District 14A

volfan007

Yea there r several good teams out there. It makes you want to pull your hair out sometimes when your team has one of those off nights. I don't know about LC, but PC earlier in the season every now then seemed to lay down here and there. We've been more consistent lately and seem to have matured during the season.

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GREENFIELD SAID IT ALL IN THE ABOVE QUOTE. ONE HONEST FAN IN THE STANDS. :thumb:

I watch a lot of local teams play and I would says its impossible to please both crowds, no matter how good the ref does. That ref in this game called a lot of crap both ways. if the knee was out its a foul and it was. Give the kid some credit he knocked down 2 free throws to win not the ref. the vikings should smoke everyone in this district but they are poorly coached and have no discipline and whether or not anyone likes the coach at greenfield he does a great job.what other team plays that well lacking in size the way they do. I would also like to add that the refs are not from greenfield and most of their fans think they suck too.

Edited by benjammin24

I'm here Chipper.Humboldt outhustled Lake Co .Bryson looked like an All American last night.Humboldt would drive and get around the defender and Swift would come over to pick them up and Bryson was left alone all night for a layup.Humboldt has as good a starting 5 as anyone in the District.Lake Co can still claim the top spot as long as they take care of business.Have Humboldt beat UC and then Lake co beat Uc.So I still like Lake Co's chances.

Humboldt does have a good starting five. But loses to me i put on the back burner. LC caught fire at the right time last year and won it all. To me its how they play when the gun sounds! UC,LC or Humboldt have the athletes to get hot and make a deep run. Humboldt travels to UC Tuesday night it will be a big win if the Vikings can pick it up. But at UC that will be a hard task! That would shake things up in the District for sure! People kept in mine that LC won the State last year with 11 loses.Thats why i dont worry alot about loses. Good teams win when the pressure is on!

Hey dawg, after LC came to PC last year I was very impressed with yalls team. If you'll look back at some post prior to the state tourny last year I think I told bigster that I thought PC and LC were the cream of the crop, middleton just gave us a little set back. Yall should be proud of your championship! But the title must have swelled your heads to much, because last year I respected most of bigsters posts but this year I almost feel like I dislike him.

Chemtrail.Just having some fun.I dont know where you get the big head stuff at.I havent said Lake Co was the number 1 team or going to win the state.Here is what I was replying too,the statement made by Guru.Well it looks like Lake Co will drop put of Top 10, and rightly so with 7 losses. And I agree if you are just going by losses.But if yall think Lake Co shouldm drop out of the top 10 or not a top Single a team,considering all the close losses to AA top ranked teams .His post was meant for me to reply and he knew I would.I know PC has a fine team and is one of the top 5 and maybe one of the top 3.But I also have said I'd didnt think anyone could win that district over PC this year.Didnt think they would lose a game in the district.It'll all work out.Not saying PC cant or wont beat Lake Co.It very well could happen.We have a Humboldt and Union City to contend with and may not make it through the region.Plus Greenfield and South Fulton are very capable of beating any team.So.Dont know where you get the swelling of the head.Never said Lake Co was going to win the state.Just that they are one of the teams that have the talent.If teams are just looking at the losses and seeing that Lake Co has 7 and thinking they arent playing very well or down.Then that could be a mistake.Also could have a couple more losses before the season is over .

Humboldt does have a good starting five. But loses to me i put on the back burner. LC caught fire at the right time last year and won it all. To me its how they play when the gun sounds! UC,LC or Humboldt have the athletes to get hot and make a deep run. Humboldt travels to UC Tuesday night it will be a big win if the Vikings can pick it up. But at UC that will be a hard task! That would shake things up in the District for sure! People kept in mine that LC won the State last year with 11 loses.Thats why i dont worry alot about loses. Good teams win when the pressure is on!

You're right.LC has about 7 or 8 now and could have a couple more before it's all said and done.But doubt many teams want to play Lake Co is a loser go home game.Not saying Lake Co wont lose but it will be a tough out.Same for Humboldt.Would rather play them in the championship and not a region game where the loser goes home.I personally think Lake Co and Humboldt will be the teams representing but never know.Greenfield and Union City and maybe even South fulton on a given night could beat either of us.

You're right.LC has about 7 or 8 now and could have a couple more before it's all said and done.But doubt many teams want to play Lake Co is a loser go home game.Not saying Lake Co wont lose but it will be a tough out.Same for Humboldt.Would rather play them in the championship and not a region game where the loser goes home.I personally think Lake Co and Humboldt will be the teams representing but never know.Greenfield and Union City and maybe even South fulton on a given night could beat either of us.

U never know i agree the District is much better than in the past! Always got UC and Greenfield and South Fulton are better as well.

:thumb::popcorneater:

Lake County picks up the win at home vs. Greenfield. It was a tight game early as the Falcons played with good effort and intensity on defense. Reminded me alot of the Liberty game. Held Greenfield to 21 points at half and kept Krause in check for most of the night. Still struggling putting the ball in the basket and that was what kept it close in the 1st half. LC is missing too many easy shots at the rim right now and Rafael, Stetson and Devon are not shooting it as well from the perimeter as they were earlier. The second half the Falcons got rolling a little better offensively and continued the stingy D in opening the game up and winning by a big margin. Much better effort from the Falcons and I was pleased with the intensity if they can start knocking the shots down to go with the aggressive D then they have the talent to make a deep post-season run. Next up a week of road trips as LC travels to South Fulton on Tuesday night, Bradford on Friday night before hosting Jackson Southside on Saturday night. As far as the Halls/Humboldt,that was a huge surprise to me. If they had played with anywhere close to the intensity that they showed vs LC then no way they should have lost. Got to play every game. Right now UC has quietly gone about their business and taken over sole possession of first in the district. With Humboldt struglling they could very well end up as regualr season district champs. They get the Vikings in the thunderdome but they must travel to Lake Co. for the rematch. If LC and UC both end with 2 district losses and have split during the regular season, what is the tie-breaker process? just wondering.

Lake County picks up the win at home vs. Greenfield. It was a tight game early as the Falcons played with good effort and intensity on defense. Reminded me alot of the Liberty game. Held Greenfield to 21 points at half and kept Krause in check for most of the night. Still struggling putting the ball in the basket and that was what kept it close in the 1st half. LC is missing too many easy shots at the rim right now and Rafael, Stetson and Devon are not shooting it as well from the perimeter as they were earlier. The second half the Falcons got rolling a little better offensively and continued the stingy D in opening the game up and winning by a big margin. Much better effort from the Falcons and I was pleased with the intensity if they can start knocking the shots down to go with the aggressive D then they have the talent to make a deep post-season run. Next up a week of road trips as LC travels to South Fulton on Tuesday night, Bradford on Friday night before hosting Jackson Southside on Saturday night. As far as the Halls/Humboldt,that was a huge surprise to me. If they had played with anywhere close to the intensity that they showed vs LC then no way they should have lost. Got to play every game. Right now UC has quietly gone about their business and taken over sole possession of first in the district. With Humboldt struglling they could very well end up as regualr season district champs. They get the Vikings in the thunderdome but they must travel to Lake Co. for the rematch. If LC and UC both end with 2 district losses and have split during the regular season, what is the tie-breaker process? just wondering.

I think it's a coin toss.If Humboldt doesn't start playing better,then it could come down to the UC-Lake Co game.Sure was planning on getting some help from humboldt though.