Best football atmosphere in the state

flyinhawaiian11

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I havent seen many like Trousdale's. South pitt is pretty good. Livingston is really good when they are winning. And Macon County with their "hit somebody" chant lol

There are several places that have unique traditions but for me the best atmosphere is when something is on the line. So for me the best atmosphere is any semifinal playoff game regardless of class. Playing such a big game at a high school is something to see. The state championship games (and most regular season games)are DULL compared to the semifinal games.

There are several places that have unique traditions but for me the best atmosphere is when something is on the line. So for me the best atmosphere is any semifinal playoff game regardless of class. Playing such a big game at a high school is something to see. The state championship games (and most regular season games)are DULL compared to the semifinal games.

This is true. The semi-games are special. especially if it is a close game. But I wanna know week in and week out. Where is the support and atmosphere just special. I know Trousdale looks like a complete ghost town during friday nights.

Any small town with a winning tradition.

One of the truest statements in quite a while.

For the entire family I am partial to Greenback. Other venues boast better fields and bleachers but it is hard to beat backing up the old truck to the sidelines for a great view and letting the kids run wild on the practice field and behind the bleachers. The whole town usually turns out if the weather anything other than a monsoon. Decent food, vocal and passionate crowds, rowdy enough to make it interesting but still respectful. When the game is over, win or lose no hard feelings, thanks for coming and have a safe trip home is how it usually ends. No doubt many other 1A schools have this type of atmosphere, I'm just most familiar with GB.

TC 's great crowds, Alcoa and maryville atmosphere is overwhelming, greenback's parking and beautiful sunset will take you breath away, but nobody beats the home cooking at oakdale's homecoming. Is that not what it all comes down to, the food.

Your joking, that Voyles man at Oakdale feeds everyone a meal for homecoming that comes to the game for free? Someone needs to tell Grider to do this for our homecoming this week. Grider has never offered to feed everyone a meal that comes to homecoming. Are we the only school in the TSAA that does not do this? You think im joking but im not.

One of the truest statements in quite a while.

For the entire family I am partial to Greenback. Other venues boast better fields and bleachers but it is hard to beat backing up the old truck to the sidelines for a great view and letting the kids run wild on the practice field and behind the bleachers. The whole town usually turns out if the weather anything other than a monsoon. Decent food, vocal and passionate crowds, rowdy enough to make it interesting but still respectful. When the game is over, win or lose no hard feelings, thanks for coming and have a safe trip home is how it usually ends. No doubt many other 1A schools have this type of atmosphere, I'm just most familiar with GB.

Xcellunt post maj....Me and mommaSTARS wint down two Greenbaik (bye the way momma's almer tomater) a cupple ov yeer ago fer tha Oneyeda gaim....Charlie haid hiz 4X4 baiked up two tha fence fer us....A cupple ov nice cheers in tha bed, lots ov trips two tha sesshun stand fer momma, and we haid a bawl.....Then we wint two tha drugstore and tanked up agin aftur tha gaim and stopped bye Fuzz's fer sum cheep gas on tha way home.... :thumb:

Xcellunt post maj....Me and mommaSTARS wint down two Greenbaik (bye the way momma's almer tomater) a cupple ov yeer ago fer tha Oneyeda gaim....Charlie haid hiz 4X4 baiked up two tha fence fer us....A cupple ov nice cheers in tha bed, lots ov trips two tha sesshun stand fer momma, and we haid a bawl.....Then we wint two tha drugstore and tanked up agin aftur tha gaim and stopped bye Fuzz's fer sum cheep gas on tha way home.... :thumb:

I could not have said it better!When you have time stop by fuzz's and get one of his bacon cheeseburgers,just cant be beat.get there before a home game and see some of the older fans eating together and asking anyone who comes in "you goin to the game".priceless!