The Ridge(OR) @ Karns

SweetScience

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Karns runs an unusual defense. It is hard to block because of the way they utilize the strong safety when they get down in an eagle technique. For those that don't know what eagle means. Thats when the defensive tackles cover the guards. So, you have the center covered by the nose guard in a 5 man front. Both guards are covered. Then, they use the strong safety like a middle linebacker. When they blitz him through the A gap, the center and guards have to block four guys. Someone is coming free straight up the gut. That's why we had so much trouble with them between the tackles last year. We never did pick that up or adjust to it. Hopefully this week our coaches will really figure out their scheme and get the scout team to give the offense a realistic good look at what we will see on Friday night. They also blitz both middle linebackers alot when they are not in eagle. It is easier to run outside on them because they sell out to take away our running between the tackles. They leave their corners and safety in man alot. It's a high risk/reward defense. If you catch them with something it's a big play for you, if not it's a big play for them. It's the exact opposite of the bend but don't break approach to defense.

Not sure where this Karns team will finish but here is some info on where they have come from, a team that has not made the playoffs in years not had a winning record in over 30 years has had a new coach every three years, 6 and 24 under the last great coaching staff, the great things here is Karns 5 and 2 with one more win will have their first winning season in 30 years, probably make the playoffs and for sure starts getting some more kids out of those halls on the field, I guess having a coach that cares more for the kids then he does his record has proven to be the formula, DIDN'T need the Califorina Express or the Sunbright JA or the I played every position HC, just a coach that wants to see young men achieve some goals and is willing to do the work with them, CONGRATS to coach Witt and his staff and for sure the young men that have worked so hard to be better than others told them they could be, congrats to the admin on making the changes that needed to be made to have all the positives happen, and Karns you may not play anyone but at least you are beating the ones you do play good luck the rest of the year and we will see you Friday taking on those Wildcats.

Coach Witt is a good coach and a good teacher, but he is an even better person, family man and father. Karns could not have a better role model for those players. Let me speak for all the loyal but frustrated Karns fans and say, "It's about freakin' time!" Congratulations on getting the program on track and headed in the right direction.

Coach Witt is a good coach and a good teacher, but he is an even better person, family man and father. Karns could not have a better role model for those players. Let me speak for all the loyal but frustrated Karns fans and say, "It's about freakin' time!" Congratulations on getting the program on track and headed in the right direction.

Could not have been said better, he is 100% great for the school and kids AND HE WANTS TO BE THERE.

Could not have been said better, they have the right guy and the thing is they had him when they hired the other guys but, coach Witt wants to be at Karns never says he wants to leave great for school and the kids.

Could not have been said better, they have the right guy and the thing is they had him when they hired the other guys but, coach Witt wants to be at Karns never says he wants to leave great for school and the kids.

I dont know Coach Witt on a personal level but the atmosphere that he and his staff have created at Karns is something spectacular. Those kids believe they can win every time they step on that field.

AC is a young team we are taking are beatings this year. We have a team full of lower classmen.... I do think we will make the playoffs this year... We got to take care of Karns, HV, Clinton..... I think we could also lose one of those games and still make it.... We will see.... OakRidge and Powell are really good ....

AC is a young team we are taking are beatings this year. We have a team full of lower classmen.... I do think we will make the playoffs this year... We got to take care of Karns, HV, Clinton..... I think we could also lose one of those games and still make it.... We will see.... OakRidge and Powell are really good ....

Well, it is good to know that even on a down year for us, we can still take care of the mavs :P lol jk. Yall should be better next year, maybe you can get that all elusive 2nd win against us next year....or not :) lol