Maryville vs Bearden

REBELRON

Maryville is playing well right now. I am not seeing the fumbles that I was seeing earlier this year. Robinette is playing well. Prevo is a star. Shuler is running the ball well right now. OLine is great.The 2 tight ends are very good. I think having Jacob West at fulltime LB has been a huge difference in the defense. Jacob is fast and strong. Nathan Miranda and Will Murrin give the Rebels a very good set of linebackers. DE play has been good. DT play has gotten better. How bout Shawn Brown? He is a big help on the DLine. Secondary is awesome.

Since a terrible loss to Hardin Valley, Bearden has played well. I hear that Bearden has a very good tailback trying to fill the shoes of the departed Devrin Young.

Maryville needs to keep improving and taking 1 game at a time. I think the kickoff coverage teams need to improve big time. Cant depend on Evan Toby to kick the ball in the end zone everytime. Evan Toby has been huge for Maryville this year. Especially after the graduation of Zach Sharp.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very good assessment from Rebel Ron...my only addition is we have two of the most physical corners that I can ever remember. Dalton and Brandon are great at shedding blockers and shutting down the run but oh my gosh, don't try to throw on them either. If they can't intercept it, they may just break you in half instead. They are fun to watch.

As for Bearden, I have not seen them this year. Last year,, they were very one dimensional and they lost Young. I can't believe Haney is at the same level as Young. Do they have a passing game?

Beware the whistles from the stands... :roflol:

Bearden has almost completely new starters on both offense and defense vs. last year. Many sophmores and juniors as first time starters. Not near as many "atheletes" as Maryville. Not near the size as Maryville at line of scrimmage.

At most they only have one player from east Knox county; or north Knox county; or south Knox county. They do not have any players from Blount county or any other surrounding county that I'm aware. They are just a community team that will be fortunate to even score on Maryville.

However, they are the last Knox county team to have beaten Maryville. Several of their current coaches played on that Bearden team.

That is why they still play the game instead of just writing down a score before hand.

Bearden has almost completely new starters on both offense and defense vs. last year. Many sophmores and juniors as first time starters. Not near as many "atheletes" as Maryville. Not near the size as Maryville at line of scrimmage.

At most they only have one player from east Knox county; or north Knox county; or south Knox county. They do not have any players from Blount county or any other surrounding county that I'm aware. They are just a community team that will be fortunate to even score on Maryville.

However, they are the last Knox county team to have beaten Maryville. Several of their current coaches played on that Bearden team.

That is why they still play the game instead of just writing down a score before hand.

When did this happen? Because I believe Halls was the last.

Edited by MHSRebels

According to my records the last school located in Knox County to beat Maryville was Halls in 2000. Halls beat MHS 21-14. Maryville did go on to win a State Championship that year. The last time Bearden beat MHS was in 1993. Maryville is 11-2-1 against Bearden all time.

YEAR BHS MHS

2010 14 34

2010 20 52 Playoffs

2009 0 38

1994 3 10

1993 28 7

1992 7 21

1991 10 49

1990 27 0

1989 7 28

1988 12 31

1987 13 40

1969 0 19 Smoky Mtn. Bowl

1966 0 0 Tie

1965 0 19

Since your facts are incorrect about this, it leads me to doubt your overall credibility.

Edited by Red Rebels

According to my records the last school located in Knox County to beat Maryville was Halls in 2000. Halls beat MHS 21-14. Maryville did go on to win a State Championship that year. The last time Bearden beat MHS was in 1993. Maryville is 11-2-1 against Bearden all time.

YEAR BHS MHS

2010 14 34

2010 20 52 Playoffs

2009 0 38

1994 3 10

1993 28 7

1992 7 21

1991 10 49

1990 27 0

1989 7 28

1988 12 31

1987 13 40

1969 0 19 Smoky Mtn. Bowl

1966 0 0 Tie

1965 0 19

Since your facts are incorrect about this, it leads me to doubt your overall credibility.

You are correct!