Oneida vs. Oliver Springs

rufusbass

Yea it's good for Rockwood, Hampton, OS, Oneida and whoever else makes the playoffs from around here because Grace would have rolled through everybody. A lot of people are hoping their numbers keep growing so they'll be out of the small school playoffs in the future.

I'll help them hope,big fish in a small pond. I'd say they would rather keep their enrollment down and the football roster up.I think Hampton could hold their own this year,the future is what bothers me.

Edited by pujo

orngnblk, really didn't expect that from you. Huge surprise.:thumb:

Really?Oneida is a much better coached team than you all,22 seniors in high school football is a ton of experience,you all should be the best team in that region,but your not.What else could explain this?I am not being mean or calling YOUR coach out,just stating facts.like it or not Oneida wins this one.And yes i have a tremendous respect for the Indians program always have.I lost what respect i had for OS when i found out you where one of their coaches and acted the way you did on our thread.Matback is a close friend of mine and what you said out of ignorance was uncalled for.Indian fans sorry i got of topic but i wish you all the best the rest of the season!

Really?Oneida is a much better coached team than you all,22 seniors in high school football is a ton of experience,you all should be the best team in that region,but your not.What else could explain this?I am not being mean or calling YOUR coach out,just stating facts.like it or not Oneida wins this one.And yes i have a tremendous respect for the Indians program always have.I lost what respect i had for OS when i found out you where one of their coaches and acted the way you did on our thread.Matback is a close friend of mine and what you said out of ignorance was uncalled for.Indian fans sorry i got of topic but i wish you all the best the rest of the season!

22 Seniors is probably the most of any team in 2a,a big clas for us is usually 10.

Man, I would like to play Grace this year to get ready for next year! How fast can you build the juggernaught. It's sad that Grace has one of the best team in 2A this year and won't be able to play. I am being 100% honest. I'm sure who ever wins, wants to know they played the best.

It's funny that some folks wonder why small school don't like private schools. Grace beats Carter and I dont even think the Knox News Sentile mentioned it. They beat AC (6A school) and there is like one line at the back of the sports page. Next week, put the wood on CAK (perinal 4A power)...garners a story on page 5. Beat Greenback (1A) and Grace get the entire front page of the Prep Extra. Jeeeeeeez. Really? I'm thinking about putting up a billboard in Knoxville

"Come play football in Oneida...We're Orange and White like UT!" :thumb: Maybe next to the Hooters on Kingston Pike? Who said public schools can't recruit! :rolleyes:

One thing Oneida fans shouldn't do is put too much in comparing scores from the Greenback game. OS never showed up for that game after Kingston won the game at the end of week 0 with that incredible run by Szozda. OS would have struggled with anybody that night, much less a team as good as Greenback.

But to me the key is Oliver Springs is playing four quarters of football. Two of their three losses they have been up by at least 2 TDs in the third quarter and let them get away. If they figure out how to put four quarters together they could be the best team going to the playoffs out of District 3-A or 4-A.

Goose, I agree. Oneida has improved steadily over the last 5 weeks. the Indian's offense has really come on but still have just enough green in the defense to make a handful of mistakes.

OS is a scary team. I haven't seen the Bobcats this year but with 22 seniors and reports of them not putting 4 qtrs together, I doubt the Tribe is expecting a tea party.

Oneida has enough gravel in their gut to stick it out but I think it's gonna take some solid, smart football this Friday to get the win over OS.

Man, I would like to play Grace this year to get ready for next year! How fast can you build the juggernaught. It's sad that Grace has one of the best team in 2A this year and won't be able to play. I am being 100% honest. I'm sure who ever wins, wants to know they played the best.

It's funny that some folks wonder why small school don't like private schools. Grace beats Carter and I dont even think the Knox News Sentile mentioned it. They beat AC (6A school) and there is like one line at the back of the sports page. Next week, put the wood on CAK (perinal 4A power)...garners a story on page 5. Beat Greenback (1A) and Grace get the entire front page of the Prep Extra. Jeeeeeeez. Really? I'm thinking about putting up a billboard in Knoxville

"Come play football in Oneida...We're Orange and White like UT!" :thumb: Maybe next to the Hooters on Kingston Pike? Who said public schools can't recruit! :rolleyes:

You've got to have money and geographics Smashmouth.It don't hurt having Troy Fleeming on you're staff. I also think they've hired coaches from some of the local schools to help lure their kids. This bunch is COMMITTED. I hope they win the Super Bowl.

Goose, I agree. Oneida has improved steadily over the last 5 weeks. the Indian's offense has really come on but still have just enough green in the defense to make a handful of mistakes.

OS is a scary team. I haven't seen the Bobcats this year but with 22 seniors and reports of them not putting 4 qtrs together, I doubt the Tribe is expecting a tea party.

Oneida has enough gravel in their gut to stick it out but I think it's gonna take some solid, smart football this Friday to get the win over OS.

Good luck this week Smashmouth,we've got a tough one on our hands as well.

You've got to have money and geographics Smashmouth.It don't hurt having Troy Fleeming on you're staff. I also think they've hired coaches from some of the local schools to help lure their kids. This bunch is COMMITTED. I hope they win the Super Bowl.

Shoot, brother, guess we'll just have to lift more weights. Although, I have to say, I'd pick Grace over my Steelers this year! :rolleyes: I hope the Rams get bumped up to the AFC North before they get outa control!

Good luck against Sullivan East. Those cats look like they might have a good team. I'm sure Coach Lunsford will have your Bulldogs ready to go!

Edited by SmashMouth

The reason I like small town football is that on any given friday night anyone can beat anyone. A team may loose 100 straight but there comes that one time. I never count anyone out or put limits on anyone. We all love a good under dog story. And pujo, I am still hope to see you come playoffs. So keep them dogs going and healthy.

Edited by CleatlessInjun