Signal Mountain @ Polk County

MountainTroll

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was nice to see Price hasn't changed since his days in Bradley Co..... 4th and 25 from your own 30 yard line....Fake punt??? That was like giving Polk 6 points.....4th and 2 from your own 25....go for it..another easy 6 for Polk... And the timeout at halftime was bush league!!!

Before I comment on the game I will say this about what you have written. Unless you're completely clueless you know what has happened over the past 24 hours to SM. I believe Coach Price on all of these calls except one was trying to show his players how much he believes in them. Did they hurt or help,I don't know but I do know the last 48 hours for these kids has been miserable.

The except one call, well it's the timeout before half. I think he did it because he was mad at the officials. It gave him a little more time to converse with them about their lopsided calling of the game. :roflol:

As for the game Polk looked good. They were fresh and ready for the game and they came out executed their game plan and were very fundamental. I say Congratulations to Polk.

I wanted to commend coach Davis for improving his schedule this season. Many coaches these days are scared to compete. I'm glad to see that Davis finally had the brass to do it. Like I said when I posted after your chatt central loss, the scheduling would benefit the cats long term and it looks like it has. To quote my brother "battle tested teams get it done in big battles". Congrats to the Cats on a great win ill be pulling for you boys the rest of the way

Awake again and have a sore throat - politics aside, what was your stand-out plays in a stand-out game?

For me it was SM's first quarterback draw - executed freaking perfectly. Saw Polk's guards go flying in and the SM QB flying out right up the middle. Was an 'Oh Crap' moment lol.

The other was the Cup Check - idk which Polk player it was, but SM's QB had been burning us on that two step drop and throw down to the sideline to #7 and early in the 4th, same play was made and the PC guy was there, sailed through #7's hands and our guy wrapped him up with a helmet to the balls - Cup Check made, Cup Check failed. Epic.

:roflol:

Most Embarrassing Moment? Wife and I were meeting with Mtn Troll, APB, and BCsportsfan under the scoreboard at halftime - hear over PA system our names and the fact our littletornado 8 year old girl-like object was at the front gate looking for us - we weren't at our seats "Like we're supposed to be" when she comes calling from her many busy game activities.... little butthead.

Awake again and have a sore throat - politics aside, what was your stand-out plays in a stand-out game?

For me it was SM's first quarterback draw - executed freaking perfectly. Saw Polk's guards go flying in and the SM QB flying out right up the middle. Was an 'Oh Crap' moment lol.

The other was the Cup Check - idk which Polk player it was, but SM's QB had been burning us on that two step drop and throw down to the sideline to #7 and early in the 4th, same play was made and the PC guy was there, sailed through #7's hands and our guy wrapped him up with a helmet to the balls - Cup Check made, Cup Check failed. Epic.

:roflol:

Most Embarrassing Moment? Wife and I were meeting with Mtn Troll, APB, and BCsportsfan under the scoreboard at halftime - hear over PA system our names and the fact our littletornado 8 year old girl-like object was at the front gate looking for us - we weren't at our seats "Like we're supposed to be" when she comes calling from her many busy game activities.... little butthead.

WOW, great game. Both teams played to the wire! Polk Co. and SM are both very very good teams. Polks offensive execution impressed the heck out of me. Once SM figured out the WT miss-direction, Polk went to #24 on the sweep. #24 for Polk is a major player. Again, one of the best games I've watched in a while! :thumb:

Also, I got to meet some fine folks......Mtn Troll, Mrs Mtn Troll, Yeehaw and Realmenwearred. They iz my cind'a peoples! :D