 days in a row in 2010 state tournament and who won both games? thats right RIVERSIDE!!!

Yes y'all beat us 2 times one year. We have played y'all 4 times in the last 3 years. Gant has started 3 of those 4 games against us. The one time he didn't start, we pitched an eighth grader and he ended up throwing 7 and 2/3rds innings. It was the first time swindoll had pitched in a high school game. He pitched just as good as yalls pitcher, not named Gant. Also I would bet that Gant is responsible for for 50% of yalls runs against us. He was responsible for all of the runs in the championship so yes I think he is everything for y'all

Well I'm not sure about the roster, but out of the starters 5 or 6 are from Lebanon and most of the time 8 of the 9 players on the team will be from Wilson County. And why limit it to Lebanon? Friendship is just as close to Mount Juliet High School and Wilson Central High School as it is to Lebanon High School.

Let's add Smith Counties, Sumner Counties, etc :mrgreen:

Well I'm not sure about the roster, but out of the starters 5 or 6 are from Lebanon and most of the time 8 of the 9 players on the team will be from Wilson County. And why limit it to Lebanon? Friendship is just as close to Mount Juliet High School and Wilson Central High School as it is to Lebanon High School.

Ok break it down, how many are from Lebanon, Mount Juliet and Wilson Central

Hey FC has a good team, they have proved that, but that does not mean that they can compete game in game out with AAA teams.

The fact remains, a lot of kids have gone to FC searching for playing time that they might not have gotten at MJ, WC or Lebanon. Well....maybe not WC.....but Lebanon and MJ.

And that's ok, if I have a son that needed playing time I would do the same thing. But it is what it is.

Then again Stephen Pryor played at FC

Edited by indexspace

Ok break it down, how many are from Lebanon, Mount Juliet and Wilson Central

Hey FC has a good team, they have proved that, but that does not mean that they can compete game in game out with AAA teams.

The fact remains, a lot of kids have gone to FC searching for playing time that they might not have gotten at MJ, WC or Lebanon. Well....maybe not WC.....but Lebanon and MJ.

And that's ok, if I have a son that needed playing time I would do the same thing. But it is what it is.

Then again Stephen Pryor played at FC

No, we would not be a top tier team like MJ in AAA but we definitely could compete with Lebanon and WC and I think we would be an average to above average team in AAA. I'm not sure what makes you think Lebanon is so good, they beat us 4-2 last year with them pitching their ace and we pitched someone who maybe threw 15 innings last year. Out of the 12 players that I think will see the field the most, 5 or 6 would be at Lebanon, 3 or 4 at MJ, 2 at gordonsville and 1 at WC. Yes, I think overall 1A is pretty weak, Our top 3 pitchers going into the year combined to throw maybe 20 innings because of injuries and we still made it to the state championship. 1A may be somewhat weak, but there are plenty of good players, we have 1 that's gotten calls from Vandy, LSU, and Florida State.

No, we would not be a top tier team like MJ in AAA but we definitely could compete with Lebanon and WC and I think we would be an average to above average team in AAA. I'm not sure what makes you think Lebanon is so good, they beat us 4-2 last year with them pitching their ace and we pitched someone who maybe threw 15 innings last year. Out of the 12 players that I think will see the field the most, 5 or 6 would be at Lebanon, 3 or 4 at MJ, 2 at gordonsville and 1 at WC. Yes, I think overall 1A is pretty weak, Our top 3 pitchers going into the year combined to throw maybe 20 innings because of injuries and we still made it to the state championship. 1A may be somewhat weak, but there are plenty of good players, we have 1 that's gotten calls from Vandy, LSU, and Florida State.

That's great, I hope the player ( if he wants) gets to sign with any of those schools. Keep in mind interest is one thing, signing is another. I agree FC can hold their own with Leb and WC..... Mj is too deep.... but on any given night who knows.

But overall 1A is weak......weak...weak.... so IF a player can play at a AAA school and get time on the field, he should do so...

That's great, I hope the player ( if he wants) gets to sign with any of those schools. Keep in mind interest is one thing, signing is another. I agree FC can hold their own with Leb and WC..... Mj is too deep.... but on any given night who knows.

But overall 1A is weak......weak...weak.... so IF a player can play at a AAA school and get time on the field, he should do so...

I agree with you, if a player is playing at a public 1A school and they feel that they are good enough to play in AAA then that's what they should do because it will make them a better player. I do feel that being at a private school is a different situation. If a parent wants their child in a Christian atmosphere then your gonna have to send them to private. I just graduated from Friendship last year and I feel blessed to have went there. I wouldn't want to go to any other school in the county. I always wanted to play college ball and 1A competition was good enough to get me a college scholarship so I would think that if its good enough for college coaches then it should be good enough for high school baseball fans

I agree with you, if a player is playing at a public 1A school and they feel that they are good enough to play in AAA then that's what they should do because it will make them a better player. I do feel that being at a private school is a different situation. If a parent wants their child in a Christian atmosphere then your gonna have to send them to private. I just graduated from Friendship last year and I feel blessed to have went there. I wouldn't want to go to any other school in the county. I always wanted to play college ball and 1A competition was good enough to get me a college scholarship so I would think that if its good enough for college coaches then it should be good enough for high school baseball fans

Seen Friendship play last year there was nothing about the atmosphere that was christian. Just a bunch of rich people that use religion to seperate themselves from others, cause they think their crap don't stink.

panthersfan20 please give an example of when an A team beat a AAA team? I'm refering to good A teams like yours...... beating a Farrugat, Mount Juliet, Houston, Arlington

I stand corrected, you have beaten some good teams, Houston, Bartlett.....

yeah we beat houston and bartlett,and this year we play more "AAA" teams as in farrugat and riverdale and more,we'll show everyone what we're made of!