Oneida vs. Oliver Springs

rufusbass

Really?Oneida is a much better coached team than you all,22 seniors in high school football is a ton of experience,you all should be the best team in that region,but your not.What else could explain this?I am not being mean or calling YOUR coach out,just stating facts.like it or not Oneida wins this one.And yes i have a tremendous respect for the Indians program always have.I lost what respect i had for OS when i found out you where one of their coaches and acted the way you did on our thread.Matback is a close friend of mine and what you said out of ignorance was uncalled for.Indian fans sorry i got of topic but i wish you all the best the rest of the season!

The previous comment was made in jest. As far as losing respect for OS, don't group the whole program because of me. The mistaken identity was apologized for. The comments I made in regards to my opinion and previous experience with the coach, I don't apologize for. The comments I made about some of the tactics used in the OS/GB game were factual, as evident in the game film. BTW, just because we have "22 seniors" doesn't make us the "best team in the region". That's not my opinion, that's a fact.

The previous comment was made in jest. As far as losing respect for OS, don't group the whole program because of me. The mistaken identity was apologized for. The comments I made in regards to my opinion and previous experience with the coach, I don't apologize for. The comments I made about some of the tactics used in the OS/GB game were factual, as evident in the game film. BTW, just because we have "22 seniors" doesn't make us the "best team in the region". That's not my opinion, that's a fact.

Nor does it make you all the worst team in the region because you have the worst coaching staff. Those 22 seniors make up for lack of leadership.

BTW, just because we have "22 seniors" doesn't make us the "best team in the region". That's not my opinion, that's a fact.

Well said!!!

That is one of the biggest problems fans/parents have with understanding expectations. "One Year Older" doesn't necessarily mean "One Year Better"!!!

True Example: I was in Barber Shop X talking about Team Y on the upcoming season. I made a comment on OFF Line play and how they struggled the year before.

Local Barber Shop Idiot Reply--"Well we won't have that excuse this year!!"

My Reply--"Why do you say that?"

Idiot--"We got everybody back on the O-Line!!"

So because a kid is one year older, he all of a sudden becomes a better offensive lineman???

So if you have an 11th Grade RB that runs a 4.6 40.........By the time he's in the 12 grade, he's a 4.4 right???

GTFOH............Outta those 22 Seniors there may be 12 Sluggs that just keep hangning around. The age of your players has nothing to do with the equation. May help with leadership and team chemistry, but execution doesn't get better with age.

By the time you are a Senior, most kids fall into 2 categories in all sports:

1--You are what you are. Pretty much the same kid you had last year as a Junior--little more polished.

2--You are worse than you were. Stopped working hard, thought they had it all figured out. Figures out they aren't gonna be the starting LB at UT next year. Ready to move on to greener patures, or just plain don't care anymore.

OS is a good team. They were in two close games with some tough competition. You won't find tougher teams than Coalfield or Kingston as far as pounding out a game. Really good watershed match-ups this year for OS. Got to have something going your way to hang around with either squad and lady luck wouldn't show up twice.

I expect this to be a hard fought match in Oneida Friday night. Great opportunity for the Indians to step back into the upper half of the district. Oneida will play hard all four quarter, just have to stay focused and limit the mistakes. Gonna be crisp, clear night! 70° coolig down to a perfect 62°! :thumb:

Not much rattle going on about what should be a big game for this district. OZ should be a force but for whatever reason have stumbled a bit this year. Is this the week they bring it all together for a big district win or will the Indians keep clicking for the "dubya"?

The RB with the most yards from scrimmage has the edge in this game. That is as long as they don't leave it on the floor!! Turnovers will be killer for both of these teams. I seriously hope the home field works its magic for the Indians... I'd like to think the Reservation is worth a touchdown every once in a while.

Kazam